Current position: Home > Default > Install Oracle Application Server on the same machine with Oracle Database
Install Oracle Application Server on the same machine with Oracle Database
I have already have installed on my laptop the oracle Database 10g, and i want to install on the same machine Oracle Application Server; can I do that? After i look on some threads on this forum I understand that all I have to do is to change the default port 1521 of the database to antoher ..let's say 1523...how can I change the port? what files do i have to modify? Oracle Application server can work in good conditions with Oracle XE or I will have the same problem?
My SO is Windows XP Professional SP II, all updates, 512RAM, 2Ghz-CPU
AdvertisementWell, you'll have some problems to run simultaneously Database and AS with 512 Mb...
Apart from that, you don't need to start two listeners, you can use just one (the highest version) for both DBs.
If, for any reason, you want to use two, you can change the port within LISTENER.ORA file, normally in ORACLE_HOME\network\admin.
- 1Problem with Cast and table operator 10-11
- 2Syntax for Evaluate function in OBIEE 10-11
- 3Help with consuming a web service 10-11
- 4AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix performance issues 10-11
- 5My sprint sph-330 wont connect with my ipod 4g with bluetooth 11-30
- 6I cannot figure out how to find out what version of Firefox I have -= how do I find out? 11-30
- 7Script o/p probelm 11-30
- 8Web dynpro Alv ENHANCEMENT 11-30
- How to not "read" Junk Messages In Lion Mail?10/11
- Trouble with Zen Ne11/30
- How to store videos and photos in external storage11/30
- Regarding Client Role change in DEV system.11/30
- Links/Graphics are editable11/30
- Drop zones & autofill issues11/30
- Low Graphic ram11/30
- 7.1.1 Wifi Bug11/30
- Problem in IE 8.011/30
- Blackboard Online Classes11/30