RAID 5 array on PERC6/i offline
AdvertisementOk, so we have a 2970 with a PERC6/i. 5 drives in a RAID 5 array, and one hot spare. I apparently lost two drives today, one to a failure, and one began showing as a foreign config. I cleared the foreign config and replaced the drive, but now on my array, I'm showing 3 drives and 2 slots marked "Missing". How can I bring this array back online and good to go without deleting and creating a new VD? Thanks in advance...
ONLY used when an array is OFFLINE (non-functional/failed). If you have a 3-disk RAID 5 and two disks are foreign (or one foreign and one failed or missing), the RAID 5 is dead/offline. You must import in this case. If you replace a failed/foreign drive with a new one, and the new one is flagged as foreign and you import, you will corrupt your data.
ONLY used when an array is ONLINE (up and running, functional). If you have a 3-disk RAID 5 and one disk is showing foreign (meaning that disk is also offline), you must CLEAR it (whether it is a replacement disk or an original), then assign it as a hot-spare.
Typically once you clear the foreign configuration, you do not get a second chance - the drive is then in a Ready state.
- 16300 and an indicator that is not described in the... 10-11
- 2Bridge CC freeze and crash 10-11
- 3How do i know what is downloading in the background of my ipad 10-11
- 4Screen validations 11-30
- 5Partner function addition 11-30
- 6Obtaining monitor lock of a blocked thread 11-30
- 7How to integration obiee Authentication with external app? 11-30
- 8Where is my account picture stored? 11-30
- No video out of I/O DVI ports10/11
- Diff b/w aggretation and compresion?10/11
- How do i add gift cards to my itunes account on my iphone?10/11
- Sending PO's from SRM system10/11
- Firefox 3.6 not compatible with RealPlayerSP?10/11
- HT1363 i have an 8GB ipod touch, it's pretty old now. I've recently tried to reset the whole device as it is being given to someone else and it only comes up with the apple logo and then the screen turns off again. none of the above is helping?10/11
- Print out multiple copies for next page in sapscript10/11
- Standby ORA-111011/30
- Planning objects Backup11/30
- E-Commerce 5 - changes not visible after Check In11/30