Can't see content in AirPort Disks
AdvertisementI have three LaCie drives connected to my TC via a USB hub. The drives mount OK but I can not see any contents (0 items) though the space available is correct. I suspect this is an issue with permissions but am not sure what permissions I need to change. Using AirPort Utility, under the Disks tab>File Sharing I have enabled file sharing with Secure Shared Disks set to "With Accounts".
If I select one of the drives and do a Get Info the owner is system (read and write), Group is wheel (read and write) and Others read and write. I have tried applying the permissions to enclosed items but this does not reveal the contents....
AdvertisementAs a follow up, I can copy files onto the AirPort Disks so I guess the problem is that the files on these drives are not recognised as belonging to me (I guess external drives do not normally have specific owners). I guess that I will have to connect each drive to my machine directly and change the owner to my name, will this resolve the issue?? The negative of this would be that no one else would be able to connect.
My assumption in all of this is that AirPort Disks are only useful if you start off with an empty drive.
- 1Error occurred during initialization of VM 10-11
- 2PO and GR value differs 10-11
- 3How do I import an iPhoto Library (V.7.1.5) created on my old MacBook (10. 6.8) into my new Macbook pro (10.9.1) running iPhoto 9.5.1? I tried copying onto memory stick and moving to new mac, but new iPhoto doesn't recognise the library. 10-11
- 4Questions about several iPhone features.... 10-11
- 5List all parameter in a parameter list 10-11
- 6Missing Images in swf file in dreamweaver 10-11
- 7I bought an new ipad 3rd gen 16 gb wifi cellular in may 2012. I hv a unique problem wherein the screen of ipad is not as smooth as what is general experience. Its not buggy but lacks smoothness and finger doesnot glide as smoothly . Can anybody help. 10-11
- 8Agentry: SSL Error - broken pipe 12-09
- How do I solve error -50?10/11
- Fetching records in a block(db) for mass processing10/11
- Oracle 8i client with oracle 9i server11/30
- Cannot get fill-in boxes to be enabled11/30
- Adobe Advanced Search Function not woking11/30
- How to use technical names in ecatt's11/30
- Flash player 10 installation error11/30
- I keep getting updates for my itunes for 11.0.2 but it errors out.11/30
- WSDL Error : Difficult in reading one record from server11/30
- Snmp program in eclipse 3.2 WTP ...?11/30