HT4623 How can I update iOS 5 on iPad 2?
AdvertisementI want to update iOS 5 on my iPad2 and I've read the article about it. There was written go in settings>general>software update in my ipad2 there isn't such button "Software Update" there is only "about" and "usage" so, what can I do?
AdvertisementIf you have an iPad 1, the max iOS is 5.1.1. For newer iPads, the current iOS is 6.1.3. The Settings>General>Software Update only appears if you have iOS 5.0 or higher currently installed.
iOS 5: Updating your device to iOS 5 or Later
How to install iOS 6
iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you are currently running an iOS lower than 5.0, connect the iPad to the computer, open iTunes. Then select the iPad under the Devices heading on the left, click on the Summary tab and then click on Check for Update.
Tip - If connected to your computer, you may need to disable your firewall and anitvirus software temporarily. Then download and install the iOS update. Be sure and backup your iPad before the iOS update. After you update an iPad (except iPad 1) to iOS 6.x, the next update can be installed via wifi (i.e., not connected to your computer).
Tip 2 - If you're updating via wifi, place your iPad close to your router to preclude getting a corrupted download.
- 1Noob needs help with Media Encoder Settings 10-11
- 2Automatic number range assignment for creation of material issue 10-11
- 3How come Facebook randomly won't work with Safari? 10-11
- 4ITunes on a Laptop 11-30
- 5Error -2000f on MBP in recovery 11-30
- 6White background to all keynote presentstions 11-30
- 7Extracting date from table, format problems 11-30
- 8After newest iTunes update i cant sync music to ipod! erroe OxE800400C 11-30
- Failed to open the connection after changing the connection in CMC10/11
- After upgrading from Win 8 to 8.1 my DVD RAM GT80N SATA Drive is no longer working10/11
- Hi, please help me , i get notification about a new update for my iPad when I do the instal for the new version it is asking me for a passcode but which passcode may I have to enter? Because when I enter my gmail passcode it is call me that my pass fail10/11
- Recording to removable media10/11
- When i got my new iphone 4, its in recovery mode. while restroing with itunes, im getting error at restoring firmware stage? what could be the reason? pls help me for solution.10/11
- Domain name in OBIEE devices11/30
- Photo quality on burned CD11/30
- Seq. values while loading11/30
- How to disable application?11/30
- Sound issues Premiere CS511/30