Firefox Crashing/Freezing Constantly and Resetting to Defaults
AdvertisementFor the past few weeks, I have been having a lot of issues with Firefox crashing. Every time I try to open up a new tab or load a web page it will freeze. Sometimes this is only for a few minutes, while other times this lasts up to an hour and I have no choice but to close the program out using the task manager, as any attempts to close it normally fail. This is most prevalent within the first few minutes after I launch Firefox, and the program has been slow in this regard for quite a while, though usable after waiting a few minutes for it to fully load. As I stated though, for the past few weeks it has been completely locking up and crashing when this happens, and it continues to happen after I have already loaded web pages and try to open new ones.
I tried a complete fresh install, and the problem was fixed for a few days, however, after going for a couple of days without internet access and trying to get online again, the problem returned even worse than before. More than that, now from time to time my Firefox completely resets to default settings, clearing out my "New Tab" page's pinned tabs, as well as removing whichever theme I had applied.
This glitch has rapidly made Firefox unusable for me, which makes me very upset as I far prefer it to Google Chrome. While I don't know that it would help discern the issue, below is also a list of all the extensions I have installed as well as the plugins I have that are always active, (with all my other plugins either being disabled or "ask to activate"). With the exception of "Adblock Edge", I have had all the extensions installed for several months with no issues. "Adblock Edge" itself I only installed after uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox to try and fix my issue. My current Firefox version is 35.
Adblock Edge 2.1.7
Private Tab 0.1.7.3
Adblock Plus 2.6.7
Shockwave Flash 188.8.131.526
Unity Player 184.108.40.206269
AdvertisementDo a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
*Microsoft Safety Scanner:<br>http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
*Spybot Search & Destroy:<br>http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
*Kasperky Free Security Scan:<br>http://www.kaspersky.com/security-scan
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
*Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:<br>http://support.kaspersky.com/5350?el=88446
*"Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
- 1How do i run this peice of code with out executing the PROC 10-11
- 2Details of PO's sent by FAX to vendor 10-11
- 3How to assign value from insert statement to variable from a trigger 11-30
- 4How to use Query Builder in Oracle10g 11-30
- 5Xerox DocuCentre-II C3000 Not Printing from 10.6 11-30
- 6Convert BUDAT value (like 01/01/2006) to a YYYYMM (200601) NUMC 6 value? 11-30
- 7Composite deployment to web logic server 11-30
- 8[File Upload] Multiple Destination ?? 11-30
- Search have no access to files in control panel10/11
- How to fetch records from the database into a combo box?10/11
- Itunes won't open, music gone after installing ipod/itunes software again10/11
- PI 7.1 Benchmark results10/11
- Deployment hung11/30
- Something Strange happen with my FreeHand - see if you know why?11/30
- Any Advice on Indesign CS4?11/30
- Problem with IOS 4.3.3 in Touch. No WIFI and Bluetooth detected.11/30
- Z30 sometimes doesn't charge, charging indicator behaving erratically11/30
- Disable 'Show Details' and 'Additional Actions' on performance point charts11/30