Quicktime uses 100% CPU
AdvertisementI'm tyring to install Quicktime 7 Pro on an iMac 10,1 running Lion. After a successful installation, I open up the program from Applications > Utilities. As soon as I open the Application my CPU is completely stolen by QuickTime Player 7. I'm still able to run other programs, but Quicktime is unusable and just hangs in the background. I've used the package in house I have, the download package from Apple, and I've even bought a new copy from the App Store, but nothing works. Is this an internal software issue or is this fixable some other way?
AdvertisementIf Verify/Repair Disk Permissions wont work try resetting your Mac ACL.
Couldn't find an Apple Article for that so here's how its done:
Boot up into the Recovery HD (Hold CMD + R while booting)
Then select Mac OS X Utility's in the menu bar.
Then select Terminal and type this in the terminal: resetpassword
Then this shows up:
Now hit Reset in the bottom right corner and then reboot the Mac and see if this has worked.
- 1How I got my zen micro to wo 10-11
- 2100% IOS7 Fix for (IMessage Waiting for Activation) 11-30
- 3My iPod has crashed. The screen is flashing, not black. 11-30
- 4Regarding finding table (Very urgent) 11-30
- 5Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 ISO 11-30
- 6[svn:osmf:] 17935: Addition to fix for FM-936: Add null check when casting to NetStreamTimeTrait, since DVR elements will have a TimeTrait of a different type. 11-30
- 7HTTP tunnelling on version 22.214.171.124.0 - does it work? 11-30
- 8Is there a choice of keyboard style/color on the Droid Ultra? 11-30
- Adding a hard drive with an itunes library to a different machine10/11
- How to change the path of an Access .mdb file @ runtime in Visual Studio 201210/11
- Materials for idoc11/30
- Filter on the object list documents11/30
- HT204088 Where do I find all the transactions I have made at Apple for my Macbook pro?11/30
- Should I buy this game11/30
- Time Machine IS killing or corrupting disks11/30
- SQL Bug on 11.211/30
- CSACS 1121 V126.96.36.199.411/30
- My Macbook has started running really slow, help!11/30