How do I get past the request to turn off Itunes.
Sorry if this question has already been answered. I tried to find some help on the forum but the question may have been asked a different way and I couldn't find it.
So my problem, I have downloaded xcode_3.2.6_and_ios_sdk_4.3.dmg and it is sitting in my downloads folder.
I have a Mac Mini with Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
According to all messages, everything should be fine for me to install.
So I click on the .dmg file and it churns away for a while showing various progress messages. All goes well until it has about 2 minutes to go. Then a popup appears that says I must shut down ITunes before the install can finish. Well, I don't have ITunes running.
I have checked everything I can to make sure there is nothing connected that may somehow be accessing ITunes. I have even re-booted the computer and done nothing but run the install. It still stops at 2 minutes and says I have to shut down ITunes.
The only way I have been able to get out of the popup is to force a shutdown using the Apple icon on the top left of my computer screen.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get xcode to install?
AdvertisementYou must close:
- Application Loader
...and...run Activity Monitor, locate and kill 'iTunes Helper', then try installing again.
- 1Accessing results of MSSQL XML query 11-30
- 2Sock transport 11-30
- 3COGS details 11-30
- 4Handling unit detail report against reservation Number (MB21) 11-30
- 5I want to delete a pin in Maps 11-30
- 6Adobe Ideas compatibility with Illustrator on a pc? Or only on a Mac? 11-30
- 7Replace new line from xml string 11-30
- 8What is the best font to be used in graphs and tables? 11-30
- Loops won't download10/11
- Printing an Event list for a calendar10/11
- Calling java web service from another webservice app10/11
- ITunes Match no longer working10/11
- Report for editing the word document with xml tags10/11
- Freehand MX and Photoshop CS5 duotone11/30
- Print Driver Problem11/30
- XML to CSV using AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean in AF11/30
- Error with configuring workflow manager11/30
- URL in Vendor data11/30