IBooks library vanished after update
AdvertisementAfter updating my iOS to the latest version recently, I was dismayed to find everything gone from my iBooks library. Does anyone know if Apple is going to bother to remedy this unpleasant surprise for future updates?
I recommend backing up your pdf books by opening them in Adobe reader or Kindle reader for iPad to make sure important texts aren't lost.
AdvertisementGet your terminology straight ... No - if you did what KP suggested - according to your response - you reset the iPad - you did not restart it. I suggested a restart - and a sync again.
Two different things ...
Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.
Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.
You could try quitting all apps and then restart and try again.
Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Quit/close open apps by double tapping the home button and the task bar will appear with all of you recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus sign in the upper left corner to close the apps. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.
- 1Error while Saving Service Sales order. 10-11
- 2For WebLogic 5.1, where should I put my class files for my JavaBeans? 10-11
- 3Problem with external PHP function 11-30
- 4Can any one let me know 11-30
- 5"An error occurred loading this content....try again later" ERROR 11-30
- 6About Mercury Engine in a Dell Notebook (ATI HD 7730M GPU) 11-30
- 7Problem in partitioning table 11-30
- 8ESS + Backend access Issue 11-30
- Error While posting to FI.10/11
- IPod not seen in Windows or iTunes10/11
- Random users receive an unexpected error when trying to access SharePoint 2010 farm.10/11
- Using Windows 7 and Firefox 10.0.2, at random times all home page images "disappear" when switching between web sites. Page layout on some web sites is lost. Requires removing and downloading Firefox to restore. Any ideas?10/11
- How to turn on file sharing in new itunes 1110/11
- ACS 5.4 stopped logging after timezone update10/11
- Purchasing a new Nano10/11
- Urgent Help with Bubble Sort10/11
- Hooking up 2 wireless routers11/23
- Maximum installable ram for ibook g4 800mhz?11/30