How to uninstall a No-Ip2 when i installed it via source?
AdvertisementSo i installed No-Ip2 via source, now i want to uninstall it because it is not saving anything and is just being a pain. The source is here if needed: http://www.noip.com/downloads.php?page=linux
I attempted to run the below command:
sudo make uninstall
But it failed and gave me the below error. I was in the same directory as the makefile.
make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop.
The README file says nothing about uninstalling. I have no idea how to uninstall it at this point.
Any tips or ideas?
Last edited by Dyzaster (2013-03-26 03:26:17)
# Their Makefile is fucking horrid, do it by hand instead
sed -i '/^#define CONFIG_FILEPATH/s/PREFIX//' noip2.c
sed -i '/^#define CONFIG_FILENAME/s/PREFIX//' noip2.c
cc -Wall $CLFAGS $LDFLAGS -g -Dlinux -DPREFIX=/usr noip2.c -o noip2
WonderWoofy, that is the second funniest thing I have seen all day.
It looks like the official package has the two files identified by WonderWoofy, plus a service file.
install -Dm755 noip2 $pkgdir/usr/bin/noip2
install -Dm755 ../noip-rc.d $pkgdir/etc/rc.d/noip
install -Dm644 ../noip2.service $pkgdir/usr/lib/systemd/system/noip2.service
Although, the files from the official package do not go to /local/bin, so be sure you go to /local and remove the files WonderWoofy identified and remove them. DO NOT just install the package from community.
- 1When I click on a song iTunes tells me it is not authorized to play this song but when I authorize it, it tells me the computer is already authorized. What do I do to play the songs? 10-11
- 2Document Server not working properly on Vista and website 10-11
- 3Passing chinese character from RFC call between unicode & non unicode syst. 10-11
- 4Ipad2 to apple tv using Time capsule wifi 10-11
- 5IPod shuffle and other computers 10-11
- 6Email adress determination in partner dependent action 11-30
- 7Need advice on second db on a 2-node RAC already has a db 11-30
- 8Shaving tables in mysql 11-30
- My iTunes has about 3000 tracks but not all of it will sync onto my iPod10/11
- How to distribute web users on appli server via BEx service at SICF?10/11
- Actionscript 3 problems10/11
- Transfering photos from android galaxy to computer.11/30
- !!HELP! PROBLEM WITH javasdk & IE611/30
- My ipod touch says it is connected to wifi, but won't run anything that uses it like safari or itunes, and I don't know how to fix it11/30
- Macbook won't connect wirelessly on home network11/30
- Quicktime movies on the ipad11/30
- Indesign CS4 - Fehlende Fonts?11/30
- Startup key combinations on Intel iMac WITHOUT original keyboard11/30