"Don't show this again" checkbox in prompt?
So I have a few scripts that are designed to act on the currently open document.
Some of them by nature are pretty destructive to the document because they're designed to do some crazy stuff.
So, when the user runs the script, I'm currently presenting them with a "confirm" dialog with a blurb explaining that they should make sure to save the document before running the script (so they can always return to the previous state).
Anyway, one of my co-workers was complaining about have to see this dialog every time they run the script, as well as some other alerts I use when there are errors.
So, there's basically 3 dialogs the user will see:
1. Confirm (Did you save your stuff, first?)
2. Script Parameters (ScriptUI controls to adjust the various script settings)
3. Success/Error messages
Is there a way to add a "don't show this again" checkbox to the confirm modal dialog so that it would only show the first time the script is run (per session)?
I can probably hide the Success/Error alerts by just adding a checkbox in the ScriptUI dialog, which would obviously set a variable, but in order to keep the confirm prompt from showing the next time they run the script, I would imagine I'd have to store a "cookie" type object on the users local drive? Is that possible?
AdvertisementYou don't need a cookie… A plain text file somewhere should do you… If you were to write in the Folder.temp directory it should be flushed at computer restart… ( or so I think not checked that )
- 1IPhoto issues after 10.5 install, thumbnails but no image files 10-11
- 2Stage.addchild 10-11
- 3Would you get a macbook air today? 10-11
- 4When I turn my iPad the screen doesn't turn? 10-11
- 5Same exact update runs fine in one db but causes ORA-00904 in another 10-11
- 6Setting "Advanced security settings" on an OU using Powershell 11-30
- 7Inspection lot not created 11-30
- 8Stoping recovery process....ORA-01110 11-30
- HT4437 My Apple Tv will only mirror the sound from a movie I mirrored from my computer, but not the picture.How do I fix that?10/11
- How to capture the data from a JSP form10/11
- How to restore, reinstall to WIN 7 vers. USB 3.0 Host Controller after driver upgrade to Win 810/11
- DVD stuck in disc drive10/11
- Cannot recognise hard drive11/30
- IPad Contacts corrupted - how replace?11/30
- Help everyone..anyone! My ipod is frozen and my computer does not detect.11/30
- Precise response needed11/30
- ST03N does not current day statistics11/30
- Bridge - Kontaktabzug in InDesign11/30