Cannot reset Firefox.
AdvertisementWhen I start Firefox, it comes up with Yahoo, NOT with the Firefox default. If I try to reset Firefox, I get the "Well this is embarassing" response, and cannot reset. I have gone to the Control Panel and deleted Firefox, and then downloaded and re-installed FIrefox from the Mozilla Foundation site, and still the problem persists. I cannot get rid of Yahoo.
As an aside note, Chrome is working OK. When I start up Chrome, I automatically open four tabs. From time to time, Chrome opens a fourth tab ... and it is Yahoo. I can go to Settings and delete the fourth tab, and everything is OK for a while, but eventually the fifth tab pops up again, and I have to delete it again. Don't know if these are related problems, but I don't believe in coincidence.
I use WebRoot security, and have scanned my PC and removed any and all threats. As far as WebRoot is concerned, my PC is clean.
AdvertisementYou can check for recently installed suspicious or unknown extensions.
Start Firefox in <u>[[Safe Mode|Safe Mode]]</u> to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
*Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
*Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
- 1How to create bdc for fbs1 using both call transaction and session 10-11
- 2I have crashes constantly in my imac, can anyone help me to identify main cause? (Error report in post) 10-11
- 3Publish Comments not showing 11-30
- 4Can I publish two versions of a game app? 11-30
- 5Any idea why I can't click on the link to write a review on an album? 11-30
- 6Using sys links to customize the location of Adobe Gaming SDK 11-30
- 7MacBook Pro 10.5.8 no longer displaying on panasonic tv 11-30
- 8How do i recover a deleted bookmark list?, how do i recover a deleted bookmark list? 11-30
- Urgent help: How to remove the accumaltion when show movies step by step with buttons10/11
- How can I execute program after using F4_Filename function?10/11
- Brand new iMAC keeps hanging10/11
- I upgraded to 10.6.8 and since then can't print10/11
- Purchase order print out before release of p.o.10/11
- Need more than 8 Audio Streams - Possible solution10/11
- Just updated and the menu has been changed without asking me. How to change the color?11/30
- Changing domain name11/30
- AIR Application Installer and Only Installing Select Files11/30
- One or more tasks were running when ADE has abnormally terminated11/30