Current position: Home > Default > HT4623 When I go to General there is no Software update catergory. WHat's with that?
HT4623 When I go to General there is no Software update catergory. WHat's with that?
AdvertisementI would like to update the OS on my iPad 2. The current OS is 4.3.3
WHen I go to Settings>General> there is no software upgrade prompt.
How do I upgrade teh system?
AdvertisementIf you have an iPad 1, the max iOS is 5.1.1. For newer iPads, the current iOS is 6.1.3. The Settings>General>Software Update only appears if you have iOS 5.0 or higher currently installed.
iOS 5: Updating your device to iOS 5 or Later
How to install iOS 6
iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you are currently running an iOS lower than 5.0, connect the iPad to the computer, open iTunes. Then select the iPad under the Devices heading on the left, click on the Summary tab and then click on Check for Update.
Tip - If connected to your computer, you may need to disable your firewall and anitvirus software temporarily. Then download and install the iOS update. Be sure and backup your iPad before the iOS update. After you update an iPad (except iPad 1) to iOS 6.x, the next update can be installed via wifi (i.e., not connected to your computer).
Tip 2 - If you're updating via wifi, place your iPad close to your router to preclude getting a corrupted download.
- 1How do i change my icloud account on my ipad when i have changed mail address 10-11
- 2I just bought a mac mini over the weekend. I saved items from my old G4 to an external hard drive. I go to plug in the external hard drive and the new computer is not recognizing it. Help. 10-11
- 3Need to connect SQL Server 2008 and CR 2008 via OLE DB SQL Server Provider 10-11
- 4How to set default printing in black only 10-11
- 5Bug with buttons 11-30
- 6Webform loading too long : only 1 cpu core used out of 16 core available? 11-30
- 7Apply custom repeat formatting, column deletion, and sorts? 11-30
- 8Making labview 2014 and Access 2013 db working correctly 11-30
- Credit Release thru VKM3 remove the schedule line delivery block ...10/11
- Movies added to iTunes won't appear, but music added to iTunes does....10/11
- Host directory fail10/11
- Problems with Flip4Mac WMV and QuickTime 10.110/11
- My skype stop working when i sign in11/30
- Measure using UseRelationship not working well when sliced with attributes from the same table11/30
- Generating the output in Ascending order of Date (Month-YY)11/30
- Where can i download version 3.6.x?11/30
- Soap upgrade to 1.211/30
- CS4 installed on new computer11/30