HT4623 Why can't I see a software update button on my iPad?
AdvertisementI'd like to update my iPad but can't figure out how. There's no " software update" button in my settings.
AdvertisementIf you have an iPad 1, the max iOS is 5.1.1. For newer iPads, the current iOS is 6.1.3. The Settings>General>Software Update only appears if you have iOS 5.0 or higher currently installed.
iOS 5: Updating your device to iOS 5 or Later
How to install iOS 6
iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you are currently running an iOS lower than 5.0, connect the iPad to the computer, open iTunes. Then select the iPad under the Devices heading on the left, click on the Summary tab and then click on Check for Update.
Tip - If connected to your computer, you may need to disable your firewall and anitvirus software temporarily. Then download and install the iOS update. Be sure and backup your iPad before the iOS update. After you update an iPad (except iPad 1) to iOS 6.x, the next update can be installed via wifi (i.e., not connected to your computer).
Tip 2 - If you're updating via wifi, place your iPad close to your router to preclude getting a corrupted download.
- 1Problem during upgrade of 7.4.1 and now i cant open ITUNES!!!!! 10-11
- 2How can I keep a backup copy of my iTunes library with tracks not coded and scrambled 10-11
- 3How can I suppress @ from prompting in a file when I run slqplus cmnd line 10-11
- 4Home sharing broken with 126.96.36.199 update 10-11
- 5Hard drive for mac and pc 10-11
- 6Applets on linked page won't open 10-11
- 7How do I convert a pdf file into word doc. 10-11
- 8ITunes Settings... 11-30
- Date not being displayed in the custom format10/11
- Can one add more than one photo layer to a draw image?10/11
- No Matching records found (OACT) - A/P Credit Memo10/11
- QT crashes on export to any codec... haalp!10/11
- Search Help Exit10/11
- How can i record iphone 4 screen no j/b?10/11
- PCA: Transfer Payables/Receivables11/30
- SQL Developer v188.8.131.52 Build MAIN-63.73 doesn't show query results11/30
- Database adapter not returning error immediately in table space error.11/30
- Multiple instances without virtualhost11/30