Current position: Home > Default > Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014 not recognising opacity/alpha values from After Effects
Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014 not recognising opacity/alpha values from After Effects
AdvertisementHello, I'm importing AE compositions directly into Media Encoder to output as 'Match Source - Medium Bitrate H.264' files. However Media Encoder is not recognising the opacity values of the layers in AE and the background images are coming out as opaque rather than partially transparent.
How can I resolve this? If I render the movie from AE as a .mov then use Media Encoder it works fine, but that takes a lot more time.
AdvertisementCan you post screenshots of your comp in After Effects and the result you are getting from AME?
One issue you may be hitting is that AME is not aware of the composition background color. This is a limitation of Dynamic Link; because a primary use case of Dynamic Link is placing an After Effects composition, such as lower-thirds titles, into a Premiere Pro sequence, Dynamic Link ignores the background color of the composition and treats any the background pixels as alpha. In AME, since there is no compositing happening, black is used to fill in the alpha area.
To work around this limitation, place a solid at the bottom of your composition layer stack that is the color of your background.
You're welcome to submit this problem as a feature request: http://adobe.ly/feature_request
- 1What is the process for connecting ethernet. Have ethernet cable connected to stereo received for internet radio and Blue Ray. However Network System Preferences indicates ethernet not connected and has red dot to left. Note Airport wireless is working. 10-11
- 2Can't update my iPhoto 9.4.2 to 9.4.3 11-30
- 3How to compute group_number efficiently? 11-30
- 4Best Practices for configuring ICMP from the outside 11-30
- 5Illustrator CS6 blend mode spacing 11-30
- 6P12 creation issues(Read all previous threads & watched all youtube videos) 11-30
- 7Event id 1000 source application error keeping getting this. 11-30
- 8Error:A Sereous Error was Detected 11-30
- Photoshop CS2 or CS3 on Snow Leopard Mac?10/11
- Websites not loading correctly and flash videos not playing10/11
- Referencing a method in one class from a constructor in another?11/30
- Basic GRC queries11/30
- List save as local file is greyed out11/30
- Highlight color when using Find 211/30
- Itunes store is in french11/30
- Uploading Muse CC website to SharePoint11/30
- Itunes 11.1 won't launch iphone5 on iMac with OS X10.8.511/30
- Updated to new firefox 5-now get error can't initialize the apps security component won't display websites-using AVG11-used firefox help file to allow fire.exe to run, & restrted by still no go-first update i've had problems with, thanks for the help11/30