Current position: Home > Default > Intel Mini: Diabling the onboard bluetooth hardware/using a Dlink USB BT
Intel Mini: Diabling the onboard bluetooth hardware/using a Dlink USB BT
AdvertisementI have a Intel Mini Core 2 Duo (1.8x Ghz)
I broke the bluetooth antennae connector inside the case while upgrading the memory. My BT keyboard and mouse continues to work, but only with the case open, and when they are very close to the computer.
I have located a replacment bluetooth board, but before I spent any mulah to fix the problem, I am wondering if it would be possible to just use a Dlink BT 120 USB device that I already own.
From what I can tell this particular device is one of a few that will specifically work with Macs. In reading it sounds like it should work without any needed drivers.
I am relatively new to Macs, so the process for getting things working is a little fuzzy. I've tried to google this, but haven't found any specific help.
When I plug in the Dlink, the connection to the onboard BT stops working with the existing keyboard and mouse. There is not any obvious signs that the Dlink is doing anything (no windows pop up to state it is connected etc, and there is not anything new listed in the BT sys pref pane). It seems to me that the two BT devices are fighting with each other, and I don't know how to make them play nice.
I did download the apple BT firmware updater, which I believe is needed to convert the Dlink over to a mac friendly firmware. I ran the updater with the Dlink plugged in, and it seemed to run fine, but I guess I wouldn't know which BT device it was trying to update...
Anyway, if there is a guru out there that can help me get the Dlink working... I am all ears.
Thanks in advance.
I am exactly at the same point in my investigations as you describe in your question. I would be most interested if you ended up finding a solution.
- 1Who has logged into SharePoint 2007 in 2014? 10-11
- 2What is the max number of SMS & MMS messages that the iphone can store? 10-11
- 3No sound from my I pad on videos 11-30
- 4Upgraded To Leopard, lost files & user settings? 11-30
- 5Design decission for multilingual support using JSF 11-30
- 6Lightroom or Elements? 11-30
- 7Disc will not build 11-30
- 8OBIEE Multi Currency Conversion Question 11-30
- How can i delete old email addresses that autofill when creating new mail10/11
- Release Strategy Problem with Invoicing Plan10/11
- How to get Disk I/O in % for each VM configured on Hyper-V10/11
- Total weight of a post item in purchase order message10/11
- How do I call a function in java?10/11
- Change one sound in Ultrabeat11/30
- Font not showing up11/30
- Java Applications and Applets11/30
- Shuffle Issues11/30
- Distorsioned sound in HP G60-243CL with Windows 711/30