Networking Mac to pc to file share
AdvertisementNew MacBook pro and trying to network to desktop pc to file share. I set up my new Mac to share printer with out a problem on network but can't seem to get the Mac to see the network so I can view files on pc that is running windows 7. Has anyone had this problem? I'm sure it's operator error but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Is there a way to open the files on the second HDD (ie: FilesA, FilesB, FilesC as described above)?
Yes, easiest way is with Sharepoints...
Use it to set any Drive/Folder as a Normal share, set Users and/or Groups, Rights, & AFS/SMB rights.
Next, when i go to Network on my Mac the Mshome folder does not always show the PC. It was showing it earlier today, but not now.
95% of the time the problem is tht the PC's Firewall has quit sharing, Might try Bonjour for Windows...
This should help the printer problem also.
- 1MSI X48c Platinum boot problem 10-11
- 2How can one import a large lib. containing MANY of the same files? 10-11
- 3Error when syncing to iTunes 10-11
- 4ICloud Error! The maximum number of free accounts has been activated on this iPod touch. 10-11
- 5Need help: playing songs in order, strangewindow message, upgrading I-Tunes 10-11
- 6Address book list not in a group 11-30
- 7Slide order and the filmstrip 11-30
- 8No Album features in CS2? 11-30
- How can I get Apple Mail to show recipient's full name AND email address10/11
- Installing grub2 1.99rc1 on Linux Software RAID (/dev/md[0-x])10/11
- UNIQUE INDEX and PRIMARY KEYS10/11
- How to move CodeWarrior plug-in project to Xcode plug-in project??????????10/11
- Writing Name/Value Metadata to a PDF10/11
- Time Lapse video10/11
- Compilation Errors related to Packages10/11
- Skype number for country not listed yet?11/30
- Problem with nokia software updater... PLS HELP11/30
- I Cannot open "Ace Money" application11/30