Can't see content in AirPort Disks
AdvertisementI have three LaCie drives connected to my TC via a USB hub. The drives mount OK but I can not see any contents (0 items) though the space available is correct. I suspect this is an issue with permissions but am not sure what permissions I need to change. Using AirPort Utility, under the Disks tab>File Sharing I have enabled file sharing with Secure Shared Disks set to "With Accounts".
If I select one of the drives and do a Get Info the owner is system (read and write), Group is wheel (read and write) and Others read and write. I have tried applying the permissions to enclosed items but this does not reveal the contents....
AdvertisementAs a follow up, I can copy files onto the AirPort Disks so I guess the problem is that the files on these drives are not recognised as belonging to me (I guess external drives do not normally have specific owners). I guess that I will have to connect each drive to my machine directly and change the owner to my name, will this resolve the issue?? The negative of this would be that no one else would be able to connect.
My assumption in all of this is that AirPort Disks are only useful if you start off with an empty drive.
- 1How to let the user define the colors for each plots in the graph (I use LabVIEW 7)? 10-11
- 2Indesign Windows 7 Epson 7880 - I need some help please 10-11
- 3A tab continuously pops up when I hit the back button, or type in a new url? Is there a fix for this? 10-11
- 4Document Restrictions Summary Inconsistant Between Acrobat and Reader 10-11
- 5BROADBAND OVER PPoe Internet connect keeps asking me a reminder 10-11
- 6TS1702 Some applications do not have sound on them. Any suggestions? 11-30
- 7API Oe_Debug_Pub - how to use it? 11-30
- 8Not Java..but..Ethereal packet sniffer and (*.cap) capture files????? 11-30
- Can I create member log-in and data storage with my Muse account?10/11
- HT201263 how to place your device into recovery mode without home button?10/11
- Problems with OC4J Web services and Flex SOAPEncoder11/30
- Error under "manage process"11/30
- How can I get back the Audigy mix11/30
- Passing Jbytearray to unsigned char11/30
- IPhoto does not retain slide show settings11/30
- JUnit log11/30
- HT5035 I changed me password because I forgot my security questions, before I changed it I had $10 from a iTunes card, will it still be here. Keep in mind they re-asked me for my credit card info.11/30
- Transport approvals via email11/30