Open a program, but hide it from the screen
AdvertisementI have an applescript that opens Safari and does some gui-scripting with a webstie. This script is set to run at a certain time of day and when ever it runs, Safari pops up and interupts what I'm already doing. I googled it and found to use "launch" instead of "activate" when I'm telling Safari to open, but it didn't work.
AdvertisementI've never tried gui scripting with the application hidden so I'm not sure if the following will help?
set myApp to "Safari"
tell application myApp
tell application "Finder" to set visible of process myApp to false
- 1Is there a solution that allows Windows XP to work with iCloud 10-11
- 2Date format in utle_file 10-11
- 3UTF-8 Unicode in JEditorPane doesn't work 10-11
- 4Navigating to a Selected node in a JTree 11-30
- 5How to download products? 11-30
- 6Binary array - compare 11-30
- 7ODI - cannot be installed in Windows 2008 SP2 11-30
- 8Multi currency 11-30
- How to trigger error message in PCUI when a BADI is called in SAP Backend10/11
- Multiple manuscripts created in a PDF10/11
- How can I get sent emails to NOT appear in the Sent mailbox? Thanks!10/11
- Is there a way to track the Facebook app search history?10/11
- Very Huge DB Migration Questions11/30
- How to add char to time diemension11/30
- Really, really delete photos11/30
- My iPad will not start up11/30
- Install Windows 7 .. what setting in BIOS needed for it to read my flash drive first?11/30
- Does OIM Connector for AS400 support provisioning of "Information Systems"?11/30