Batch Resizing within Aperture?
I shoot 400-600 images a day, thus I'm beginning to run out of hard drive space. I don't want to create a new vault of pictures on an external drive. I'm willing to reduce the overall size of my photos in order to create some space on my drive.
I'm at a loss how to batch resize groups of images in Aperture. It was an easy function in iPhoto.
I don't want to skip a step, lose sharpness, image cropping/adjustments, or mess up my project/folder/album file structure in this process.
What's the best way to do this and can it be done safely en masse? (We're talking about 120,000+ images)
You just perfectly described a Referenced-Masters workflow. It works great for 200k+ images, the Library with its Previews lives on the internal drive and is always accessible. Masters live on external drives. The Library is backed up via Vaults and originals are backed up to redundant locations using the Finder before import into Aperture.
Personally I have images managed on the internal SSD until editing is complete then convert to Referenced-Masters.
IMO referenced Masters make far more sense than building huge managed-Masters Libraries.
• Hard disk speed. Drives slow as they fill so making a drive more full (which managed Masters always does) will slow down drive operation.
• Database size. Larger databases are by definition more prone to "issues" than smaller databases are.
• Vaults. Larger Library means larger Vaults, and Vaults are an incremental repetitive backup process, so again larger Vaults are by definition more prone to "issues" than smaller Vaults are. One-time backup of Referenced Masters (each file small, unlike a huge managed-Masters DB) is neither incremental nor ongoing; which is by definition a more stable process.
Managed-Masters Libraries can work, but they cannot avoid the basic database physics.
- 1Export data from an iView to Excel, get a login screen displayed in Excel 10-11
- 2I'm having a hard time with my sound blaster z sound card to sync with cs6. Can anyone share with me 10-11
- 3Load an external gallery file into a host div via Ajax method? 10-11
- 4Mediator dynamic routing 11-30
- 5Pre purchase compatibility query 11-30
- 6HT5654 itunes download is not downloading correctly error message 11-30
- 7Bridge Preferences issue 11-30
- 8How can I get rid of sun spots on photoshop cc? 11-30
- Problems connecting 2009 macbook pro to samsung plasma tv(pn50b450b1d)10/11
- How do i create/combine my mac id with my iPhone id?10/11
- How do I filter only Volume (Controller 7) in Mainstage?10/11
- Clearing without profit center11/30
- Left shift key is stuck down11/30
- Signal and carrier problems11/30
- No longer able to stream content11/30
- In Box Mail -- Where is it?11/30
- Drag and Drop - Help Plz!11/30
- Regarding MDM Import and Syndication Server11/30