"Don't show this again" checkbox in prompt?
So I have a few scripts that are designed to act on the currently open document.
Some of them by nature are pretty destructive to the document because they're designed to do some crazy stuff.
So, when the user runs the script, I'm currently presenting them with a "confirm" dialog with a blurb explaining that they should make sure to save the document before running the script (so they can always return to the previous state).
Anyway, one of my co-workers was complaining about have to see this dialog every time they run the script, as well as some other alerts I use when there are errors.
So, there's basically 3 dialogs the user will see:
1. Confirm (Did you save your stuff, first?)
2. Script Parameters (ScriptUI controls to adjust the various script settings)
3. Success/Error messages
Is there a way to add a "don't show this again" checkbox to the confirm modal dialog so that it would only show the first time the script is run (per session)?
I can probably hide the Success/Error alerts by just adding a checkbox in the ScriptUI dialog, which would obviously set a variable, but in order to keep the confirm prompt from showing the next time they run the script, I would imagine I'd have to store a "cookie" type object on the users local drive? Is that possible?
AdvertisementYou don't need a cookie… A plain text file somewhere should do you… If you were to write in the Folder.temp directory it should be flushed at computer restart… ( or so I think not checked that )
- 1JSF Navigation issue with Webcenter OC4J and Open Portal JSF Bridge 10-11
- 2How to change the tab order in adf forms. 10-11
- 3Binary file is greyed out in Write Measuremen​t File express VI. 10-11
- 4SharePoint Hosted App - PDF conversion 10-11
- 5I have a problem with my I phone usually have cannot hear clearly the person calling me,what should i do about it? 10-11
- 6Bulk Metadata Export Not Working! 10-11
- 7Write_list 11-30
- 8Labels on XY charts? 11-30
- My Time Capsule says it is full. It has duplicate info. I need to empty it and reload. I just switched to the new OS (ML) and cannot find how to do it in Airport Utilities. Help!10/11
- How do I turn off my pop-up blocker I can't find the tools icon10/11
- 0REVERSEDOC, 0VERSION, 0INFO_REC and 0INFO_TYPE10/11
- Problem with iPhoto 9.3.2: Any assistance or how to re-install?10/11
- Errors occured during installation of itunes 11.110/11
- Oracle BPM Workspace and IE 11 Compatibility issues10/11
- Upgraded to FCPX 10.2 - Program hanging10/11
- HT3574 Iphone 4 to ipad mini wireless via personal hotsopt11/30
- Creedit check on number of days11/30
- Drag problem on Microsoft Surface 111/30