My iTunes Library has vanished
AdvertisementI have nothing in my iTunes library today. Everything is gone. I still have it all on my iPad, but not on my MacBook Pro. Any thoughts on how I can get my stuff back?
AdvertisementEmpty/corrupt library after upgrade/crash
Hopefully it's not been too long since you last upgraded iTunes, in fact if you get an empty/incomplete library immediately after upgrading then with the following steps you shouldn't lose a thing or need to do any further housekeeping. In the Previous iTunes Libraries folder should be a number of dated iTunes Library files. Take the most recent of these and copy it into the iTunes folder. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library (Corrupt).itl and then rename the restored file as iTunes Library.itl. Start iTunes. Should all be good, bar any recent additions to or deletions from your library.
See MusicFolder Files Not Added and Super Remove Dead Tracks for tools to catch up with any changes since the backup file was created.
Should you be in the unfortunate position where you are no longer able to access your original library, or a backup of it, then see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device for advice on how to set up your devices with a new library with the maximum preservation of data.
- 1Limitation on number of presentations in iuXML page? 10-11
- 2Cannot print character mode in windows 2000 10-11
- 3How to upload pdf file in iphone and how to view 10-11
- 4Firefox freezes every five minutes, "not responding" for about a full minute at a time then resumes, only to do it again five minutes later 10-11
- 5How do I install iWork'09 from original DVD on my iPad? 10-11
- 6Annoying volume icon in the middle of my display. 10-11
- 7A table haing more than one view 11-30
- 8ABAP query output 11-30
- Itunes says my computer isn't authorized to play certain songs but it is.10/11
- Oracle 10.2.0.4 vs 10.2.0.5 SQL optimizer11/30
- Help installing PSE10/Premier onto Mac from PC without software CD11/30
- Download Integration Option for Microsoft SharePoint11/30
- Dynamic list of check boxes in forms 6i11/30
- Manual Import of Support pack long time11/30
- Problems sorting multiple releases from the same year11/30
- Taking edited images backwards in lightroom process (4 back to 2) for a college class.11/30
- Bottom half of titling near bottom screen gets cut off on my tv.11/30
- I have just purchased av cable to view whats on my iphone to my tv but this doesnt work with everything that is displayed? Games, home screen internet etc.11/30