Current position: Home > Default > Multiple displays and one mouse - mouse behavior falls a bit short
Multiple displays and one mouse - mouse behavior falls a bit short
AdvertisementI have four monitors on my machine. I'm considering moving to eight. The only issue I have (with four) is that I quite often lose track of my mouse, and then once I find it, I have to move it a looooooong way to get to the next window I need to use it in. With eight... I'm thinking this will go from annoying to needle-in-haystack-class pointer loss.
It occurs to me that there could be several simple and friendly means for ameliorating these issues.
First, CMD-Tab could be modified so that the mouse automatically centers over the window of the selected application, presuming it is not minimized (and if it is, perhaps the mouse should end up over the appropriate icon in the task bar.) This would the pointer right in the middle of the space where you're about to work. Perhaps CMD-Option-Tab instead of CMD-Tab.
Second, a keystroke sequence that would do the centering part; first you CMD-Tab, which selects the application window you want to work in, followed by MODIFIER[-MODIFIER[-MODIFIER]]-KEYSTROKE which would simply center the mouse as I just described, separately from the CMD-Tab operation.
So. Anyone know of any mouse software or system thingamajig that would allow either or both of the above?
Failing that, anyone know if it can be done with AppleScript or some such accessible technology?
Thanks for your time and attention.
AdvertisementHi, I contacted LG as I noticed they now have monitors supporting thunderbolt connectivity. They replied suggesting the following 2 models:
I would be open to monitors this big but an the 2014 MBA support 2 21:9 monitors?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
- 1Convert to Gray scale issue in spot color file 10-11
- 2How to turn a byte into an image? 10-11
- 3IE, tomcat 4.0 - running servlet kicks to localhost7070 search screen 10-11
- 4Reduce PDF file size ... 11-30
- 5Portege Z10t - Capture Case does not fit 11-30
- 6Is this legal/genuine 11-30
- 7Can not delete disk 11-30
- 8How to create an OSX 10.8.5 USB bootable installer using Terminal 11-30
- How to replace ENTERPRISE Server Option by BB Internet Service Option?10/11
- Java Proxy error10/11
- Forgotten password for Pages document10/11
- Change direction of video shot with Canon Powershot SX20IS11/30
- 10 hour long video session a possibility?11/30
- Qunats-SAP WM11/30
- Who's uploading to my gallery?11/30
- I need to know something about computers11/30
- FEATURE REQUEST: Add to Favourites11/30
- 10.6.2 & Eduroam problem11/30