Current position: Home > Default > Adding Company Knowledge with OpsMgr 2012 Console - "Failed to launch Microsoft Word"
Adding Company Knowledge with OpsMgr 2012 Console - "Failed to launch Microsoft Word"
I'm trying to add company knowledge using the OpsMgr 2012 console (32-bit) on Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit) using the guidelines provided at the following link...
I'm using Office 2010 Pro Plus SP1 (32-bit) with the .NET Programmability feature and the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition Runtime installed, but I get the dreaded "failed to launch Microsoft Word" error...
...any help or guidance would be greatly apprecaited!
I have confirmed that the following instructions does allow you to use Word 2010 32-bit running on Windows 7 64-bit or Windows Server 2008 R2 to edit company
1. Go to the directory where the OpsMgr console is installed (example: C:\Program Files\System Center\Operations Manager 2012\Console )
2. Make a copy of Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe.config
3. Edit Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe.config using Administrator rights
4. Search for “</dependentAssembly>” and remove the “<publisherPolicy apply="no" />” line immediately following the “</dependentAssembly>” line
Hope this helps!
Well, firstly I have to agree with other people's comments along the lines of "It shouldn't be this hard!", but I can happily say that the solution above (by IM5FOOTNOTHIN)
worked for me...once I noticed this crucial footnote: "Do this for
ALL instances of the
<publisherPolicy apply="no" /> line that immediately follow the </dependentAssembly> line"
- 1Error loading the data into cube 10-11
- 2I had put my 3G sim in one IPAD 2 for testing. After 2 days I put the sim in my own IPAD 2 , but it does not accept/read the sim. Kindly advise 10-11
- 3Primary Key supported by a non-unique index? 11-30
- 4Mavericks mail can't send mail from the correct account 11-30
- 5Indesign CS4 Crashing with one doc only 11-30
- 6SRQM_NOTES - how to disable the tooltip for the textfield 11-30
- 7FIM Out of the box Reporting - web interface 11-30
- 8Regarding caching mechanism - Pls respond ASAP. 11-30
- SharePoint: Workflows - Emailing hyperlink of list item.10/11
- How do I sync non iTunes content to my iOS devices with Mavericks10/11
- How can I move ALL Tools to the left side of the Acrobat XI interface?10/11
- Best method for rolling period/year10/11
- How can I combine a old email address to a new mail address11/30
- Internet conection very slow after upgrading to Leopard11/30
- Folio preview does not work!! since Mandatory Folio Builder Panel update!11/30
- Color the Particular cell11/30
- Forms Runtime Process and OC4J - Can I separate them?11/30
- UMS and URL to FIM11/30