HT4623 Problems Updating My iOS!
AdvertisementI've just sync'ed my Iphone 4 and it said that newer versions of Itunes / QuickTime were available. I updated these.
When my phone was connected it the itunes told me a newer version of iOS 6.0.1 was available for my phone did i want to download and install.
I ok'd it and itunes backed up my phone and then downloaded the iOS. My phone was then in recovery mode - itunes wanted me to restore my phone so it would work with itunes. When I look at the progress of update and restore it completes but my phone is left in recovery mode and I can not get it out of this state which means I can not reinstall my backed up data and essentially I'm left with a VERY EXPENSIVE paperweight!
The phone was purchased originally from Apple factory setting unlocked.
Any assistance gratefully recieved
AdvertisementWhat model iPad and what iOS are you currently running?
If you have an iPad 1, the max iOS is 5.1.1. For newer iPads, the current iOS is 6.1. The Settings>General>Software Update only appears if you have iOS 5.0 or higher currently installed.
iOS 5: Updating your device to iOS 5 or Later
How to install iOS 6
iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you are currently running an iOS lower than 5.0, connect the iPad to the computer, open iTunes. Then select the iPad under the Devices heading on the left, click on the Summary tab and then click on Check for Update.
Tip - If connected to your computer, you may need to disable your firewall and anitvirus software temporarily. Then download and install the iOS update. Be sure and backup your iPad before the iOS update. After you update an iPad (except iPad 1) to iOS 6.x, the next update can be installed via wifi (i.e., not connected to your computer).
- 1RTF file download from form 10-11
- 2Problem in exporting data to excel in nwds 7.3 10-11
- 3Overlapping requests not deleted from Infocube 10-11
- 4PDFs Not Opening in IE 10 10-11
- 5How to go about when the SP level need to be upgraded? 11-30
- 6How to receive a gif file using a custom ABAP FM 11-30
- 7Workflow Error In Foreground Step? 11-30
- 8Serial number question - using Photography monthly subscription 11-30
- Upgrade 4240 from 4.1 to 5.010/11
- Microsoft Word 2008 and Spaces problem - found a workaround10/11
- WordPress 3.8 Flash or YouTube Object Code?10/11
- How to change color of spinning logo10/11
- Robohelp 8 and IPad Safari11/30
- A Nice Feature11/30
- Additional files will need to be installed error -- cannot pdf a simple MS Word doc11/30
- Twitter error 401 with iPhone5 iOS6 How do I resolve this?11/30
- HT201272 my account have been disabled how to i enable it11/30
- No audio using WinDV11/30