How do I get past the request to turn off Itunes.
Sorry if this question has already been answered. I tried to find some help on the forum but the question may have been asked a different way and I couldn't find it.
So my problem, I have downloaded xcode_3.2.6_and_ios_sdk_4.3.dmg and it is sitting in my downloads folder.
I have a Mac Mini with Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
According to all messages, everything should be fine for me to install.
So I click on the .dmg file and it churns away for a while showing various progress messages. All goes well until it has about 2 minutes to go. Then a popup appears that says I must shut down ITunes before the install can finish. Well, I don't have ITunes running.
I have checked everything I can to make sure there is nothing connected that may somehow be accessing ITunes. I have even re-booted the computer and done nothing but run the install. It still stops at 2 minutes and says I have to shut down ITunes.
The only way I have been able to get out of the popup is to force a shutdown using the Apple icon on the top left of my computer screen.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get xcode to install?
AdvertisementYou must close:
- Application Loader
...and...run Activity Monitor, locate and kill 'iTunes Helper', then try installing again.
- 1Looking for a todo app that puts new todos at the top of the list 10-11
- 2Itunes will not open even after I reinstalled Quick time!!! Help! 10-11
- 3Help team! I need to find a way to copy the information on a website database to an Excel spreadsheet. It's probably really simple for some of you! 10-11
- 4Wifi Problem - can't get iPod Touch to connect to Internet 10-11
- 5Hyperlink to open a drop-down hotspot 10-11
- 6IOS 7 Issues | Flash Professional update for Air 3.6? 11-30
- 72010 17" MacBook Pro external speaker hum 11-30
- 8OSX 10.8 - Finder Quitting in a Constant Loop 11-30
- Using arrow keys to view one thumbnail at a time in the Faces corkboard.10/11
- Javax.naming.NameNotFoundException using Spring with EJB3 and Weblogic 1010/11
- Max No. of connections (Theoretical 50 Users) Or Hidden SSID10/11
- Just installed Acrobat, now Firefox won't open PDFs10/11
- Extract int from a string10/11
- Startup problems and no restore DVD11/30
- PS Elements 5.0 won't open11/30
- Widget Fade Out Effect11/30
- How do I import a localized variable library?11/30
- Itunes freezes when I try to use Apple TV211/30