Batch change colorsync profile
AdvertisementI have moved an iPhoto library from a PowerBook to an iMac. For all photos I had the Color LCD colorsync profile embedded, which looks good in the PowerBook but washed-out in the iMac. I now embed the sRGB profile for new pictures, but I would like to batch change the old ones. Snow Leopard has an Embed script that will change the profile. Would it be safe to show contents in the iPhoto Library and drag the folders containing the old photos onto the script? Apart from Modified and Originals do I need to do this for other folders?
You could apply the new color profile to the original and modified files and iPhoto would see them when you opened iPhoto the next time. However, unless do you the same for the thumbnails the thumbnail will not display the sRGB profile while the original or modified will.
Select an event to test on. The hardest part will be finding a modified version since the subfolder in the Modified folder will often be just have the date modified as the folder name. What you can do is convert the originals and thumbnails and then do a Revert to Original for all the photos and that will get rid of the modified files that weren't converted.
NOTE: That's the only change/edit to photos you can made from the Finder to the contents of the iPhoto Library. Any other type of change/edit will mess up the library.
- 1Failure to connect to 11G XE from Sql Developer 10-11
- 2Down loading application problem 11-30
- 3How to reinstall Photoshop Elements 12 11-30
- 4Bought Win 8 PRO upgrade, still can't use older programs! 11-30
- 5How can i activate the auto tag complete 11-30
- 6Safari lion has small window that scrolls up from the bottom of the web page 11-30
- 7[solved] two pdf-presentations - switching slides simultaneously 11-30
- 8How to Clone Primary Drive prior to, or after, adding a second drive in Ultrabay 11-30
- How to run classic apps on a Macbook10/11
- @Autowired doesn't work for sca:reference beans10/11
- TS2551 I can't get my shutterfly photos to go to iphoto10/11
- Can I see which of my skype number has been dialle...10/11
- Change center of multiple clips in one operation11/30
- Restiction of material types based on the industry sector?11/30
- FMS2 on Linux almost working!11/30
- How to get substring from string starting from the end of string11/30
- How to de-activate source system in BI system...?11/30
- Type mismatch in include RSBCTGN_UPDATE_RULES11/30