Current position: Home > Default > How do I prevent Firefox from locking up when I click on "Save As" under the "File" menu (resetting Firefox didn't solve the problem)?
How do I prevent Firefox from locking up when I click on "Save As" under the "File" menu (resetting Firefox didn't solve the problem)?
AdvertisementI'm running Windows Vista Home Premium OS on Dell XPS 420 system. Firefox locks up each time I click on "Save As" under the "File" menu. Resetting Firefox did NOT solve the problem. If, instead of using Firefox, I log on to a website using Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer, the "Save As" feature works fine, as it should. I would occasionally like to save a web page, using "Save As" while using Firefox, instead of copying the page to a Word Document, and then saving it.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.
Note: ''This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.''
To Reset Firefox do the following:
#Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
#Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
#Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
#Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the [[Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems]] article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
- 1Why SUM is not working in SSRS 10-11
- 2How can I connect my 2009 Mac Mini to a TV that only has the Component inputs available? My Mac Mini has a Mini DisplayPort and Mini-DVI port. Thanks. 10-11
- 3New ADDT bug in IE7 10-11
- 4I have set up a Time Warner email account in Mac Mail but can't send email because the Road Runner SMPT server is "offline." How can this be resolved? ecause the Road Runner SMPT server is offline. How can I resolve this problem? 10-11
- 5Installing the new camera raw plugin for pse6 HELP!!! 10-11
- 6I'm gettin a syntax 11-30
- 7Brconnect error BR0301E SQL error -1017 11-30
- 8Unable to call CreateJavaVM through .so file 11-30
- If you can solve my problem i will mail you $1010/11
- Flash Player not working in Windows 8.1 (Internet Explorer 11)10/11
- Optional Arguments/Cursors in DML Programs10/11
- TV Show Problem10/11
- Download iOs 5 to 100% went wrong10/11
- I can't sign in to my igoogle home page anymore11/30
- I am running 10.6.8 on my MacBook Pro 5.3. I want to upgrade to Maverick but am concerned that I will loose all contacts in my AddressBook. What can I do to save them?11/30
- Cant hear the voice.11/30
- Composing or replying letter space problem in mail11/30
- How to maintain User Images in Portal11/30