Current position: Home > Default > Intel Mini: Diabling the onboard bluetooth hardware/using a Dlink USB BT
Intel Mini: Diabling the onboard bluetooth hardware/using a Dlink USB BT
AdvertisementI have a Intel Mini Core 2 Duo (1.8x Ghz)
I broke the bluetooth antennae connector inside the case while upgrading the memory. My BT keyboard and mouse continues to work, but only with the case open, and when they are very close to the computer.
I have located a replacment bluetooth board, but before I spent any mulah to fix the problem, I am wondering if it would be possible to just use a Dlink BT 120 USB device that I already own.
From what I can tell this particular device is one of a few that will specifically work with Macs. In reading it sounds like it should work without any needed drivers.
I am relatively new to Macs, so the process for getting things working is a little fuzzy. I've tried to google this, but haven't found any specific help.
When I plug in the Dlink, the connection to the onboard BT stops working with the existing keyboard and mouse. There is not any obvious signs that the Dlink is doing anything (no windows pop up to state it is connected etc, and there is not anything new listed in the BT sys pref pane). It seems to me that the two BT devices are fighting with each other, and I don't know how to make them play nice.
I did download the apple BT firmware updater, which I believe is needed to convert the Dlink over to a mac friendly firmware. I ran the updater with the Dlink plugged in, and it seemed to run fine, but I guess I wouldn't know which BT device it was trying to update...
Anyway, if there is a guru out there that can help me get the Dlink working... I am all ears.
Thanks in advance.
I am exactly at the same point in my investigations as you describe in your question. I would be most interested if you ended up finding a solution.
- 1Getting a Sharp AR-405 with AR-PB2A to print from Snow Leopard 10-11
- 2Cannot update published website without errors: requires deletion of site, then creating a new one. 10-11
- 3When I transfer my folders from "My Finder" onto my External hardrive, I get this Notification: The Finder can't complete the operation because some data in "Fall Semester 09" can't be read or written. (Error code -36) 10-11
- 4Help plotting points in a java Applet using Bresens Algorithm 10-11
- 5Could we have an Update on the iPod Nano Replacement program for all Norwegian users perspective...? 10-11
- 6How to import a picture in java 10-11
- 7App Server 9.1 - Where is the keystore.jks 10-11
- 84.0.0 temporary error returned by alias expansion (commadmin)? 11-30
- How do I delete a movie from the iTunes-cloud?10/11
- Windows Vista 64 bit and bios update how? K9A210/11
- Wireless Mouse - Can I add a 'right-click' script of my own?11/30
- Text Touch Up Tool11/30
- I can't play DVDs. Ongoing problem possibly.11/30
- How do I permanently delete RAW files?11/30
- Strip alpha to take average11/30
- Why these features aren't avaiable on iphone?Internal radio,Bluetooth(work with any mobile),Memory slot,Better internal memory( 512 MB),Fast processor,21Mbps HSDPA,Big display(feel da real experience of IOS)Will the next iphone resolve these issues ?11/30
- GA dates for nw2004s and erp 200511/30
- How to use Threads11/30