RMAN recovery from tape and disk?
Here is my scenario: -
I have Oracle 10g and I am using RMAN to backup to disk and then I use Networker to backup on tapes from disk (retention is set to 30 days on tapes). On RMAN - my retention policy is set to recovery window of 5 days after which it deletes the obsolete backup from disk and updates the control file.
1. If I have to recover any datafile or tablespace 20 days ago how can I restore it on Production. Since I am also backing up control files on tapes but my current control file will not have 20 days old information. Is there any way that I can restore my old backup?
2.How can I test my tape backup which is older than 5 days. In other words how can I restore my database from tape on another server/
AdvertisementIf you need to restore the whole database to a point in time that is 20 days old, you "only" need:
1. to identify the right control file backup
2. restore this control file backup with Networker
3. start the instance in mount mode
4. list required datafiles and archived redo logs backup sets listed in this control file with LIST BACKUP
5. restore these backup sets with Networker
6. restore and recover database with RMAN with the right SET UNTIL clause.
If you need to restore only 1 tablespace, that's Tablespace Point In Time Recovery (TSPITR) and is another story.
I don't think you can only restore 1 datafile that is 20 days old and leave other datafiles up-to-date (unless there is only 1 datafile in the tablespace and in this case this is TSPITR).
- 1Bring excel to front 10-11
- 2Bookmarks save only in 'recently bookmarked' folder & can not be moved to other folders 10-11
- 3SQL Subscription field shows * only with Dynamic Text Label in SQL query 10-11
- 4How can I install the skipped cds 11-30
- 5Syntax error at line 32 : `if' is not matched 11-30
- 6"Select Color Range" not working. "Warning: No pixels were selected" returned when attempting to use. Using Photoshop CS6 on a Mac running OS X Yosemite 11-30
- 7Regards source code table 11-30
- 8Database driver help 11-30
- IMovie 6 HD - TV Screen Images are blurred10/11
- Location of Podcast downloads correct but name is wrong10/11
- No Fact table Exists and [nQSError: 14070] Cannot find logical table source10/11
- ICloud sign in problem! -maximum number of free accounts have been activated10/11
- How to slove the rule resoultion10/11
- Selection fields11/30
- Creating Content Repositories11/30
- Suppressing 'Ending program' popup window in Windows 711/30
- Error message when accessing any web page except yahoo11/30
- Help opening a CS5.5 AE project in CS6 & CC?11/30