Current position: Home > Default > How do I prevent Firefox from locking up when I click on "Save As" under the "File" menu (resetting Firefox didn't solve the problem)?
How do I prevent Firefox from locking up when I click on "Save As" under the "File" menu (resetting Firefox didn't solve the problem)?
AdvertisementI'm running Windows Vista Home Premium OS on Dell XPS 420 system. Firefox locks up each time I click on "Save As" under the "File" menu. Resetting Firefox did NOT solve the problem. If, instead of using Firefox, I log on to a website using Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer, the "Save As" feature works fine, as it should. I would occasionally like to save a web page, using "Save As" while using Firefox, instead of copying the page to a Word Document, and then saving it.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.
Note: ''This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.''
To Reset Firefox do the following:
#Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
#Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
#Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
#Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the [[Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems]] article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
- 1WPC: unable to add different resources with the same name into a WPC page 10-11
- 2ITunes 7.1 has changed how my music files are organised - why? 10-11
- 3Why is the CPU usage different ? I used LOAD_BALANCE option. 10-11
- 4Magic Mouse User Feedback/Suggestion Box 10-11
- 5Uninstall Leopard from new Mac Pro 11-30
- 6Vcore question! (Is it a bug ?( ) 11-30
- 7Identify the job name of a particular process 11-30
- 8Macbook pro c2d windows xp freeze 11-30
- The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. Error while connecting to exchange through Outlook 201010/11
- Yoga 13 WiFi and bluetooth issue resolved10/11
- Query Tuning Assistance - part 110/11
- Why did all my files suddenly become UNIX Executable Files?11/30
- Restore to new, is there a way to get contacts only back11/30
- Withholding Tax Numbering11/30
- Resizing a document when making a pdf11/30
- HT4889 I need to migrate from a mac pro os 10.6.8 to OS lion imac. I will be using a firewire. I see articles for os 10.4 to lion but not 10.6.8 to lion - anyone have the steps?11/30
- When-validate-item at form level do not fire11/30
- Syslinux "Missing OS" after expanding to the left the /boot11/30