Lightweight AP Connectivity Problem
AdvertisementHi Guys (& Ladies?),
I have a 4404 running 220.127.116.11, with a number of 1130 AG Access Points. APs are in different subnets, and were provisioned using DHCP - this all works fine.
Problems begin if I reboot / lose the Wireless LAN Controller. The APs correctly identify they're alone, and begin the re-connection / discovery process as expected.
From the AP perspective, it is sending messages to the correct IP / Port of the WLC, but never receives a response. (FILE: AP Port Span.pcap, the specific AP being spanned is 10.8.57.135, the WLC Mgmt Interface is 10.8.67.1)
From the WLC perspective, the LWAPP Discovery messages are received, but the WLC believes they contain error(s) ("UNKNOWN IE 58" and "UNKNOWN IE 99"), and so never responds. (FILE: "WLC debug lwapp packet.txt")
Currently, the only way to recover from the situation is to pull the power on the Access Points and reboot them (not easy as some APs on Power Injectors at remote sites).
So the question is, how do I fix this problem? :o)
Just so you know, the UNKNOWN IE messages are normal, and the numbers correspond with the provisioning type that was used.
In the end, the problem was caused by a problem on a Firewall where Stateful UDP wasn't configured properly, and so if a response (from WLC to AP) was recieved that was a fragmented UDP packet, it would drop the the whole packet (ie, both Fragments).
Some work on the Firewall fixed the problem.
- 1Not able to get the value in ADF taskflow on load 10-11
- 22 Users Sharing one Music Library 10-11
- 3Full Screen Help 10-11
- 4HOW DO I TURN OFF THE COMPUTER VOICE ON MY APPLE TV 10-11
- 5Parameter ID list by USER 10-11
- 6Trasport problem 11-30
- 7Document splitting & new GL function 11-30
- 8Tools for migrating data (documents) from MS SQL to Oracle 11-30
- Error publishing WSDL to service registry10/11
- Some keys are not working on my hp laptop..kindly help how to fix it?10/11
- Floating images11/30
- IPhoto open with time machine - which photo is restored-edited or original?11/30
- Activity app did not ask me for set up11/30
- Change of configuration Directory programmatic ...11/30
- Regarding Planning...11/30
- Javax.ejb.EJBException: Impossible to create the MyEjbBean11/30
- Changing Save As Preset in Audition 5.511/30
- External RAID11/30