Clean Windows Install Help
AdvertisementHi, I really could use some help. My thinkvantage software got buggy and wasn't functioning, even after resotring the computer to factory clean. I erased everything, including the system partition, and started an XP install on a clean partition. I followed the instructions on the Lenovo website, but I didn't back up my IBM Tools folder. So I am stuck. I need help getting from a clean install to a working computer. I have a second computer that I am using to access the internet. Here's what I think would help:
1. A list of the drivers I should download to get my system back up. Is there a specific one that would start an entire system update?
2. Is there a location where I can download that IBM Tools folder?
I'm not sure what else I can tell you. Any help would be most appreciated.
Advertisementchez17, welcome to the forum,
Start with ThinkVantage System Update, if it misses something you can go to the Driver Site for your ThinkPad.
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
- 1I am trying to restore my apple tv through my itunes on my laptop, but i cannot get the apple tv device to connect. When i plug it into the laptop, the light begins to flash rapidly. Any suggestions? 10-11
- 2How do I fix white screen in Flash Player? 10-11
- 3Playing music through iTunes on AirPort Express 10-11
- 4Restore a database in recovery mode sql server 2005 11-30
- 5HT201210 will the iphone 3gs do the new iOS 6 update? 11-30
- 6Java sleep on startup 12minutes 11-30
- 7Getting a error -4 when trying to sync 11-30
- 8There is a message stating itunes cannot connect to itunes store.An unknown error has occured (-3212). Make sure network is connected(which it is!) and try again. What can I do. I have been trying for days to purchase music...help! Please:) 11-30
- FDMEE: Source Period Mapping in Open Interface Adaptor10/11
- How do I change just the width or the height of a brush in CS410/11
- Parallel Approval of Multiple Line Items Simultaneously in BRF - SRM11/30
- Managed System Configuraiton Issue in SolMan 7.111/30
- Can anyone explain how to read error messages such as this one?11/30
- I've had my mac for over year and in the past two weeks the Mac keeps dropping my internet connection?11/30
- I can't uninstall iTunes & upgrade11/30
- Could firefox be responsible for a Picasa 500 Internal Server Error message11/30
- Business Inkjet 2800 and Server 2008 R2 Enterprise11/30
- Send to soundtrack is grayed out11/30