ALL IPHOTO LIBRARY VANISHED!
AdvertisementI was sorting my pictures and wanted to add some new ones from a memory key. I tried drag and drop, but it took too much time. The little wheel for my mouse was rolling forever, my computer froze, and i had no choice to restart it. When it came on again, I went in iPhoto, and theyre were NO PHOTOS THERE. It says '0 photos'... i had them arranged and organized and now i CANT FIND THEM... WHERE HAVE THEY GONE.. !!! ??? THERE NOT IN THE TRASH? HELP
AdvertisementAs already pointed out when your library says there a zero photos in the library that's an indication that the Library6.iPhoto database file has been damaged and a new, empty one has been created. My experience and tests show that rebuilding the library in those cases will not recover your library. You'll need to start from scratch as follows:
Move the iPhoto Library folder to the desktop.,
Launch iPhoto and, when asked, create a new library.
One the new library is open drag the Originals folder from the old library folder on the desktop into the iPhoto window.
This will create a new library with the same rolls as the old ones. You'll lose your keywords, albums, etc., however.
For future protection against this sort of thing happening see the Tip at the end of my signature.
Do you Twango?
TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
G5 Dual Core 2GHz, 2G RAM, 250G HD; G4 Dual 1Ghz, 1.5G RAM, 80G HD, Mac OS X (10.4.8) QT 7.1.3, 22 LCD, 200 & 160G FW HDs, Canon S400, i850 & LIDE 50, Epson R200
- 1Hard Drive not properly showing up in Disk Utility or Finder 10-11
- 2How do I get all of my ipod apps on the same page 10-11
- 3No internet in santa fe springs, CA 90670 10-11
- 4Help Need on SOAP (Sender) to RFC Scenario(Synchronous Communication) 10-11
- 5Please help me in understanding hashcode() 11-30
- 6Does fabric package exist in new bpel version 126.96.36.199 11-30
- 7How do i make address labels 11-30
- 8Show PDF popup based on viewer's zoom value ? 11-30
- Exchange 2007 - ValidPorts key data keep reverting10/11
- How long does it take for a book in iBooks Author to be published to the iBooks store.10/11
- Originals tab details10/11
- Quirky date changes when resizing columns11/30
- XI-BW Integration using RFC adapter?/11/30
- Privilege to run loadjava11/30
- How to handle long running Processes in J2EE11/30
- All of my accounts display "Invalid account" and I can't access settings. How do I fix this?11/30
- How can I get my MPEG-2 video imported?11/30
- Not able to install iTunes 10.7 for my macbook with OS X ver 10.5.811/30