My Macbook is running slow...HELP!
AdvertisementMy Macbook is running slower than usual and I cannot connect to some websites. If I cannot connect it will either say cannot connect or will tell me "Request Timeout. The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request." It gave me this error when I was trying to come to this website. Had to use another computer. Also, in the last month or so I have been noticing that it has been running really hot! Not sure if they are at all connected.
One more thing is it has been locking up frequently. Before a few weeks ago I could count on one hand how many times my Macbook has locked up in two years and now it is a daily occurrence! Please help me!! Maybe I need to run some sort of clean up?
AdvertisementIf you are using a lot of graphics especially 3d stuff that will really slow down your computer and will also get it reallt hot.
Are there any other applications that you are using?
Check the cpu usage and quit apps that are using a massive amount of cpu
1. Open the applications folder > Utilities > Activity monitor
2. Look for programs that are using a massive amount of cpu (it helps to sort them by how much cpu they use)
3. Quit or force quit applications that are using massive amounts (youtube videos and stuff like that use a lot of cpu)
You can't quit the kernel_task ones and those but you can close any of the applications.
For the connection timeout, make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- 1How do i manage multiple devices and multiple libraries? 10-11
- 2Cannot copy and paste from Firefox 3.5 into Dreamweaver 10-11
- 3Excel Spreadsheet Import 10-11
- 4Hooking up tv to internet 10-11
- 5Mac Compatible Software for NAVMAN - What to use? 11-30
- 6Fastest way to transfert data from cRIO 11-30
- 7Is it possible to lock a single value in a table 11-30
- 8How do prevent HTML snippets from being listed on search engines? 11-30
- Trouble importing photos from Canon Power Shot SD130010/11
- Add metadata to Flash flv file?10/11
- BBerry manager install has frozen my PC10/11
- Oracle Drive: Icon Not Displayed in "My Computer"10/11
- Get a list of af:selectBooleanCheckbox adf11/30
- I had a stolen macbook pro 15 "11/30
- Plant Replication Classic Scenario SRM 3.011/30
- DBA Cockpit shows incorrect space information11/30
- Error during launching the integration builder11/30
- Skype offline IM dates are wrong11/30