Current position: Home > Default > How to reset firefox profile if it crashes on start (also safe mode)
How to reset firefox profile if it crashes on start (also safe mode)
I need to know how to make Firefox do a profile reset when it crashes on start even in safe mode. It starts fine with a new profile.
I had this before today, and then after the 3rd crash report send, a popup offered me a solution to reset my profile while retaining the most important settings. I tried that option and it worked. But I could no longer sync my password with the new sync because of a master password set. I find this a show stopper, so I did a profile restore (mozbackup), I wish I didn't have.
I now have the same problem again with Firefox crashing, but it no longer offers the popup with a solution by trying safe mode (i did manually doesn't work) or resettting the profile.
I need to know a command line switch the make Firefox reset the profile while retaining the important data or how to force it show the pop-up.
Thanks a lot, I'm really pulling my hair out over this and need my Firefox experience back!
AdvertisementNote that a profile created via a reset still can carry over issues because some data is recovered automatically.
If you use the Profile Manager then you get a completely clean profile and if that works then you can copy files yourself to the new profile or possibly try to identify what is wrong and repair your previous profile.
You only see button to Reset Firefox on the "Help > Troubleshooting Information" page and in the Safe Mode startup window if you use the profile that is marked as Default=1 in the profiles.ini file (Profile Manager).
If you do not have the "Reset" button then either use the Profile Manager to create a new profile or use the Profile Manager to start with the current default profile to get the Reset button in Firefox.
- 1Changing country of itunes account 10-11
- 2HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer J610a is printing blank pages 10-11
- 3R U PEOPLE REALLY SATISFIED WITH VIDEO QUALITY OF ... 11-29
- 4Command (⌘) 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 0 do not function 11-30
- 5LEFT(MVKE~PRODH,5) IN SELECT STATEMENT 11-30
- 6Preload img 11-30
- 7Travel Management Per Diems 11-30
- 8HT1338 using the Optional Installs package on your Mac OS X install disc, 11-30
- I rented a movie from Itunes but its has stopped playing at 22.33mins10/11
- I have been adding data to my prepaid phone but Verizon is telling me it is unable to process. Why not? I have a list of add ons but I don't have them on my phone. Now I can't use my phone because they won't add to my phone. What do I need to do?10/11
- My iMac will not play certain DVDs after upgrading to OS X Mavericks10/11
- FCE & FCP compatibility with OMF files and Pro Tools11/30
- Report Writer (GR55 Txn) reports via Web Dynpro11/30
- -50 error when downloading song11/30
- Moving files error code -130911/30
- Where can I download OS X Mavericks 10.9.0?11/30
- CRM Complaint replication to PM11/30
- Why is XJC not generating any JAXB implementation files?11/30