My Macbook is running slow...HELP!
AdvertisementMy Macbook is running slower than usual and I cannot connect to some websites. If I cannot connect it will either say cannot connect or will tell me "Request Timeout. The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request." It gave me this error when I was trying to come to this website. Had to use another computer. Also, in the last month or so I have been noticing that it has been running really hot! Not sure if they are at all connected.
One more thing is it has been locking up frequently. Before a few weeks ago I could count on one hand how many times my Macbook has locked up in two years and now it is a daily occurrence! Please help me!! Maybe I need to run some sort of clean up?
AdvertisementIf you are using a lot of graphics especially 3d stuff that will really slow down your computer and will also get it reallt hot.
Are there any other applications that you are using?
Check the cpu usage and quit apps that are using a massive amount of cpu
1. Open the applications folder > Utilities > Activity monitor
2. Look for programs that are using a massive amount of cpu (it helps to sort them by how much cpu they use)
3. Quit or force quit applications that are using massive amounts (youtube videos and stuff like that use a lot of cpu)
You can't quit the kernel_task ones and those but you can close any of the applications.
For the connection timeout, make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- 1I'm useing lvwutil32.dll and am getting a "Error 10" (New I/O attempted with old I/O in progress), help :-( 10-11
- 2How to use "where" condition when we use update or delete in a dbadapter? 10-11
- 3F110 critical issues 10-11
- 4Problems With Activation 11-30
- 5Tax code for reimbursement Wagetype 11-30
- 6How do you Arrange and sort Photos 11-30
- 7I am a creative cloud member , why can't i use 2014 cc ? it should pay money again ? 11-30
- 8Does a server proxy need XI comm channel? 11-30
- Error showing while adding a management pack to 2007R2 authoring console10/11
- Can't find airport but all other computers do?10/11
- Disk utility doesn't see internal HD10/11
- Security deposit or earnest deposit money in tendering process10/11
- XPath Expression in document definition10/11
- Can we access PI tables from WebDynpro Java via PI 7.1?11/30
- How do I get new security questions if I dont have a rescue email11/30
- Sync entire library to iphone11/30
- How to import RSS feeds?11/30
- Read ADE DRMd Epub books on the iPad - Does Apple have an app for this?11/30