Possible to join mp3 files on Import?
AdvertisementI listen to a lot of audiobooks, and I manage them with iTunes. These are books not bought through the iTunes store, but borrowed from my local library.
I only recently discovered the joys of "Joining tracks" to make a single file for each CD, etc. ( It's terrific to have a single file fper CD rather than the myriad tracks that make up an audiobook).
I have heaps of books that I have already loaded into itunes without joining the tracks - and I would like to redo them somehow.
Does anyone have any easy way to do this? I know I can re-borrow the books or burn them to a CD or burn them to a "virtual" CD and reimport, etc - but that's infernally tedious.
I can copy them off to a folder as mp3 files, then import them back (Add file to library, etc) - but I don't know how to join them when I do this, or if there is a way. (??)
Any suggestion would be much appreciated.
AdvertisementThanks for the reply, but I noticed that one of the suggested links on the right seemed to be in the area, so I went nosing around.
Turned out to be an excellent suggestion on using external software to join the MP3s (my bad! should've thought of that ages ago...) and create an audiobook file that iTunes will recognize.
(In fact I knew that once it's a continuous mp3 you can just define it as Audiobook media in iTunes, etc)
I had to search around a bit as the tried and tested software is for the Mac - but I wound up finding a little freeware gem called MergeMp3. It's lightweight but effective and what I liked was that it has various sorting options that the better known "Mp3 to Ipod Audiobook Converter" does not have.
(Also I could get it off the author's web site rather than using CNET's wretched download manager that lights up every malware alarm on my PC...)
All good now and ready to shrink my zillion audibook itty bitty files.
- 1Has anyone experienced problems with Mackeeper? I did not complete downloading this software. Yet, occasionally when on the internet, I will have the MacKeeper multi-colored circle replace my pointer. How do you deal with this? 10-11
- 2Iphone as a satnav ??? 10-11
- 3Dynamic Default value of variable in query 11-30
- 4Regarding Scheduling Agreement 11-30
- 5Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. This failure occured while attempting to connect to the Principle server. 11-30
- 6FCP + Motion: sharing Firewire video output 11-30
- 7OBE-15065 and REP-1103 11-30
- 8JComboBox simple question 11-30
- I have 2 iphoto libraries can i delete one10/11
- My shuffle is no longer syncing with my macbook what can I try?10/11
- Up Rez DVCPRO 5010/11
- Cannot print with HP LaserJet P100610/11
- Create Target Table Automatically with ODI10/11
- How do I get my music onto my computer without erasing it off of my phone11/30
- EA1 - Export result of query to clipboard gives ORA-00904 error11/30
- IPhoto 08 won't let me buy a book11/30
- ISA server 2006 OS Support Information (Product ID: 78984-270-4276405-04003)11/30
- Dynamic textview with menu11/30