"Don't show this again" checkbox in prompt?
So I have a few scripts that are designed to act on the currently open document.
Some of them by nature are pretty destructive to the document because they're designed to do some crazy stuff.
So, when the user runs the script, I'm currently presenting them with a "confirm" dialog with a blurb explaining that they should make sure to save the document before running the script (so they can always return to the previous state).
Anyway, one of my co-workers was complaining about have to see this dialog every time they run the script, as well as some other alerts I use when there are errors.
So, there's basically 3 dialogs the user will see:
1. Confirm (Did you save your stuff, first?)
2. Script Parameters (ScriptUI controls to adjust the various script settings)
3. Success/Error messages
Is there a way to add a "don't show this again" checkbox to the confirm modal dialog so that it would only show the first time the script is run (per session)?
I can probably hide the Success/Error alerts by just adding a checkbox in the ScriptUI dialog, which would obviously set a variable, but in order to keep the confirm prompt from showing the next time they run the script, I would imagine I'd have to store a "cookie" type object on the users local drive? Is that possible?
AdvertisementYou don't need a cookie… A plain text file somewhere should do you… If you were to write in the Folder.temp directory it should be flushed at computer restart… ( or so I think not checked that )
- 1Why is my MBP battery is giving me only 3 hours? 10-11
- 2How to set up AEBS dual band as single network? 10-11
- 3Seagate Backup Plus Suddenly Read Only After Working Fine 10-11
- 4I have downloaded a trail version of adobe acrobat pro and when I try to use it, it says that it cannot be edited in acrobat, please use adobe livecycle designer to edit this form. I can't work out what I need to do? 10-11
- 5Final cut pro millions of colours + bit depth question 10-11
- 6Extension to Oracle SQL Developer 11-30
- 7Best Configuration for Laptop 11-30
- 8Writeback using XI 3.0 11-30
- Oracle 11g - how to disable the Static Type-Checking of XQuery Expressions10/11
- Report Query - XML data source empty10/11
- The fancybox images on the Recent Images section of the site are loading very slowly. This just started happening with Mozilla 8. Is there a fix?10/11
- Want new tabs to open with my home page11/30
- Project Cycle Time report11/30
- Spry Effects Question11/30
- How to user oracle intermedia and plpdf to display image11/30
- Font fail11/30
- Install Disc? Dreamweaver 311/30
- Hibernate on Linux using WLS8.111/30