Lightweight AP Connectivity Problem
AdvertisementHi Guys (& Ladies?),
I have a 4404 running 220.127.116.11, with a number of 1130 AG Access Points. APs are in different subnets, and were provisioned using DHCP - this all works fine.
Problems begin if I reboot / lose the Wireless LAN Controller. The APs correctly identify they're alone, and begin the re-connection / discovery process as expected.
From the AP perspective, it is sending messages to the correct IP / Port of the WLC, but never receives a response. (FILE: AP Port Span.pcap, the specific AP being spanned is 10.8.57.135, the WLC Mgmt Interface is 10.8.67.1)
From the WLC perspective, the LWAPP Discovery messages are received, but the WLC believes they contain error(s) ("UNKNOWN IE 58" and "UNKNOWN IE 99"), and so never responds. (FILE: "WLC debug lwapp packet.txt")
Currently, the only way to recover from the situation is to pull the power on the Access Points and reboot them (not easy as some APs on Power Injectors at remote sites).
So the question is, how do I fix this problem? :o)
Just so you know, the UNKNOWN IE messages are normal, and the numbers correspond with the provisioning type that was used.
In the end, the problem was caused by a problem on a Firewall where Stateful UDP wasn't configured properly, and so if a response (from WLC to AP) was recieved that was a fragmented UDP packet, it would drop the the whole packet (ie, both Fragments).
Some work on the Firewall fixed the problem.
- 1Five days ago I received an email from an anonymous sender with the subject: Your Apple ID was just used to buy full album Elton John 312.99. Your receipt No. 37930343160405752. the content began: Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 From (my email add 10-11
- 2How to encrypt password with hash function in Java? 10-11
- 3EAS 11.1.2 Services not connecting to Essbase 11.1.2 11-30
- 4"Get Specified Finder Items" action and aliases 11-30
- 5How do I stop this from capitalizing every first letter! 11-30
- 632-bit OS, x64-based Processor 11-30
- 7Hawk 5770 Strange Power Behaviour 11-30
- 8After installing Mountain Lion on my Mac I have no Internet. Safari doesn't work. 11-30
- What on Earth has happened to my iPhone 4, and how do I fix it?10/11
- Error in Abap code when combining data from two tables10/11
- Mrp run on no of line items in sale order10/11
- Quicktime not working properly in Mountain Lion10/11
- What is a stacked list?11/30
- Syntax error in program "SAPLGLIN "11/30
- Getting message as attachment!!11/30
- Why are some of my sounds not uploaded?11/30
- Contract authorization concept11/30
- I needs to Display Tree With in the table, Please Help me11/30