IE unable to connect to Oracle HTTP Server v10.1.2 with SSL
I configured OHS with SSL to run APEX applications.
This configuration can be run from Mozilla browsers and Opera, but not from Internet Explorer.
I suspect that IE doesn't support 256-bit encryption, as both browser above support it. So I set several combination of SSL Cipher Suite in ssl.conf. I also set IE to use TLS v1, SSLv2, and SSLv3. But this doesn't show any results. I also found that several sites which has 256 bit encryption (read the information from Mozilla and Opera browser) can also be opened by IE (read as 128 bit encryption). So I guess the encryption is not the problem, and I move on to the Apache error_log files.
What I found from Apache's error_log.xxxx is
[error] mod_ossl: SSL call to NZ function nzos_Handshake failed with error 29014 (server ---.---.com:4443, client --.--.--.--)
[error] mod_ossl: Unknown error
[error] mod_ossl: SSL call to NZ function nzos_Handshake failed with error 28864 (server ---.---.com:4443, client --.--.--.--)
[error] mod_ossl: SSL IO error [Hint: the client stop the connection unexpectedly]
So I looked in the Metalink and found Note:312041.1 and applied patch 4960210 and restart the server. But now it wouldn't start at all, despite that all configuration files were not changed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AdvertisementYou can use any PKCS#12 file with OHS if it includes the complete private key and certificate chain. With Oracle Wallet Manager (owm) you could also create a private key, import it, import the CA certificate as trusted certificate, create a certificate request for the private key, get the certificate response from the CA and import this.
If you use an unsual CA, ie cacert.org, you must import the CA root certificate as a trusted server certificate for IE.
- 1Help me identify problem for slow export on a powerful machine 10-11
- 2List view, potential bug? (FCPX) 10-11
- 3Template and pageflow 10-11
- 4ALV page break & Totals 11-30
- 5Contract History Related to PO 11-30
- 6RTV-20003: Warning: Cannot perform Partition Exchange Loading 11-30
- 7Issue in starting local J2EE server 11-30
- 8FFX 5.0 - I lost use of video/audio in gmail chat. But works in IE. 11-30
- Restructuring Small Bus Network on RV01610/11
- Getting list of props from a prop list?10/11
- Logic 9.1.5 crashing when loading projects10/11
- How to deactivate my ipod from apple account?10/11
- Import Process Server10/11
- Add-in Error forces exit11/30
- How to import oracle.xml.sql.query.*11/30
- Printing settings - printing large document11/30
- Printer Profiles for Epson R26011/30
- How can I get fire fox to put an umlaut over a letter in text I type.11/30