Current position: Home > Default > Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014 not recognising opacity/alpha values from After Effects
Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014 not recognising opacity/alpha values from After Effects
AdvertisementHello, I'm importing AE compositions directly into Media Encoder to output as 'Match Source - Medium Bitrate H.264' files. However Media Encoder is not recognising the opacity values of the layers in AE and the background images are coming out as opaque rather than partially transparent.
How can I resolve this? If I render the movie from AE as a .mov then use Media Encoder it works fine, but that takes a lot more time.
AdvertisementCan you post screenshots of your comp in After Effects and the result you are getting from AME?
One issue you may be hitting is that AME is not aware of the composition background color. This is a limitation of Dynamic Link; because a primary use case of Dynamic Link is placing an After Effects composition, such as lower-thirds titles, into a Premiere Pro sequence, Dynamic Link ignores the background color of the composition and treats any the background pixels as alpha. In AME, since there is no compositing happening, black is used to fill in the alpha area.
To work around this limitation, place a solid at the bottom of your composition layer stack that is the color of your background.
You're welcome to submit this problem as a feature request: http://adobe.ly/feature_request
- 1F2F Multiline scenario 10-11
- 2Will the included HDMI - DVI adapter support 1920X1080 11-30
- 3When i try to load pictures or to veiw them in another window, e.g. from ebay, or any site, the page will come up blank. why is this? 11-30
- 4Integrating Style sheet in WD abap 11-30
- 5Passing value from one view to form 11-30
- 6Server side rule and procCall - only in es_mail schema 11-30
- 7DBMS exception 11-30
- 8Newbie having trouble with searching for apps. 11-30
- Module Pool - Table Control - Data not getting displayed in Control10/11
- Runtime Error An exception occured while processing the request10/11
- How to repair PS Elements 6.0?11/30
- [Solved] a.out not recognizing the working directory11/30
- Sales order conditions - Pricing elements11/30
- Content server log showing exception in stream11/30
- Change the default oracle datafile permission from 640 to 644 internally.11/30
- Tabindex radiogroup not working11/30
- JBO-25200: Application module is not connected to a database11/30
- Where is original "Compress PDF" download for Mac OS X 10.5.8 (not 6.0!!)11/30