Quicktime uses 100% CPU
AdvertisementI'm tyring to install Quicktime 7 Pro on an iMac 10,1 running Lion. After a successful installation, I open up the program from Applications > Utilities. As soon as I open the Application my CPU is completely stolen by QuickTime Player 7. I'm still able to run other programs, but Quicktime is unusable and just hangs in the background. I've used the package in house I have, the download package from Apple, and I've even bought a new copy from the App Store, but nothing works. Is this an internal software issue or is this fixable some other way?
AdvertisementIf Verify/Repair Disk Permissions wont work try resetting your Mac ACL.
Couldn't find an Apple Article for that so here's how its done:
Boot up into the Recovery HD (Hold CMD + R while booting)
Then select Mac OS X Utility's in the menu bar.
Then select Terminal and type this in the terminal: resetpassword
Then this shows up:
Now hit Reset in the bottom right corner and then reboot the Mac and see if this has worked.
- 1Windows 7 64 Bit black Screen when trying to got back to desktop 10-11
- 2X86 via patchsvr, "Failed to validate the digital signature(s)" 10-11
- 3I cant see all of the words on the screen how can i move or adjust the screen so that i can see all of the words 10-11
- 4EJB QL Syntax 11-30
- 5Socket output stream shutdown by peer 11-30
- 6Weird behaviour in report filter with Presentation variables 11-30
- 7RSTXSCRP export/import problem 11-30
- 8WebService data Access 11-30
- The update is not working, and neither is my phone! (NO HACKS INSTALLED!)10/11
- Page Breaks for Customer Open Balance Letter when printing10/11
- Blue Screen error 4410/11
- Messages stuck with green flag A. Status (XI 2.0)10/11
- EDI Message in Seeburger adapter10/11
- Multimedia Player Error10/11
- Migration from Windows Live mail to Mac mail11/30
- AFAB: Runtime Error after client copy.11/30
- HT3775 i need help as i'm new to iMac and still getting used to the thing. i keep trying to play stuff, movies that ive downloaded and also pictures that ive put into slideshows but keep getting told i dont have the right codec and things won,t play.11/30
- Halftones with a round dot11/30