My iTunes Library has vanished
AdvertisementI have nothing in my iTunes library today. Everything is gone. I still have it all on my iPad, but not on my MacBook Pro. Any thoughts on how I can get my stuff back?
AdvertisementEmpty/corrupt library after upgrade/crash
Hopefully it's not been too long since you last upgraded iTunes, in fact if you get an empty/incomplete library immediately after upgrading then with the following steps you shouldn't lose a thing or need to do any further housekeeping. In the Previous iTunes Libraries folder should be a number of dated iTunes Library files. Take the most recent of these and copy it into the iTunes folder. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library (Corrupt).itl and then rename the restored file as iTunes Library.itl. Start iTunes. Should all be good, bar any recent additions to or deletions from your library.
See MusicFolder Files Not Added and Super Remove Dead Tracks for tools to catch up with any changes since the backup file was created.
Should you be in the unfortunate position where you are no longer able to access your original library, or a backup of it, then see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device for advice on how to set up your devices with a new library with the maximum preservation of data.
- 1BI Front end Bex analyser problem. 10-11
- 2ITunes: Seperating music from other media 10-11
- 3IMacG4: DVD shows on desktop, but installation stops after a minute 11-30
- 4URL Target to https internal site? 11-30
- 5How do I activate Premiere Pro 5.5 11-30
- 6When updating a meeting it duplicates on recipients calendars 11-30
- 7Firefox won't acknowledge cookies 11-30
- 8I have up dated my itune and now it will not play my old purchase movies. I have brought new ones and they work but my old purchases will not. Why and how can I fix it. 11-30
- Hi, I have an iTunes account on my laptop set up to work with my old iPod. I now have an iPad and new iPod but set up under a different account- can I put all the songs from my iTunes onto the new devices. Thanks.10/11
- Is it possible to mirror from a G5 to a Cinema display?10/11
- Periodic autosave of XML file10/11
- Apple worked on my Mac to fix password problem and lost all my bookmarks. Is there a way to get them back? I have tried talking to apple tech. They can't help10/11
- G5 graphics card error: ATI Radeon 9800 pro10/11
- Security Deposit - Refund time changed?10/11
- When I recenlty updated Firefox, I lost my e-mail from Firefox. When I need to go to my e-mail, I have to pull it up from Internet Explorer. This is really a pain in the neck . How do I switch my Windows Live Hotmail back to Firefox10/11
- Anyone Know How To Capture Digital Ink Signatures, Within a PDF Form?10/11
- File dates and names missing from library10/11
- Need advice with Verizon Online Backup11/30