Batch change colorsync profile
AdvertisementI have moved an iPhoto library from a PowerBook to an iMac. For all photos I had the Color LCD colorsync profile embedded, which looks good in the PowerBook but washed-out in the iMac. I now embed the sRGB profile for new pictures, but I would like to batch change the old ones. Snow Leopard has an Embed script that will change the profile. Would it be safe to show contents in the iPhoto Library and drag the folders containing the old photos onto the script? Apart from Modified and Originals do I need to do this for other folders?
You could apply the new color profile to the original and modified files and iPhoto would see them when you opened iPhoto the next time. However, unless do you the same for the thumbnails the thumbnail will not display the sRGB profile while the original or modified will.
Select an event to test on. The hardest part will be finding a modified version since the subfolder in the Modified folder will often be just have the date modified as the folder name. What you can do is convert the originals and thumbnails and then do a Revert to Original for all the photos and that will get rid of the modified files that weren't converted.
NOTE: That's the only change/edit to photos you can made from the Finder to the contents of the iPhoto Library. Any other type of change/edit will mess up the library.
- 1New PC with Windows 8, can't find "eject" icon to safely disconnect 10-11
- 2I have just tried to upgrade to the latest version of itunes, and my ipad was connected to my computer at the time. The upgrade crashed part way through. I now cannot start itunes as it says MSVCR80.dll is missing. Anyone got any ideas? 10-11
- 3NO FDISK OPTION DURING SOLARIS 8 INSTALLATION 11-30
- 4ADF Data module edit major problem 11-30
- 5Adding an attachment to expenses 11-30
- 62 DataSource from a Processor 11-30
- 7Safari 4 will not be installed..... 11-30
- 8JSP - Applet Object communication. 11-30
- Mac OS 8.6 Auto network connect to a server after reboot is not working10/11
- Boot device not found. "Hard disk not exist". windows not booting10/11
- Single purchase requisition against multipile purchase requisition11/30
- What is writing to digital port11/30
- Bridge Output panel is blank in right-hand window11/30
- I all of you , any time that i use my Itune by closing i need to force all my system , do you have a solution to propose ?11/30
- OSX tiger 10.4.11 dont listing/ login OD account.....11/30
- PDF format11/30
- Exploring and Exploiting the Bridge Libraries11/30
- 10.7 problem11/30