IBooks library vanished after update
AdvertisementAfter updating my iOS to the latest version recently, I was dismayed to find everything gone from my iBooks library. Does anyone know if Apple is going to bother to remedy this unpleasant surprise for future updates?
I recommend backing up your pdf books by opening them in Adobe reader or Kindle reader for iPad to make sure important texts aren't lost.
AdvertisementGet your terminology straight ... No - if you did what KP suggested - according to your response - you reset the iPad - you did not restart it. I suggested a restart - and a sync again.
Two different things ...
Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.
Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.
You could try quitting all apps and then restart and try again.
Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Quit/close open apps by double tapping the home button and the task bar will appear with all of you recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus sign in the upper left corner to close the apps. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.
- 1My keyboard won't connect to imac 10-11
- 2Issue with Value Help not showing in Portal screen Please Help 10-11
- 3Cin pricing condition types 10-11
- 4Downgrade Windows 8.1 64-bit to Windows 8.1 32-bit on Surface 2? 11-30
- 5Cannot record to tape 11-30
- 6How to use wildcards in REST filter for subscription items 11-30
- 7Premiere Pro Error reading 11-30
- 8Invisible captions 11-30
- I have an Airport Extreme, 2 laptops with windows 7 and a wireless HP printer. I can connect the laptops to the printer. Any advise?10/11
- Open Items List10/11
- Invalid descriptor index error10/11
- Data Separator as semi colon in .CSV11/30
- How to install IIS in OBI11/30
- FileToIDoc-Scenario: Additional level in recordset structure11/30
- Kindle Fire bottom bar state detection11/30
- PSE 8 and Plus11/30
- External display and macbook pro11/30
- Double to 2 decimal places11/30