Possible to join mp3 files on Import?
AdvertisementI listen to a lot of audiobooks, and I manage them with iTunes. These are books not bought through the iTunes store, but borrowed from my local library.
I only recently discovered the joys of "Joining tracks" to make a single file for each CD, etc. ( It's terrific to have a single file fper CD rather than the myriad tracks that make up an audiobook).
I have heaps of books that I have already loaded into itunes without joining the tracks - and I would like to redo them somehow.
Does anyone have any easy way to do this? I know I can re-borrow the books or burn them to a CD or burn them to a "virtual" CD and reimport, etc - but that's infernally tedious.
I can copy them off to a folder as mp3 files, then import them back (Add file to library, etc) - but I don't know how to join them when I do this, or if there is a way. (??)
Any suggestion would be much appreciated.
AdvertisementThanks for the reply, but I noticed that one of the suggested links on the right seemed to be in the area, so I went nosing around.
Turned out to be an excellent suggestion on using external software to join the MP3s (my bad! should've thought of that ages ago...) and create an audiobook file that iTunes will recognize.
(In fact I knew that once it's a continuous mp3 you can just define it as Audiobook media in iTunes, etc)
I had to search around a bit as the tried and tested software is for the Mac - but I wound up finding a little freeware gem called MergeMp3. It's lightweight but effective and what I liked was that it has various sorting options that the better known "Mp3 to Ipod Audiobook Converter" does not have.
(Also I could get it off the author's web site rather than using CNET's wretched download manager that lights up every malware alarm on my PC...)
All good now and ready to shrink my zillion audibook itty bitty files.
- 1Material in purchase order doesnot appear in ME2O 10-11
- 2Capturing DVCpro 50 into FCP 5 10-11
- 3Duplicate account created??? 10-11
- 4New 2011 MacBook Pro Firewire Port Not Working with Firewire Solo 10-11
- 5Regarding history.go() in jsp 10-11
- 6My WRT54G v5 router loses internet connection frequently 10-11
- 7Several errors during system preparation / basic configuration 11-30
- 8PCI-6133 always returns huge constant number of counts 11-30
- Multiple slashes additional question10/11
- HT201328 I Would Like To Get My Iphone 5 Unlock IMEI # 013330009468709 Please Name Is William10/11
- Lightroom 1.2 flipped images horizontally10/11
- Copy running song from iPhone player to my application10/11
- Is there a way to list files that I am working on in a Panel?10/11
- Regarding Pathetic post sale HP Services11/30
- Adobe Form: Signature Field11/30
- I am unable to delete my old Adobe CS5 suite programs11/30
- Passwords in the new ios711/30
- Installing Creative Suite 5.5 on Lion OS 10.711/30