Cannot reset Firefox.
AdvertisementWhen I start Firefox, it comes up with Yahoo, NOT with the Firefox default. If I try to reset Firefox, I get the "Well this is embarassing" response, and cannot reset. I have gone to the Control Panel and deleted Firefox, and then downloaded and re-installed FIrefox from the Mozilla Foundation site, and still the problem persists. I cannot get rid of Yahoo.
As an aside note, Chrome is working OK. When I start up Chrome, I automatically open four tabs. From time to time, Chrome opens a fourth tab ... and it is Yahoo. I can go to Settings and delete the fourth tab, and everything is OK for a while, but eventually the fifth tab pops up again, and I have to delete it again. Don't know if these are related problems, but I don't believe in coincidence.
I use WebRoot security, and have scanned my PC and removed any and all threats. As far as WebRoot is concerned, my PC is clean.
AdvertisementYou can check for recently installed suspicious or unknown extensions.
Start Firefox in <u>[[Safe Mode|Safe Mode]]</u> to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
*Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
*Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
- 1How do i view itunes store and my library at the same time? 10-11
- 2I have lost the toolbar that lets me erase my history of internet site visits; how do I get it back? 11-30
- 3Files become corrupt 11-30
- 4Machine type 11-30
- 5Passing instance parametres through classes 11-30
- 6Upgrade Vmware Tools always fails 11-30
- 7USB Port for iPod Not Found 11-30
- 8Problem converting horizontal to vertical 11-30
- I get error message: not enough space to download when I try to buy a tv series on Itunes. It tells me to delete photos or videos to make space, but I have no photos and videos. Help?10/11
- This is the first time this has ever happened but I plug in any device iPod, iPhone and the computer opens up a found new hardware wizard. I can't sync any of my devices and I'm not happy. Any helpers?10/11
- Lov command link does not get refreshed10/11
- When I run RSPCM gives error in PC and message error, alert, popup11/30
- MSS: Cost Center in Team Viewer11/30
- Xml forms11/30
- WSDL exception11/30
- Stored Procedures (what is it really used for?)11/30
- Mac to mac sound on my mac hardly works11/30
- Major adobe flash problem, help?11/30