Current position: Home > Default > Adding Company Knowledge with OpsMgr 2012 Console - "Failed to launch Microsoft Word"
Adding Company Knowledge with OpsMgr 2012 Console - "Failed to launch Microsoft Word"
I'm trying to add company knowledge using the OpsMgr 2012 console (32-bit) on Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit) using the guidelines provided at the following link...
I'm using Office 2010 Pro Plus SP1 (32-bit) with the .NET Programmability feature and the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition Runtime installed, but I get the dreaded "failed to launch Microsoft Word" error...
...any help or guidance would be greatly apprecaited!
I have confirmed that the following instructions does allow you to use Word 2010 32-bit running on Windows 7 64-bit or Windows Server 2008 R2 to edit company
1. Go to the directory where the OpsMgr console is installed (example: C:\Program Files\System Center\Operations Manager 2012\Console )
2. Make a copy of Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe.config
3. Edit Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe.config using Administrator rights
4. Search for “</dependentAssembly>” and remove the “<publisherPolicy apply="no" />” line immediately following the “</dependentAssembly>” line
Hope this helps!
Well, firstly I have to agree with other people's comments along the lines of "It shouldn't be this hard!", but I can happily say that the solution above (by IM5FOOTNOTHIN)
worked for me...once I noticed this crucial footnote: "Do this for
ALL instances of the
<publisherPolicy apply="no" /> line that immediately follow the </dependentAssembly> line"
- 1Do I need to erase my hard drive to use time machine? 10-11
- 2How do you transfer ical data and address book from a mac back up to an ipad? 10-11
- 3File to File scenario is not working 10-11
- 4I can't open App Store in my OSX Lion 10-11
- 5Java Web Start and Cookies 10-11
- 6SATA or firewire 800/400 10-11
- 7How to pass BigDecimal as currecny to Crystal Reports using JRC 11 11-30
- 8ITunes U access 11-30
- Error opening a project after i have saved it10/11
- Change Batch number while goods receive for PO10/11
- How do I sync the contacts on my iphone 5 and my macbook and my email?10/11
- IC WebClient: Add Dropdown Box to TableView10/11
- About query Operator in find page??10/11
- IPod nano 7th gen not recognised in iTunes using Windows 8.110/11
- PushButton with Windows XP Look and Feel10/11
- Flash websites?10/11
- Problem with Temporary Table (Urgent)11/30
- Object locking of entity bean in a SSBean[Environment: WebLogic 10.0, EJB3.0, Kodo/OpenJPA]11/30