Persistant USB Instructions
I've been trying to install Arch Linux on a USB as a persistant installation. I was trying to use the wiki to guide me along, but in the Beginner's Guide it says to follow a certain link for installing Arch Linux on a USB flash key. I went to that link, which told how to burn a (an? if you say the "." as "dot" then "a" is correct, but I don't know if you're supposed to say the period or not...) .iso file to a USB stick. However, at the top of the page for installing Arch Linux as a flash installation on a USB stick, it has a link to another page which has the instructions for a persistant installation on USB. On that page, it says to follow the normal installation instructions, which in turn lead me to the Flash Installation instructions, which lead me to the persistant installation instructions. I'm going in a circle, and I'm not sure which instructions to follow for burning a .iso to a USB stick. Which instructions should I follow? Thanks for your answers in advance!
Advertisementhttps://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Be … rage_drive says 'If you are installing to a USB flash key, see Installing Arch Linux on a USB key.' There you get https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … stallation: 'Follow the installation guide as you normally would, with these exceptions:' which links to the installation guide and not the beginners' guide, but that's immaterial.
What instructions have you followed and what went wrong?
Which part of the wiki redirected you to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/US … tion_Media ?
- 1Black and green screen keeps flashing in my video - please help 10-11
- 2Spry.Utils.loadURL headers problem 10-11
- 3Two iPhoto libraries - combining 10-11
- 4Amount field badi 11-30
- 5Synchronize a file on two Macs 11-30
- 6Problem with Physical Inventory 11-30
- 7RAW 8.4 für Lightroom 5.3 11-30
- 8Run notepad as administrator if modifying cuda_supported_cards.txt after 6.03 update ... 11-30
- After last automatic update, error message XUL Runner error platform version '6.0.2' is not compatible with minVersion 6.0.1. maxVersion 6.0.1. I am unable to open Mozilla Firefox at all. Had to use Explorer to ask this question!10/11
- "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" 6th gen nano ?10/11
- How to clear the last_line_iterator for custom search result?10/11
- Output format as text11/30
- How do I get my downloaded ringtones back after updating to 7?11/30
- Oracle 11g Database Performance11/30
- Installing OS 10.5.4 On a 17" iMac intel11/30
- Pl provide program/report-allows us to see old comments made by the Manager11/30
- Oracle Net Configuration Assistant failed11/30
- WiFi Problem NEO V even after downgrade11/30