Guided Simulations and roll-overs
I'm in need of some help.
I'm a follower of the Tell me, Show me , Help me ,Let me learning flow.
I'm creating some trainig for a browser presented software product.
I've already created
1) a nicely interactive explanation of the process that they will follow (The Tell me)
2) a step by step demonstration that explains what is being done.
What I'm now trying to create is the 'Help me' portion where I'll be looking for the learner to do the right thing with the mouse and keyboard.
My dificulty is that much of the information that the product provides is by way of mouse over pop-ups.
I can recreate these easily with either Rollover images or rollover slidelets but I'm not clear how to make the module pause and continue when I want it to.
The flow I'm trying to get them to follow is
Hover over portion 1 on the scree to view the popup that comes from there.
Based on the content there, go to another portion of the screen and check the information there.
Click on a third portion of the screen.
Check some displayed information
Based on the content there go to another postion of the screen where a checkbox appears on mouse over.
Select the check-box.
.... and so on.
Think you'll need good planning and probably some advanced actions. The easiest way will certainly be to have the content distributed over different slides. But some of the actions you describe (like rollover) will not be able to trigger an action to Jump to the next slide, unless you use a Rollover Slidelet because that object has two possible events that can trigger an action: On Rollover, On Click.
If everything is really in an imposed sequence, putting the objects on the timeline in sequence could already solve part of your goal. And to avoid the playhead continuing when clicking on an interactive object like a click box, you can replace the simple action by a standard advanced action:
For the 'Based on the content there go....' you'll need branching to another slide; I would not recommend doing that on the same slide at all.
These are only some ideas, because your question is both very complicated and vague
- 1Cannot print a PDF file after upgrading to Windows 8.1 10-11
- 2Why does the menu get cut off even if the project is widesrcreen? 10-11
- 3HT201180 What type of Fire Wire cable to use to connect MacBook Pro 2009 to tape-based Sony TRV720 camcorder 10-11
- 4Settlement in PPPI 11-30
- 5Opening old documents 11-30
- 6How are UI Elements Stored Within a View Controller 11-30
- 7Gray logo after upgrading from Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to mavericks 11-30
- 8Session errors 11-30
- I hope I am one of the masses - want to sync Googl...10/11
- Adding Report Viewer Webpart through console app Throws UpdatePanel Error11/30
- I want run multiple report in d2k report 6i11/30
- Error in Infopackage11/30
- AT NEW Satement11/30
- How to remove saved passward for any website?11/30
- Unable to open files from Finder11/30
- Pivot Drill To Menu Missing11/30
- After Effects Rendering Random Black Frames11/30
- HP Deskjet 5940, Properties, "give print sample'' doesn't work right.11/30