HT4623 Problems Updating My iOS!
AdvertisementI've just sync'ed my Iphone 4 and it said that newer versions of Itunes / QuickTime were available. I updated these.
When my phone was connected it the itunes told me a newer version of iOS 6.0.1 was available for my phone did i want to download and install.
I ok'd it and itunes backed up my phone and then downloaded the iOS. My phone was then in recovery mode - itunes wanted me to restore my phone so it would work with itunes. When I look at the progress of update and restore it completes but my phone is left in recovery mode and I can not get it out of this state which means I can not reinstall my backed up data and essentially I'm left with a VERY EXPENSIVE paperweight!
The phone was purchased originally from Apple factory setting unlocked.
Any assistance gratefully recieved
AdvertisementWhat model iPad and what iOS are you currently running?
If you have an iPad 1, the max iOS is 5.1.1. For newer iPads, the current iOS is 6.1. The Settings>General>Software Update only appears if you have iOS 5.0 or higher currently installed.
iOS 5: Updating your device to iOS 5 or Later
How to install iOS 6
iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you are currently running an iOS lower than 5.0, connect the iPad to the computer, open iTunes. Then select the iPad under the Devices heading on the left, click on the Summary tab and then click on Check for Update.
Tip - If connected to your computer, you may need to disable your firewall and anitvirus software temporarily. Then download and install the iOS update. Be sure and backup your iPad before the iOS update. After you update an iPad (except iPad 1) to iOS 6.x, the next update can be installed via wifi (i.e., not connected to your computer).
- 1Problem in JNDI lookup with Jdev JDEVADF_MAIN_GENERIC_061111.1900.4245 10-11
- 2Problems with PNG colors in illustrator 10-11
- 3Error message - Review/Don't review 11-30
- 4How to move only one or two applications from iMac to macbook air` 11-30
- 5X6 USB Connection failure HELP PLEASE :( 11-30
- 6No weather on iOs 7 update. 11-30
- 7Brush Cursor Problem 11-30
- 8Suggestions for good sketch/illustrator app 11-30
- Macbook 13" Core 2 Duo, Mini DVI to DVI will not work (Mini DVI to VGA OK)10/11
- I turned on my I-pad and it automatically sent me to I-cloud instead of my normal I-pad screen, now I cannot log on because it is asking for a pass code that I never set up. How do I log on?10/11
- Download Error in Adobe Application Manager10/11
- Download Error -5010/11
- ITunes Match colapse in step 211/30
- Can't burn audio cd in vista11/30
- HT4009 I am not able to purchase in app purchases, an alert appears and says contact iTunes sopport11/30
- Placing OS image and Data image on right partition11/30
- Information Architecure for UCM 11g/WebCenter PS411/30
- Picture Preview Blank11/30