RAID 5 array on PERC6/i offline
AdvertisementOk, so we have a 2970 with a PERC6/i. 5 drives in a RAID 5 array, and one hot spare. I apparently lost two drives today, one to a failure, and one began showing as a foreign config. I cleared the foreign config and replaced the drive, but now on my array, I'm showing 3 drives and 2 slots marked "Missing". How can I bring this array back online and good to go without deleting and creating a new VD? Thanks in advance...
ONLY used when an array is OFFLINE (non-functional/failed). If you have a 3-disk RAID 5 and two disks are foreign (or one foreign and one failed or missing), the RAID 5 is dead/offline. You must import in this case. If you replace a failed/foreign drive with a new one, and the new one is flagged as foreign and you import, you will corrupt your data.
ONLY used when an array is ONLINE (up and running, functional). If you have a 3-disk RAID 5 and one disk is showing foreign (meaning that disk is also offline), you must CLEAR it (whether it is a replacement disk or an original), then assign it as a hot-spare.
Typically once you clear the foreign configuration, you do not get a second chance - the drive is then in a Ready state.
- 1Pop up windows in SharePoint 2013 10-11
- 2Should I limit the number of photos in a gallery for the phone? 10-11
- 3Server backup Faliure Wth failing with snapshot error 11-30
- 4Program name for Web page 11-30
- 5Pixelated jpg image files 11-30
- 6I'm having trouble with uploading two documents to iCloud from pages. 11-30
- 7Where do I send my iPhone to be replaced 11-30
- 8How can I store photos already taken in iCloud? 11-30
- Selection screen of logical database PCH10/11
- Rendering 3D objects in Photoshop CC 201410/11
- How can I get the mail body of the start point mail10/11
- Problem with destination org of requisition10/11
- How to keep transform constant ratio selected and show instantly properties11/11
- Text field in DDIC11/30
- Advanced Table in Advanced Table11/30
- "Invalid Drive D"..... please help!!!11/30
- JDBC what do you use ?11/30
- IFrame hack for IE6 in Tooltip Widget11/30