HT4623 Please help update ipad
AdvertisementI am really struggling to update my iPad to iOS 5 or higher. I don't know what version I have it's the original iPad. I have looked at the instructions to install iOS 5 and it says go to settings then to general and then software update. Easy BUT I don't have the option of software update ... Please help I am ready to throw my iPad out of the window....
AdvertisementIf you have an iPad 1, the max iOS is 5.1.1. For newer iPads, the current iOS is 6.1.3. The Settings>General>Software Update only appears if you have iOS 5.0 or higher currently installed.
iOS 5: Updating your device to iOS 5 or Later
How to install iOS 6
iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you are currently running an iOS lower than 5.0, connect the iPad to the computer, open iTunes. Then select the iPad under the Devices heading on the left, click on the Summary tab and then click on Check for Update.
Tip - If connected to your computer, you may need to disable your firewall and anitvirus software temporarily. Then download and install the iOS update. Be sure and backup your iPad before the iOS update. After you update an iPad (except iPad 1) to iOS 6.x, the next update can be installed via wifi (i.e., not connected to your computer).
Tip 2 - If you're updating via wifi, place your iPad close to your router to preclude getting a corrupted download.
- 1How do you see the download status? 10-11
- 2Variable for Document Date in Customer Receivable Aging 10-11
- 3Lumia 520 keyboard? 10-11
- 4Live CD for newbies and dial up users 11-30
- 5I cannot open PDF filkes sent via email. I used too. nHow do I fix. 11-30
- 6Re: Internal mic always monitoring on Satellite L750-A218 11-30
- 7Using the Ipod with a car stereo head unit interface 11-30
- 8Anti-alias 11-30
- Error when editing a PDF form10/11
- How to empty the trash mac os 10.8.5 when the system doesn't want you to???10/11
- ITune gift is not working.....Please Help10/11
- How do I reduce the size of my project?10/11
- Firefox, google chrome, IE8 lose the ability to search and find text on certain archived books. IE7 can search and find. Is there a way to fix this?10/11
- Can't save to iphoto from mail11/30
- Change Document - Block Invoice for Payment - BAPI11/30
- Does the installation of virtual box harms the MacBook11/30
- Is it possible to tap-to-click on the Magic Mouse?11/30
- Where have all the patchsets gone?11/30