Open a program, but hide it from the screen
AdvertisementI have an applescript that opens Safari and does some gui-scripting with a webstie. This script is set to run at a certain time of day and when ever it runs, Safari pops up and interupts what I'm already doing. I googled it and found to use "launch" instead of "activate" when I'm telling Safari to open, but it didn't work.
AdvertisementI've never tried gui scripting with the application hidden so I'm not sure if the following will help?
set myApp to "Safari"
tell application myApp
tell application "Finder" to set visible of process myApp to false
- 1Standard Smartform for label printing for packages - pls advice 10-11
- 2Setting COMP2(Compoment) data based on an event in COMP1(Component). 10-11
- 3How to delete rows in the target table using interface 10-11
- 4How can you get into your ipod if you forgot the passcode 10-11
- 5Facetime on my ipad does not recognise my apple id password after i have upgraded to iOS 6.1 10-11
- 6Convert sql_Varient to integers 10-11
- 7Update Position changes in infotype 0001. 11-30
- 8I can't forward a picture after taking it. 11-30
- Realtek driver/pro​grams that came with my laptop10/11
- How to call Procedure in Forms10/11
- My 4S crashed when wanted to install 8.1.310/11
- How to configure Transparent proxy on solaris 10, x8611/30
- Travel Advance Posting11/30
- Observation made with USB mics and Audition CC on OSX and Windows11/30
- Can't see AirPort Express in second location11/30
- Support for Canon SX6011/30
- ESS Timesheet - Record Working Time application partially in german11/30
- How to control use from using GL that have been retricted11/30