RAID 5 array on PERC6/i offline
AdvertisementOk, so we have a 2970 with a PERC6/i. 5 drives in a RAID 5 array, and one hot spare. I apparently lost two drives today, one to a failure, and one began showing as a foreign config. I cleared the foreign config and replaced the drive, but now on my array, I'm showing 3 drives and 2 slots marked "Missing". How can I bring this array back online and good to go without deleting and creating a new VD? Thanks in advance...
ONLY used when an array is OFFLINE (non-functional/failed). If you have a 3-disk RAID 5 and two disks are foreign (or one foreign and one failed or missing), the RAID 5 is dead/offline. You must import in this case. If you replace a failed/foreign drive with a new one, and the new one is flagged as foreign and you import, you will corrupt your data.
ONLY used when an array is ONLINE (up and running, functional). If you have a 3-disk RAID 5 and one disk is showing foreign (meaning that disk is also offline), you must CLEAR it (whether it is a replacement disk or an original), then assign it as a hot-spare.
Typically once you clear the foreign configuration, you do not get a second chance - the drive is then in a Ready state.
- 1Apple TV keeps restarting/rebooting in an almost endless loop 10-11
- 2HP Printer Driver 2600n is not located in the Snow Leopard OS Upgrade - Fix 10-11
- 3Creation of Plant and Godown 10-11
- 4Cannot tick checkbox cell editor in TreeNestedInTable UI 11-30
- 5Installed ILife but iMovie does not show ANYWHERE 11-30
- 6BAPI or FM to create Customer 11-30
- 7Disable switch to tab 11-30
- 8Creative Cloud Illustrator without Java? 11-30
- How to setup a JNDI connection from Crystal report 12 (2008) ?10/11
- I can't get my email since upgrading to ios5. Please help.10/11
- Safari quits unexpectedly after Lion update10/11
- IMovie 6.0.4 will not install10/11
- How can I use Captivate installed in my PC to record an iPad10/11
- Apple Magic Mouse verses Apple Mouse10/11
- In the payslip 9008 deduction is not displayed11/30
- TREX httpserver red in TREX admin console after install v7.011/30
- Weblogic managed service not starting up after Windows restart11/30
- JPG Bild in JPG Bild einfügen11/30