Current position: Home > Default > How do I prevent Firefox from locking up when I click on "Save As" under the "File" menu (resetting Firefox didn't solve the problem)?
How do I prevent Firefox from locking up when I click on "Save As" under the "File" menu (resetting Firefox didn't solve the problem)?
AdvertisementI'm running Windows Vista Home Premium OS on Dell XPS 420 system. Firefox locks up each time I click on "Save As" under the "File" menu. Resetting Firefox did NOT solve the problem. If, instead of using Firefox, I log on to a website using Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer, the "Save As" feature works fine, as it should. I would occasionally like to save a web page, using "Save As" while using Firefox, instead of copying the page to a Word Document, and then saving it.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.
Note: ''This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.''
To Reset Firefox do the following:
#Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
#Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
#Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
#Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the [[Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems]] article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
- 1IPod touch g4 iOS 6.1.3 not recognizing external gps devices. 10-11
- 2How to connect ODSM to OVD? 10-11
- 3IMPORT IDOC from r/3 to xi 11-30
- 4EDT custom exception handler 11-30
- 5Automatic redirect to external page 11-30
- 6Iphoto unexpectedly qyuits. This began after dragging photo's into iphoto from scanner 11-30
- 7Does the Mac Pro have flash player installed? 11-30
- 8Samples template for oracle 10g reports 11-30
- Report Launch Form Error10/11
- Can't share files with Macbook Air L 10.5.2 with windows XP10/11
- On a shared PC, Firefox will not open in both accounts10/11
- How do you make stacks?10/11
- Loading the different result sets in the same sequence for the target table10/11
- Time Machine breaks thumbnails?11/20
- BADI or User-Exit for Adding New Input Field in 0VTC11/30
- Submit timeout11/30
- Parallels and Bootcamp Thread11/30
- Print much darker than displayed photo11/30