Enhancment Requests to Nokia for future E90 firmwa...
Advertisement1. Activate Camera via camera button
2. Able to selective turn on / off vibration for different alerts (eg on for voice call but off for emails)
3. Option of no camera sound (at least for Asia Pacific countries)
4. Charging via USB (or is this a hardware limitation)
5. Auto pull details from contact when name is keyed at the TO field of a new message (instead of having to click option > contact > ... )
6. Option of auto unlock keypad when plugged into USB. Since we will be chossing PC Sync or Data Transfer.
OT a bit - to add Blackberry Browser for Blackberry Connect. PLEASE !!!
what would you do if you weren't afraid?
THE FOLLOWING IS THE UPDATED SOFTWARE & HARDWARE ISSUES LIST:
1. Missing fax
2. Missing keyboard shortcuts (most of them)
3. No scheduled SMS
4. Only basic computer
5. Browser cannot "Open a link in a new window"
6. Browser has no "Save picture as" function. Images can be saved only working through several menus.
7. Messaging cannot open several messages in the same time
8. E-mail does not display "To:", "Date:" and sender E-mail address (they can be found only in Message details)
9. SMS does not show "Date:" and "Time" (they can be found only in Message details)
10. Phone does not show the number of the caller, nor the number of the person I'm calling (only the name)
11. No advanced search function for Contacts (search is available only for names, but not for company name, function, address, phone number, etc)
12. No options on "Back-up to memory card" function (cannot choose what to back-up)
13. Calendar does not show the "Number of years" for anniversaries
14. Strange multitasking (opening a document from File Manager will block File Manager until the document is closed, Messaging is unable to open more than one message at a time)
15. Mail / calendar software does not support .ics attachments
16. Problems with roaming in Russia
17. Tab key adds 5 spaces instead of moving the cursor to the next field
18. No buffer for the keys pressed in advance
19. Voice recorder can only record 60 seconds (instead of 60 minutes on 9300i)
20. Internet browser does not allow selecting text in the web page (and further copy it to be used somewhere else) If you want to use a contact phone number form a web page, you have to write it down.
21. The auto-caps might be good for typing on the numeric keypad, but completely inadequate for the QWERTY keyboard. There is not way to turn it off.
22. Pressing a letter on 9300i would move the cursor to the first mailbox / folder / file etc. beginning with that letter (in Messaging or File Manager) This feature is not available on E90. The only choice left is to use the arrows until the desired mailbox / folder / file is reached. This could be a sub-chapter on the "missing shortcuts" issue.
23. "Notes" are not synchronized with Outlook.
24. No "undo" function (Ctrl+Z) - maybe part of the "missing shortcuts" chapter, even though the whole system of tracking changes seems to be missing.
25. When a call is initiated (and this might take several seconds, especially when the network is not answering), the phone is unable to perform any other tasks. It is "locked" and not responding to any button. Once the other phone begins to ring, the phone "unlocks".
26. When the phone is locked (with security code), it does not show if there are any missing calls (icons). You have to unlock the phone from time to time to see if you have missed any calls.
27. When a call is made and the caller rejects the call (number busy) you get a call disconnected message, hear the busy tone and the phone gets stuck in this mode for between 30~45 seconds. Can't do anything while this is happening.
28. When an application (Messaging, Web) is asking for the access point for connecting to Internet, the phone is unable to perform any other task. You either select an access point from the list or hit Cancel, otherwise you are stuck there.
29. Pictures received as E-mail attachments can only be saved to Gallery (either phone or memory cad), but not to a desired folder. If you want to put the pictures in some other folder, you have to use File Manager afterwards and move them from Gallery to the desired folder.
30. Messaging cannot display HTML messages, only the text in them. If you want to see an E-mail the way the sender wanted you to, you have to open the Attachment.html in web browser.
31. When you make a VoIP call, and then disconnect, the phone or the software does not realize the call is terminated and you remain connected to the VoIP server
32. No cut and paste of txt in SMS function unless its in forwarding mode.
33. phone practically freezes (wont do anything) when its in the process of sending or receiving a SMS. i.e. cant go to contacts while phone is sending SMS to many front UI also sluggish when phone os precessing something. even if its in the same function. i.e. composing new SMS while phone is sending to many.
34. Problems with SMS. Not easy to get details DATE/TIME, ...
35. When receiving SMS with date or any number in it, it highlight these string, text becoming simply unreadable.
36. Font Size Management.
37). Improve the speaker phone quality when the cover is open.
38). Support for Animated Themes like in Sony Ericsson phones.
39). Activate Camera via camera button
40). Able to selective turn on / off vibration for different alerts (eg on for voice call but off for emails)
41). Option of no camera sound (at least for Asia Pacific countries)
42). Charging via USB (or is this a hardware limitation)
43). Auto pull details from contact when name is keyed at the TO field of a new message (instead of having to click option > contact > ... )
44). Option of auto unlock keypad when plugged into USB. Since we will be choosing PC Sync or Data Transfer.
45). Journal hsitory limited to 30 days max
46). "Alarm" daily and "remind" use the same melody ! Not possible to assign one specific for "Alarm" and another for "reminders"
47). Not easy to unlock the phone with oe hand. Keys to unlock are not easy to find and time between pres is too short
48). Not easy to open the E90. There is no grip to make opening more easy.
49). Remind and/or alarm repeat every 5 minutes during 30 min max. This is NOT parametrable.
50). Looking for music, or photos takes a looong time before displaying the file list.
51). Bar code reader able to read stupid standard barcode (like magazine, book IDSN, ...
1. Stiff keyboard.
2. Keyboard is touching the screen, scratching and getting it dirty.
3. Extremely slow GPS.
4. Camera button hard to operate.
5. Pictures taken have a blue tint, especially in low light.
6. Fax modem
Request ANYONE who knows the E90 firmware development team to kindly address this list at the earliest please!
- 1Disable Delete Button for infotype 2001 subtype 0025 10-11
- 2Default condition types displayed 10-11
- 3Automatic updation of amount of wage type in infotype 0008 for all live emp 10-11
- 4How to lock playhead and scroll film strip, standard on adobe? 10-11
- 5Problem with address bar 10-11
- 6I need to establish admin user on my imac it was changed to standard 11-30
- 7Importing OIM AD connector config XML files 11-30
- 8Sync iphone 4 with work calendar 11-30
- HT1430 How can you restart your iphone if your lock button does not work?10/11
- Directory Structure in 9.0.210/11
- Linking one captivate to another11/30
- Why is Address Book so slow under Lion?11/30
- Adrelink is exiting with status 111/30
- How do I utilise 'snippets' of code that I've found on jsfiddle11/30
- Material Assginment (in Master Recipe)11/30
- JApplet Reloading Problem11/30
- Putting the license key in the installer w/ wix and RDC11/30
- Affichage d'une image traité par matlab sur labview11/30