Guided Simulations and roll-overs
I'm in need of some help.
I'm a follower of the Tell me, Show me , Help me ,Let me learning flow.
I'm creating some trainig for a browser presented software product.
I've already created
1) a nicely interactive explanation of the process that they will follow (The Tell me)
2) a step by step demonstration that explains what is being done.
What I'm now trying to create is the 'Help me' portion where I'll be looking for the learner to do the right thing with the mouse and keyboard.
My dificulty is that much of the information that the product provides is by way of mouse over pop-ups.
I can recreate these easily with either Rollover images or rollover slidelets but I'm not clear how to make the module pause and continue when I want it to.
The flow I'm trying to get them to follow is
Hover over portion 1 on the scree to view the popup that comes from there.
Based on the content there, go to another portion of the screen and check the information there.
Click on a third portion of the screen.
Check some displayed information
Based on the content there go to another postion of the screen where a checkbox appears on mouse over.
Select the check-box.
.... and so on.
Think you'll need good planning and probably some advanced actions. The easiest way will certainly be to have the content distributed over different slides. But some of the actions you describe (like rollover) will not be able to trigger an action to Jump to the next slide, unless you use a Rollover Slidelet because that object has two possible events that can trigger an action: On Rollover, On Click.
If everything is really in an imposed sequence, putting the objects on the timeline in sequence could already solve part of your goal. And to avoid the playhead continuing when clicking on an interactive object like a click box, you can replace the simple action by a standard advanced action:
For the 'Based on the content there go....' you'll need branching to another slide; I would not recommend doing that on the same slide at all.
These are only some ideas, because your question is both very complicated and vague
- 1Photos do not show up when I click on them 10-11
- 2Firefox won't close down all the way after watching a video. I exit out, and the sound continues. When I try to re-open firefox, I get a message about how I have to restart my computer. How do I fix this? 10-11
- 3[SOLVED] Installing VLC from Extras doesn't work. 10-11
- 4TS4268 I need help getting my face time and imessage to work. 10-11
- 5I have a 2007 Mac Book Pro. I drained the battery... 11-30
- 6Issue with MS-8348 11-30
- 7Save Picture of Selected area as a file 11-30
- 8What happened to my Synching Notes 11-30
- Help! How to share iPhoto pictures between users on same computer10/11
- Connecting to an external hard drive connected to airport extreme via usb10/11
- How to get Skype working?10/11
- JRE 1.3.1 Bug May Screw Up Your Executable JAR File10/11
- Spry validation and CFFORM10/11
- Restoring MacBook Pro WITHOUT System Restore CD?10/11
- RSS feeds won't post numbers anymore11/30
- Language Resource Files11/30
- Polish language on11/30
- Ojsp.jar - Cannot find file11/30