RMAN recovery from tape and disk?
Here is my scenario: -
I have Oracle 10g and I am using RMAN to backup to disk and then I use Networker to backup on tapes from disk (retention is set to 30 days on tapes). On RMAN - my retention policy is set to recovery window of 5 days after which it deletes the obsolete backup from disk and updates the control file.
1. If I have to recover any datafile or tablespace 20 days ago how can I restore it on Production. Since I am also backing up control files on tapes but my current control file will not have 20 days old information. Is there any way that I can restore my old backup?
2.How can I test my tape backup which is older than 5 days. In other words how can I restore my database from tape on another server/
AdvertisementIf you need to restore the whole database to a point in time that is 20 days old, you "only" need:
1. to identify the right control file backup
2. restore this control file backup with Networker
3. start the instance in mount mode
4. list required datafiles and archived redo logs backup sets listed in this control file with LIST BACKUP
5. restore these backup sets with Networker
6. restore and recover database with RMAN with the right SET UNTIL clause.
If you need to restore only 1 tablespace, that's Tablespace Point In Time Recovery (TSPITR) and is another story.
I don't think you can only restore 1 datafile that is 20 days old and leave other datafiles up-to-date (unless there is only 1 datafile in the tablespace and in this case this is TSPITR).
- 1Should I use a thread and (in this case) how? 10-11
- 2Date and Time on photo's 10-11
- 3Oracle errors frm-40508 &ora-02291 10-11
- 4MBP 2012 still slow after clean install of Yosemite 10-11
- 5Oracle 9i Lite Arabic support 11-30
- 6Auto Login as part of OSD Task Sequence 11-30
- 7Best method for controlling Office 365 updates 11-30
- 8HT201250 My time machine keeps failing to backup due to space not available. 11-30
- Can I play sounds to internal speakers and an output device?10/11
- Syncing outlook over a iMac and Mac Book Pro10/11
- 3rd party billing - Invoice referenced to multiple invoices/ orders10/11
- 10.9.2 won't complete install, won't restart stops at grey screen, multiple attempts, last overnight, have to shut off my holding power switch, when back on, says computer needs to restart in updates.10/11
- Grr... please someone help me and stop me going mad!!!11/30
- Reg.write query for report11/30
- Purchase Requistion item is not showing deleted.11/30
- Error in compiling servlet..11/30
- .ics calendar to iCloud11/30
- How to make editable pieces of pie/circle segments?11/30