HT4623 Why can't I see a software update button on my iPad?
AdvertisementI'd like to update my iPad but can't figure out how. There's no " software update" button in my settings.
AdvertisementIf you have an iPad 1, the max iOS is 5.1.1. For newer iPads, the current iOS is 6.1.3. The Settings>General>Software Update only appears if you have iOS 5.0 or higher currently installed.
iOS 5: Updating your device to iOS 5 or Later
How to install iOS 6
iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you are currently running an iOS lower than 5.0, connect the iPad to the computer, open iTunes. Then select the iPad under the Devices heading on the left, click on the Summary tab and then click on Check for Update.
Tip - If connected to your computer, you may need to disable your firewall and anitvirus software temporarily. Then download and install the iOS update. Be sure and backup your iPad before the iOS update. After you update an iPad (except iPad 1) to iOS 6.x, the next update can be installed via wifi (i.e., not connected to your computer).
Tip 2 - If you're updating via wifi, place your iPad close to your router to preclude getting a corrupted download.
- 1Why does Back to My Mac slow to a crawl under heavy GPU usage? 10-11
- 2The certificate is not valid and cannot be used to verify the identity of this website 10-11
- 3"ERROR disk not found" during boot cdrom installation 11-30
- 4IChat 5 - I am constantly disconnected from video chats after SL install. 11-30
- 5UIX validation entity attribute on page multiple times via different views 11-30
- 6Wireless Backup / data storage - Is this possible ? 11-30
- 7Does IDSD solve server issues? 11-30
- 8Bridge CS4 Camera Raw Aberrations 11-30
- Is there any way to sort songs in iTunes library between mp3 versions and m4a versions. Any help/guidance would be appreciated.10/11
- How to disable manual change in shipment address in delivery10/11
- I saved my completed rendered video in Publish and Share as an MP4, but where is the file saved to. I set it to be saved on my desktop, but I don't see it. thanks10/11
- Urgent!!! Modify column of a table having records11/30
- Speedgrade Importing Cineform files11/30
- Install update for adobe reader xi 11.00.379 - error 164811/30
- Database changed or Memory Unavailable Error in Album11/30
- Alternative for Guided Navigation11/30
- Multiprovider should be always created for Infocubes? Even for 1 Infocube?11/30
- What protocol does air play use11/30