Any way to print off-center?
AdvertisementSince Aperture centers the image on the paper, not within the printer's usable print area, it won't produce a 12x18 print on 13x19 paper on my Epson 4000, because the 4000 has a minimum bottom margin of 0.556". Aperture sets that as the minimum margin on all sides and so prints only 17.88" wide. In Photoshop, I can center the 12x18 image in the printable area, which is more than 18" (19" - 0.556" bottom margin - 0.13" top margin = 18.314"), and I get a full 12x18 image printed off-center on the paper. Aperture does not seem to provide a way to do this - it insists on centering on the paper.
Anyone know of a workaround?
AdvertisementThanks for actually addressing the question. Yes, I have set Custom Layout to 12x18, but I cannot set the border to zero - it is automatically set to a minimum of 0.556" and cannot be reduced. I tried setting a custom paper size of 13x18.5 and was able to set the border to 0.25". My thinking was that this would trick the printer into printing closer to the leading edge of the paper, where the printer's margin is smaller (0.13"). Unfortunately, when I did this, the printer kept giving me "incorrect paper size" errors and refusing to print. The 4000 can print borderless only at the long edges of the paper, not at the leading and trailing edges.
I recall that my Epson 2200 had the same margin issues, but it was possible to override the printer's defaults by using a "borderless" paper setting. With the 4000, this seems not to be possible.
As for color, I am very familiar with color management. I let the app manage color, selected the Ilford profile, perceptual rendering, black point compensation, set print rez at 1440, selected the appropriate media, and turned off color management in the driver. I even tried using absolute rendering, figuring this might lock down the neutrality of the b&w, but no. CS3 still rendered skies ever so slightly cyan, where Aperture was more consistent across the tonal range.
Ultimately, I used QuadTone RIP, a lovely little $50 shareware RIP dedicated to B&W printing. Despite the name, it also works with color inks. Does a terrific job. In daylight, my Aperture/Epson driver prints look very neutral. But, under artificial light, I see a slight reddish cast in midtones. Prints made with QTR are neutral under any light and do not suffer from metamerism.
...'Case anyone's interested.
- 1Report S_ALR_87012178 - customer open item analysis by balance of overdue 10-11
- 2I got a (-1) error while updating my iphine 3gs. 10-11
- 3I lost all my bookmarks when I upgraded to 3.6.8 and Firefox was not at all helpful. How can I get my bookmarks back? 10-11
- 4Problem Converting Word 2007 Document to PDF 10-11
- 5Is it possible to get component associated with DefaultListSelectionEvent? 10-11
- 6Made payment before my auto refill, and will it be credited? made on the 7th 163.98 I believe. 11-30
- 7Cannot connect to database (10.2 XE) with old data files 11-30
- 8Is it possible to can a program (report output) from SAP Script? 11-30
- Unable to invoke Custom PostProcessEventHandler in OIM 11g R210/11
- PowerMac G5 1.8 GHz Dual (Buy April 2005) Graphics Cards?10/11
- Documents saved with grey heading won't open10/11
- 'Error Occured in the Source System' for Non SAP system10/11
- Carbon X120A7 not rebooting -hissing sound and blinking tool bar and keys10/11
- All of a sudden yahoo has taken over my search in google. How do I get rid of it?11/30
- Real time apply dataguard11/30
- I have deleted the lightroom directory. I have a copy. How do I connect it.11/30
- Unicode changes for hex values11/30
- How do I see progress of movie export11/30