How to uninstall a No-Ip2 when i installed it via source?
AdvertisementSo i installed No-Ip2 via source, now i want to uninstall it because it is not saving anything and is just being a pain. The source is here if needed: http://www.noip.com/downloads.php?page=linux
I attempted to run the below command:
sudo make uninstall
But it failed and gave me the below error. I was in the same directory as the makefile.
make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop.
The README file says nothing about uninstalling. I have no idea how to uninstall it at this point.
Any tips or ideas?
Last edited by Dyzaster (2013-03-26 03:26:17)
# Their Makefile is fucking horrid, do it by hand instead
sed -i '/^#define CONFIG_FILEPATH/s/PREFIX//' noip2.c
sed -i '/^#define CONFIG_FILENAME/s/PREFIX//' noip2.c
cc -Wall $CLFAGS $LDFLAGS -g -Dlinux -DPREFIX=/usr noip2.c -o noip2
WonderWoofy, that is the second funniest thing I have seen all day.
It looks like the official package has the two files identified by WonderWoofy, plus a service file.
install -Dm755 noip2 $pkgdir/usr/bin/noip2
install -Dm755 ../noip-rc.d $pkgdir/etc/rc.d/noip
install -Dm644 ../noip2.service $pkgdir/usr/lib/systemd/system/noip2.service
Although, the files from the official package do not go to /local/bin, so be sure you go to /local and remove the files WonderWoofy identified and remove them. DO NOT just install the package from community.
- 1Installing Windows XP on VM Fusion on a new MacBook Pro. 10-11
- 2All text in Preview is low resolution and Times italics is twisted 10-11
- 3ABAP code for calculation rule in TK = M/08 10-11
- 4Web service Response data - how to extract fields from XMl returned 10-11
- 5Search for string and replace with frame break 10-11
- 6Customer Service Problems 10-11
- 7Assigning activities and Adding Info to a Case 11-30
- 8IChat opens, but nothing appears. What's with it? 11-30
- Diferimento Parcial do ICMS PR (processo de compras)10/11
- AirPrint No Longer Working After IOS6 Upgrade10/11
- Is the IPod Nano 6th Generation Apple's least reliable product?10/11
- Trying to display an object in a cmbo box10/11
- When I click the facebook app it doesn't open the page.10/11
- Changing JCheckbox's foreground color..10/11
- Moving from a 4 to 4s11/30
- Meric -- Another package helper (packer fork)11/30
- Slow report11/30
- I was trying to download a FREE app. It was keep saying that I have to verify my credit card details. As I did. Unfortunately they charged me 1,98 eur. Do you know why???11/30