Open a program, but hide it from the screen
AdvertisementI have an applescript that opens Safari and does some gui-scripting with a webstie. This script is set to run at a certain time of day and when ever it runs, Safari pops up and interupts what I'm already doing. I googled it and found to use "launch" instead of "activate" when I'm telling Safari to open, but it didn't work.
AdvertisementI've never tried gui scripting with the application hidden so I'm not sure if the following will help?
set myApp to "Safari"
tell application myApp
tell application "Finder" to set visible of process myApp to false
- 1Acrobat 11.0.10 Addin in Visio 2013 10-11
- 2How to use same page fragment more than once in a page, 10-11
- 3How can you create a flying through space effect? 10-11
- 4Problems with a pop-up in Dreamweaver 10-11
- 5How to open attachment in mail 10-11
- 6Intel Performance 10-11
- 7G4 mirror door + wireless? 10-11
- 8Domain.sites" could not be opened. After power loss 11-30
- Access Account assignment data inside custom search help10/11
- Need logic for calculate the balance quantity in open sales order10/11
- How to use a VHD file in VMWare10/11
- Output to firewire = distorted audio11/30
- Acrobat Reader 9 installation hangs 1.11%11/30
- Updating Read-Only Field11/30
- Dictionaries in Appleworks11/30
- Error in "Withholding tax report" (?)11/30
- Should i buy cs6 PPRO vs PPRO 5.03 please?11/30
- Material price in consignment ??11/30