Disable updating of the menu widget when working with Muse file?
AdvertisementFirst of all thank you Adobe for creating Muse - I really like it a lot!
when I work on my website with 250+ pages, it strains the performance to make even the slightest changes to the page structure. I work with two Masters each with much the same horisontal menu widget.
Adding, deleting and rearranging pages makes the PC (Windows 7 laptop of some but not awesome power) make a halt and take a deep breathe for some seconds. It really interupts the flow of working.
A crude work around for this is to removing the menu widget in the two masters and put it into a new master page, containing only the copied menu from the two other masters and keeping the rest of the header in place on the original masters to use for aligning on the pages. This way, only one page has to update when working with adding, deleting and rearranging pages.
I have tried to look for a preference to disable updating the Menu widget when working on the page structures and just enable it the update again when the work is done? does it exist? else I would recommend it strongly :-) Since my work around is a bit tricky/risky to use after publishing ;-)
Again, thanks a lot for this nice program. Being a selftought CS (now CCC) user I like the ease of control of the webdesign you can get with Muse (at the dispence of other features of course - if you ever wanted to add some sort of database-lookup feature it would be MUCH appreciated. One workaround is to use iframe and an external search/lookup page, that returns results with links back to parent pages. A bit funny construction though :-) ).
AdvertisementGlad to know you are enjoying Muse.
It can be very processor intensive if you have multiple Master pages with their own All Pages menu widget. Take a look at the following threads and refer to Zak's response.
See if you are able to use just one All Pages menu widget at your site while taking advantage of the hierarchical Master page feature.
We are aware of the performance issues caused by the Menu widget (All pages type) and is something being looked upon by the engineering in one of the upcoming releases.
- 1Windows 8 and OEM media with updates and software 10-11
- 2Help in sql loader 10-11
- 3Error Code -600 Proc Not Found 10-11
- 4All Photos disappeared once I updated iPhoto!!! 11-13
- 5How can I import images from iphoto with the albums and folders? 11-30
- 6What MS SQL Server Express version should I install? 11-30
- 7Error when creating volume on data group for acfs 11-30
- 8Not detect in itunes 11-30
- HT4718 I tried merging the empty space on my Macbook Pro Hard disk but it says that there is a problem with my disk and i need to reformat it. What should i do to keep my applications and software + files?10/11
- Hi, i am trying to download an ap and it is saying my sercity questions answers are wrong, it has now locked my apple id and wont let me use it. It is saying it is going to send the reset for the passwords to my email adress.10/11
- Help With API Integration10/11
- Something is wrong here...10/11
- I've got a 2012 Mac Book Pro that won't let me restore...11/30
- Wireless Bridge Aironet 124011/30
- Iphone 3gs wont turn on11/30
- Parameter Form in OAS and Web, Paper Report Output11/30
- Resizing an image for smartphone11/30
- Slideshows in smartalbums11/30