Current position: Home > Default > Install Oracle Application Server on the same machine with Oracle Database
Install Oracle Application Server on the same machine with Oracle Database
I have already have installed on my laptop the oracle Database 10g, and i want to install on the same machine Oracle Application Server; can I do that? After i look on some threads on this forum I understand that all I have to do is to change the default port 1521 of the database to antoher ..let's say 1523...how can I change the port? what files do i have to modify? Oracle Application server can work in good conditions with Oracle XE or I will have the same problem?
My SO is Windows XP Professional SP II, all updates, 512RAM, 2Ghz-CPU
AdvertisementWell, you'll have some problems to run simultaneously Database and AS with 512 Mb...
Apart from that, you don't need to start two listeners, you can use just one (the highest version) for both DBs.
If, for any reason, you want to use two, you can change the port within LISTENER.ORA file, normally in ORACLE_HOME\network\admin.
- 1Inconsistancies in S_ALR_87013558 Report 10-11
- 2I get error message 2096 when opening updated I tunes 10-11
- 3Absolute dynamic select query with dynamic join and where 11-30
- 4Error in afab test run in background - very urgent 11-30
- 5Need help with determining which Credit Card would be the best 11-30
- 7No logical port to call web services 11-30
- 8S_DATASET to be restricted. Generic role to be modified. 11-30
- Problem with connection in Mysql database in struts application10/11
- DVD Burn problem. "Device error - the target device isn't suitable for use"10/11
- Should I add external hard drive so I can update to os10?10/11
- HELP! iPod Erased, Can't put files on it10/11
- Does ALDSP 2.5 supports INOUT cursor??10/11
- IPhone needs to be reactivated every day11/30
- Creating breadcrumbs in adf, Jdeveloper 11g, 220.127.116.11.011/30
- SC created from PR not visible in portal although visible in backend SRM11/30
- Question about using mixed size disk groups with ASM11/30
- Section 508 Compliance using Flash11/30