IBooks library vanished after update
AdvertisementAfter updating my iOS to the latest version recently, I was dismayed to find everything gone from my iBooks library. Does anyone know if Apple is going to bother to remedy this unpleasant surprise for future updates?
I recommend backing up your pdf books by opening them in Adobe reader or Kindle reader for iPad to make sure important texts aren't lost.
AdvertisementGet your terminology straight ... No - if you did what KP suggested - according to your response - you reset the iPad - you did not restart it. I suggested a restart - and a sync again.
Two different things ...
Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.
Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.
You could try quitting all apps and then restart and try again.
Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Quit/close open apps by double tapping the home button and the task bar will appear with all of you recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus sign in the upper left corner to close the apps. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.
- 1Please Help - When I try to add ASM Disk to ASM Diskgroup it crashes Server 10-11
- 2Error when activating an R/3 generic datasource in BW 10-11
- 3PS CC Sign In 10-11
- 4What is the best process for creating, opening, editing, etc PDFs from within Visual Studio 2008? 10-11
- 5Safari quits, cant download and open other surf software!!!!!!! 10-11
- 6Bluetooth mouse 10-11
- 7Is there a way I can make a video with music and effects on my iPad 10-11
- 8Auto commit in BAPI 11-30
- How change icon of a Hard Drive?10/11
- HELP Managing Displays, iDisplay, HDMI10/11
- Wireless connection falls asleep..10/11
- Strange problem of calling library function node in labview 2010 and 201112/10
- Splitting SC items in ECS11/30
- Reg: SAP BO training.11/30
- When i am trying to type my licence key i get an error need help quick!11/30
- Tax collected at source11/30
- Reader x installed corruptly11/30
- Display Postscript Toolkit (dpstk library) for 64 bit Solaris11/30