ALL IPHOTO LIBRARY VANISHED!
AdvertisementI was sorting my pictures and wanted to add some new ones from a memory key. I tried drag and drop, but it took too much time. The little wheel for my mouse was rolling forever, my computer froze, and i had no choice to restart it. When it came on again, I went in iPhoto, and theyre were NO PHOTOS THERE. It says '0 photos'... i had them arranged and organized and now i CANT FIND THEM... WHERE HAVE THEY GONE.. !!! ??? THERE NOT IN THE TRASH? HELP
AdvertisementAs already pointed out when your library says there a zero photos in the library that's an indication that the Library6.iPhoto database file has been damaged and a new, empty one has been created. My experience and tests show that rebuilding the library in those cases will not recover your library. You'll need to start from scratch as follows:
Move the iPhoto Library folder to the desktop.,
Launch iPhoto and, when asked, create a new library.
One the new library is open drag the Originals folder from the old library folder on the desktop into the iPhoto window.
This will create a new library with the same rolls as the old ones. You'll lose your keywords, albums, etc., however.
For future protection against this sort of thing happening see the Tip at the end of my signature.
Do you Twango?
TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
G5 Dual Core 2GHz, 2G RAM, 250G HD; G4 Dual 1Ghz, 1.5G RAM, 80G HD, Mac OS X (10.4.8) QT 7.1.3, 22 LCD, 200 & 160G FW HDs, Canon S400, i850 & LIDE 50, Epson R200
- 1HT2736 Can I send an app as a gift outside United States? 10-11
- 2Web services in OBIEE 11g 10-11
- 3Server 2008 R2 (64) SP-1 Event Error 5774 Netlogon 10-11
- 4Newbie: Oracle CRM on Demand Import Problem 10-11
- 5Asset GR doc Cancel 11-30
- 6Parameterized XSLT XML file 11-30
- 7Trigger while importing from .csv file 11-30
- 8Cs6 has stopped showing images in window unless it is dragged 11-30
- Error 1305. Error reading from file10/11
- Issue in lsmw ; error in read file step10/11
- Mapping drive using GPO does not obey to Item-level targeting10/11
- Print setup configuration (variant) for app11/30
- Packages and packages11/30
- What will Meeting Workspaces look like in SharePoint 2013?11/30
- How to use $FLEX$ for DFF segment11/30
- I just tried to install the latest version and am getting an error message -- error 7 1114. Help!11/30
- Trouble with haze in photos11/30
- CPU Usage Question between Premier and Media Encoder11/30