IOS 8 Stuck photo in camera thumbnail not in Recently added
AdvertisementSince iOS 8.0, sometimes a photo gets stuck in the thumbnail square at the lower left corner of the camera window. If I touch that photo, I get a message saying that there are no photos or videos. The photo does not get into the Recently Added album.
If I take more pictures, they are shown in the square. But if I delete them all until the Recently Added album is empty, the original stuck photo appears again in the square. This thumbnail should be a gray square when the Recently Added album is empty.
The only way that I've found to fix it is to browse the phone with iExplorer, delete the folder PhotoData and DCIM and resync with iTunes.
But the problem may arise again at any time. It seems that it appears when taking several photos in a row, mainly without flash.
It didn't happen under any iteration of iOS 7, but it's been there under 8.0 and 8.0.2.
AdvertisementI Had this problem as well and the photo it was displaying was an inappropriate one I wouldn't want anyone to see so it was a big deal for me to fix this. I didn't have this photo in my camera roll or in any of my folders but I DID find it in my collections screen under the Photo app. Once I deleted it from collections it disappeared and displayed the most recent photo that is in my camera roll. If you want to keep you picture share it someone private and delete the old copy and save the new one and see if it lets you keep the photo without having the thumbnail issue.
hope this works for you.
- 1Is there a way to play your music through your laptop and the apple tv? 10-11
- 2Final Cut Pro 5 is Running Slow Any suggestions? 10-11
- 3?in blue box instead of images 10-11
- 4Business Events Type Attachment 10-11
- 5HELP wont install 1.2software version geting an unkown error ocued(1417)??? 11-30
- 6"Popping" noise w/ Audigy 2 11-30
- 7Long running process/query 11-30
- 8Error -36 when trying to copy photos from new memory card to mac hd? HELP!! very important photos! 11-30
- Open and Close Item Identification10/11
- HT1386 My Iphone will no longer sync to my pc, I intalled the latest version, and it did not help10/11
- JVM crashes with jdeveloper 11g and jrockit 610/11
- Embedded slideshow shrinks in IE 710/11
- Opinions on IBM DB2 Intelligent Miner for Data...11/30
- How to find the temp files11/30
- How to shut off bookmarks by default ( Adobe Reader 7.x)11/30
- Full Screen Safari in Single App mode11/30
- Entire computer freeze while running Safari in OS X Mavericks11/30
- Ical leaves no room for events11/30