Persistant USB Instructions
I've been trying to install Arch Linux on a USB as a persistant installation. I was trying to use the wiki to guide me along, but in the Beginner's Guide it says to follow a certain link for installing Arch Linux on a USB flash key. I went to that link, which told how to burn a (an? if you say the "." as "dot" then "a" is correct, but I don't know if you're supposed to say the period or not...) .iso file to a USB stick. However, at the top of the page for installing Arch Linux as a flash installation on a USB stick, it has a link to another page which has the instructions for a persistant installation on USB. On that page, it says to follow the normal installation instructions, which in turn lead me to the Flash Installation instructions, which lead me to the persistant installation instructions. I'm going in a circle, and I'm not sure which instructions to follow for burning a .iso to a USB stick. Which instructions should I follow? Thanks for your answers in advance!
Advertisementhttps://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Be … rage_drive says 'If you are installing to a USB flash key, see Installing Arch Linux on a USB key.' There you get https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … stallation: 'Follow the installation guide as you normally would, with these exceptions:' which links to the installation guide and not the beginners' guide, but that's immaterial.
What instructions have you followed and what went wrong?
Which part of the wiki redirected you to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/US … tion_Media ?
- 1I can't update podcasts after updating to 11.2 10-11
- 2Windows Vista and a New External Hard Drive 10-11
- 3Replacing a hard disk: will any drive work? 10-11
- 4Where do I find how much memory I have left on my MacBook 10.5.8 10-11
- 5SAP Passport Certificate won't import on Mac OS X Mavericks 10-11
- 6Exception:Error getting property 'add' from bean of type sample1.edit 11-30
- 7How to validate a shuttle item in oracle apex 11-30
- 8Convert XFA form to PDF document 11-30
- Reading and writing to file , getting null when i try to read file content10/11
- How can we have two different Itunes libraries on one computer?10/11
- HT4972 hello friends i have a problem in my ipod touch it has 4.2.1 version of software but it doesnot supports any aps so how to update the ios please anybody help me..10/11
- Accordion Widget is limited to 5 buttons?10/11
- Signing off of some apps so it doesn't use data...11/30
- HT1420 I just bought my cousin's ipod, and I want to update it on my computer. However, it needs authorization from his account to keep all the apps, and he's already authorized it on 5 computers. How can I update this ipod without losing all the apps?11/30
- Problem with memory module11/30
- How to stop DML during expdp11/30
- TPVS - Minimum resource load constraint11/30
- Caching of Prepared and Callable Statements11/30