How to uninstall a No-Ip2 when i installed it via source?
AdvertisementSo i installed No-Ip2 via source, now i want to uninstall it because it is not saving anything and is just being a pain. The source is here if needed: http://www.noip.com/downloads.php?page=linux
I attempted to run the below command:
sudo make uninstall
But it failed and gave me the below error. I was in the same directory as the makefile.
make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop.
The README file says nothing about uninstalling. I have no idea how to uninstall it at this point.
Any tips or ideas?
Last edited by Dyzaster (2013-03-26 03:26:17)
# Their Makefile is fucking horrid, do it by hand instead
sed -i '/^#define CONFIG_FILEPATH/s/PREFIX//' noip2.c
sed -i '/^#define CONFIG_FILENAME/s/PREFIX//' noip2.c
cc -Wall $CLFAGS $LDFLAGS -g -Dlinux -DPREFIX=/usr noip2.c -o noip2
WonderWoofy, that is the second funniest thing I have seen all day.
It looks like the official package has the two files identified by WonderWoofy, plus a service file.
install -Dm755 noip2 $pkgdir/usr/bin/noip2
install -Dm755 ../noip-rc.d $pkgdir/etc/rc.d/noip
install -Dm644 ../noip2.service $pkgdir/usr/lib/systemd/system/noip2.service
Although, the files from the official package do not go to /local/bin, so be sure you go to /local and remove the files WonderWoofy identified and remove them. DO NOT just install the package from community.
- 1Error occurs when running emcli add_target 10-11
- 2Deleting columns in 2D array 12-01
- 3Call MTOM web service using pl/sql (utl_http) 11-30
- 4Can financials use calendar other than Gregorian calendar 11-30
- 5Crop area in CS 4 11-30
- 6Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred. How to see the reason?? 11-30
- 7How to make/save changes to the file - /etc/httpd/httpd.conf - in Terminal 11-30
- 8Premiere has decided that the sequences on my main project has no match (sequence or codec.) It won't let me open anything now... this is the error message 11-30
- How do i sync my ipod if my computer is not recognizing it when i connect it?10/11
- Need help to enable trace/logging for java debugging CRM 5.0 WebShop10/11
- HT1296 can i transfer music from my ipod to a new itunes library?10/11
- How to increase a column width in numbers10/11
- SHOW my iMac desktop on my 15 Pro10/11
- What services are unavailable in the $19.99 version of Creative Cloud that I would find in the $49.911/30
- Using Safari on the iPad unsupported mode with R1711/30
- Getting iCal 3 to work with an LDAP server11/30
- No "Save to disk" preference option11/30
- Autopopulation Validation Issue11/30