Cannot reset Firefox.
AdvertisementWhen I start Firefox, it comes up with Yahoo, NOT with the Firefox default. If I try to reset Firefox, I get the "Well this is embarassing" response, and cannot reset. I have gone to the Control Panel and deleted Firefox, and then downloaded and re-installed FIrefox from the Mozilla Foundation site, and still the problem persists. I cannot get rid of Yahoo.
As an aside note, Chrome is working OK. When I start up Chrome, I automatically open four tabs. From time to time, Chrome opens a fourth tab ... and it is Yahoo. I can go to Settings and delete the fourth tab, and everything is OK for a while, but eventually the fifth tab pops up again, and I have to delete it again. Don't know if these are related problems, but I don't believe in coincidence.
I use WebRoot security, and have scanned my PC and removed any and all threats. As far as WebRoot is concerned, my PC is clean.
AdvertisementYou can check for recently installed suspicious or unknown extensions.
Start Firefox in <u>[[Safe Mode|Safe Mode]]</u> to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
*Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
*Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
- 1ITunes on XP PC won't recognize iTunes Library from Macbook or PC Laptop 10-11
- 2Trying to install a Corsair H80i on my MSI X99S SLI PLUS (2011-3) 10-11
- 3DAQMx task does not cleanup properly after execution 10-11
- 4Windows 8 ask for password - I don't want to enter it 10-11
- 5Resending the Succesful messages in XI 10-11
- 6Generate calendar from data 11-30
- 7Condition Type value -Zero 11-30
- 82 macs 2 websites one dotmac account 11-30
- Billing document should not be cancelled after creating return sales order10/11
- How can I create a file to another computer10/11
- I can't send mail on ipad 210/11
- How do i use a u.s.a itunes card while i live in canada?10/11
- Question about setting column width in SQL*Plus using info retrieved w SQL10/11
- In Pages, what do you do when converting to Word and get "unknown error occurred" How can you fix the conversion?11/30
- My iPhone is kinda crazy.11/30
- GNOME and Cinnamon won't start this morning11/30
- Unable to use compaq mini 11011/30
- JDev web resources besides OTN & JDev team blogs?11/30