Current position: Home > Default > Adding Company Knowledge with OpsMgr 2012 Console - "Failed to launch Microsoft Word"
Adding Company Knowledge with OpsMgr 2012 Console - "Failed to launch Microsoft Word"
I'm trying to add company knowledge using the OpsMgr 2012 console (32-bit) on Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit) using the guidelines provided at the following link...
I'm using Office 2010 Pro Plus SP1 (32-bit) with the .NET Programmability feature and the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition Runtime installed, but I get the dreaded "failed to launch Microsoft Word" error...
...any help or guidance would be greatly apprecaited!
I have confirmed that the following instructions does allow you to use Word 2010 32-bit running on Windows 7 64-bit or Windows Server 2008 R2 to edit company
1. Go to the directory where the OpsMgr console is installed (example: C:\Program Files\System Center\Operations Manager 2012\Console )
2. Make a copy of Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe.config
3. Edit Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe.config using Administrator rights
4. Search for “</dependentAssembly>” and remove the “<publisherPolicy apply="no" />” line immediately following the “</dependentAssembly>” line
Hope this helps!
Well, firstly I have to agree with other people's comments along the lines of "It shouldn't be this hard!", but I can happily say that the solution above (by IM5FOOTNOTHIN)
worked for me...once I noticed this crucial footnote: "Do this for
ALL instances of the
<publisherPolicy apply="no" /> line that immediately follow the </dependentAssembly> line"
- 1Gmail IMAP *was* working with Apple Mail - days later it's stopped working. 10-11
- 2Smart form: how to display two total amount in footer 10-11
- 3Date difference between Java and db2 11-30
- 4Profit center as COPA characteristic 11-30
- 5I didn't put a rescue email when i first created my account 11-30
- 6How to install weblogic clusters on NT Services 11-30
- 7Source for Same GL Account(SKA1) used in multiple Chart Of Accounts(T004) 11-30
- 8Configure Overdue date with lights red green yellow 11-30
- Adobe in design cs2 crashes before it can open - Please HELP!!10/11
- There has to be someone out there that knows the a...10/11
- Bold text formatting doesn't work on Android device10/11
- IWeb HTML snippet doesn't work hosted outside MobileMe10/11
- MDM 7.1 Transport Management using CTS+10/11
- Online Videos for Free Hand?10/11
- Please Help Me With My JVC Everio11/30
- Is my WD Maybook Studio running at FW80011/30
- FM to start IE (google maps) in separate window ?11/30
- Arrangement of marketing attributes11/30