Firefox Crashing/Freezing Constantly and Resetting to Defaults
AdvertisementFor the past few weeks, I have been having a lot of issues with Firefox crashing. Every time I try to open up a new tab or load a web page it will freeze. Sometimes this is only for a few minutes, while other times this lasts up to an hour and I have no choice but to close the program out using the task manager, as any attempts to close it normally fail. This is most prevalent within the first few minutes after I launch Firefox, and the program has been slow in this regard for quite a while, though usable after waiting a few minutes for it to fully load. As I stated though, for the past few weeks it has been completely locking up and crashing when this happens, and it continues to happen after I have already loaded web pages and try to open new ones.
I tried a complete fresh install, and the problem was fixed for a few days, however, after going for a couple of days without internet access and trying to get online again, the problem returned even worse than before. More than that, now from time to time my Firefox completely resets to default settings, clearing out my "New Tab" page's pinned tabs, as well as removing whichever theme I had applied.
This glitch has rapidly made Firefox unusable for me, which makes me very upset as I far prefer it to Google Chrome. While I don't know that it would help discern the issue, below is also a list of all the extensions I have installed as well as the plugins I have that are always active, (with all my other plugins either being disabled or "ask to activate"). With the exception of "Adblock Edge", I have had all the extensions installed for several months with no issues. "Adblock Edge" itself I only installed after uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox to try and fix my issue. My current Firefox version is 35.
Adblock Edge 2.1.7
Private Tab 0.1.7.3
Adblock Plus 2.6.7
Shockwave Flash 18.104.22.1686
Unity Player 22.214.171.124269
AdvertisementDo a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
*Microsoft Safety Scanner:<br>http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
*Spybot Search & Destroy:<br>http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
*Kasperky Free Security Scan:<br>http://www.kaspersky.com/security-scan
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
*Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:<br>http://support.kaspersky.com/5350?el=88446
*"Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
- 1No boot info on ASA 5505 10-11
- 2Couldn't open "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.pkg". Mac 10.5.8 10-11
- 3Problems with Acrobat 8 and distiller 8 when printing PDF. 10-11
- 4Dreamweaver mx 2004 reinstall lost data ? 10-11
- 5IOS 8.02 problems 11-11
- 6Stopping and Playing some movie clips? 11-30
- 7Why no Extensions folder or files? 11-30
- 8Can not open drop box on web sight 11-30
- Creative Zen Style M300. My story.10/11
- Restoring iTunes from Time Machine10/11
- Itunes on multiple computers and icloud10/11
- Problems after reformatting10/11
- Smart Dialing10/11
- Which is better white iPhone5 or black iPhone5?10/11
- Did my hard drive disappear?11/30
- LV file corrupt? I try to load, it asks to find the file I just tried to load11/30
- Include movies from playlists are all empty on my iPhone. Where did they go?11/30