Lightweight AP Connectivity Problem
AdvertisementHi Guys (& Ladies?),
I have a 4404 running 126.96.36.199, with a number of 1130 AG Access Points. APs are in different subnets, and were provisioned using DHCP - this all works fine.
Problems begin if I reboot / lose the Wireless LAN Controller. The APs correctly identify they're alone, and begin the re-connection / discovery process as expected.
From the AP perspective, it is sending messages to the correct IP / Port of the WLC, but never receives a response. (FILE: AP Port Span.pcap, the specific AP being spanned is 10.8.57.135, the WLC Mgmt Interface is 10.8.67.1)
From the WLC perspective, the LWAPP Discovery messages are received, but the WLC believes they contain error(s) ("UNKNOWN IE 58" and "UNKNOWN IE 99"), and so never responds. (FILE: "WLC debug lwapp packet.txt")
Currently, the only way to recover from the situation is to pull the power on the Access Points and reboot them (not easy as some APs on Power Injectors at remote sites).
So the question is, how do I fix this problem? :o)
Just so you know, the UNKNOWN IE messages are normal, and the numbers correspond with the provisioning type that was used.
In the end, the problem was caused by a problem on a Firewall where Stateful UDP wasn't configured properly, and so if a response (from WLC to AP) was recieved that was a fragmented UDP packet, it would drop the the whole packet (ie, both Fragments).
Some work on the Firewall fixed the problem.
- 1Square root is not working... 10-11
- 2Great, patient customer service this evening. No complaints - except, I requested a transcript of our chat and none was sent (yet). How do I follow up on that. 10-11
- 3Completly At a Loss with Act As Functionality 10-11
- 4Problem in STO 10-11
- 5PDFMaker Office 2010 fails while creating the PDF 10-11
- 6IMac as Secondary Thunderbolt Display 10-11
- 7STL Import Problem 11-30
- 8Itunes payment processing is temporarily unavailable - Australia 11-30
- Po creation from many pr10/11
- F110 job cancelled during an SAP restart10/11
- Xcode won't install11/30
- Cisco Anyconnect 3.X and Symantec Endpoint Protection(SEP11)11/30
- Keep getting a pop up for download mac sercurity, what do i do?11/30
- Fix for error 21- has been dropped11/30
- Hi Everybody Welcome to dedicated DMS forum11/30
- AFS-Retail Interface-Pricing Conditon Proces (Sales Condition - INFORECORD)11/30
- Edit Edit Colors Convert to Grayscale Not working11/30
- HT1711 My new playlist does not transfer to my iPhone from my Computer, why?11/30