Cannot reset Firefox.
AdvertisementWhen I start Firefox, it comes up with Yahoo, NOT with the Firefox default. If I try to reset Firefox, I get the "Well this is embarassing" response, and cannot reset. I have gone to the Control Panel and deleted Firefox, and then downloaded and re-installed FIrefox from the Mozilla Foundation site, and still the problem persists. I cannot get rid of Yahoo.
As an aside note, Chrome is working OK. When I start up Chrome, I automatically open four tabs. From time to time, Chrome opens a fourth tab ... and it is Yahoo. I can go to Settings and delete the fourth tab, and everything is OK for a while, but eventually the fifth tab pops up again, and I have to delete it again. Don't know if these are related problems, but I don't believe in coincidence.
I use WebRoot security, and have scanned my PC and removed any and all threats. As far as WebRoot is concerned, my PC is clean.
AdvertisementYou can check for recently installed suspicious or unknown extensions.
Start Firefox in <u>[[Safe Mode|Safe Mode]]</u> to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
*Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
*Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
- 1How can I tell if my AT&T ipad mini came unlocked? 10-11
- 2I'm a beginner and would like to know which Photoshop to use (so many options). The only edits I care about being able to do are: whitening teeth, smoothing complexions/taking away blemishes. Does any photoshop have these options? I haven't been able to 10-11
- 3Is there a way to make my text messages from my mack show up as my phone number instead of apple ID? 10-11
- 4When I import a folder into my library, music starts playing and I can't stop it. 10-11
- 5MFP M476DW Scan to Email setup 10-11
- 6Displaying a PDF File 'In Place' 10-11
- 7Garmin GPS map software 10-11
- 8How to find abandoned podcasts 11-30
- My iphone 5 is water damaged but its only the screen thats not working i cannot do anything except hold the home button which makes the siri noise,i put my phone in a bag of rice for like 20hrs and its still in their is there a way to fix the screen?10/11
- Error transferring datasource in R/310/11
- Hard Disk not detected10/11
- Send button not working on sms after upgrade10/11
- HT201343 Is there any software that supports AirPlay to display iMac (2009 - late) display via Apple TV? Or is this also hardware dependent?10/11
- Wi-fi problems STILL!!!!!!10/11
- Doing a Join on a Left Join on a different table.11/30
- How to get ALL command line parameters11/30
- How to Create Page Navigation : ADF Swings11/30
- Adapter as a stamby fo LACP Team11/30