My Macbook is running slow...HELP!
AdvertisementMy Macbook is running slower than usual and I cannot connect to some websites. If I cannot connect it will either say cannot connect or will tell me "Request Timeout. The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request." It gave me this error when I was trying to come to this website. Had to use another computer. Also, in the last month or so I have been noticing that it has been running really hot! Not sure if they are at all connected.
One more thing is it has been locking up frequently. Before a few weeks ago I could count on one hand how many times my Macbook has locked up in two years and now it is a daily occurrence! Please help me!! Maybe I need to run some sort of clean up?
AdvertisementIf you are using a lot of graphics especially 3d stuff that will really slow down your computer and will also get it reallt hot.
Are there any other applications that you are using?
Check the cpu usage and quit apps that are using a massive amount of cpu
1. Open the applications folder > Utilities > Activity monitor
2. Look for programs that are using a massive amount of cpu (it helps to sort them by how much cpu they use)
3. Quit or force quit applications that are using massive amounts (youtube videos and stuff like that use a lot of cpu)
You can't quit the kernel_task ones and those but you can close any of the applications.
For the connection timeout, make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- 1How do I safely get rid of a partition? 10-11
- 2Sql query taking 2 much time to execute 10-11
- 3USB Upgrade Question 11-30
- 4Not matching sizes 11-30
- 5Mac OS X 10.8.3/All FF versins: Drop-down menus on pages "blink", won't stay open 11-30
- 6Opening Camera Raw in Bridge 11-30
- 7Set version of acrobat in web browser options? 11-30
- 8Adobe Touch Apps and 'café logo' | Adobe Touch Apps | Adobe TV 11-30
- Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong when creating a native extension for iPad? (Very detailed)10/11
- Can 2 different iphones share the same apple ID?10/11
- Error while loading the data from ODS to InfoCube10/11
- A network related or instance specific error when I run VS2005 application10/11
- ITunes 10.0.1 no longer has Command-R shortcut to open root file of a song!10/11
- XI with ABAP stack only ?10/11
- Problem in the header in the main window in russian language in script10/11
- Keyboard keys on left side hard to use10/11
- I want to create org data profile in service scenario, with price determination from sales org, distribution centre , can any one help me with these11/30
- Does not sleep when I close the lid...11/30