"application cannot be found" when trying to open certain files
AdvertisementRecently i upgraded my computer to Mavericks recently and I've been having a problem opening certain files. In one day I upgraded to Mavericks and I also updated my Adobe programs to the Creative Cloud. Ever since then I cannot open any of my Adobe files. They are all saved as under the CS4 legacy format. I uninstalled CS4 after installing the Creative Cloud. Every time I try to open one of these files previously created in CS4, whether it is a photoshop ot illustrator file, I get the error message "The application cannot be found". I also can see no preview or thumbnails for the files. I talked to Adobe Support and we went through a process of deleting my preferences and it didn't work. I restarted my machine and it worked. It worked for a day and now after starting up my machine today it is saying the same thing again. After a while it just out of nowhere started working again. I'll be clear and say that I was logged into my adobe account and there were no network interuptions.
By the way, the new versions (Creative Cloud) of the adobe programs all work just fine and If I save something then it works fine. It is only when trying to read a file from a previous format.
AdvertisementIf you are attempting to start Adobe Creative Cloud by opening a file created by its previous version, open the Adobe Creative Cloud app first, then choose Open from its File menu and select the old file. The files you are attempting to open were associated with the version you used to create them, which is now gone.
After opening them, save them again. From then on, opening them will probably open Adobe CC directly.
- 1Starting TestStand with ExtraPuTTY installed 10-11
- 2File I/O error when exporting a report 10-11
- 3Itunes won't start up, missing folder. 10-11
- 4On Net value: Discount Condition Type 10-11
- 5I can't pass the activation on my iPhone 4 after I've updated on iOS 7 10-11
- 63d menu is grey(not clickable) 10-11
- 7Mail attachment problem with 10.8.3 10-11
- 8Emails not displaying in preview pane 10-11
- File names trashed10/11
- Converting CMYK PDF in InDesign to only hold 2 PMS / Black.10/11
- Multipart message in Webservice.10/11
- What is the best way to manage the large FinalCutProX files11/30
- Pop up installer screen11/30
- Partial conversion of Planned orders to Production orders11/30
- My iPhone 4s won't turn on. What to do?11/30
- Memory issues...what is the "Other" that is taking up so much space?11/30
- Delete pages from project11/30
- Firefox has crashed 45 times in 24 hrs.11/30