RMAN recovery from tape and disk?
Here is my scenario: -
I have Oracle 10g and I am using RMAN to backup to disk and then I use Networker to backup on tapes from disk (retention is set to 30 days on tapes). On RMAN - my retention policy is set to recovery window of 5 days after which it deletes the obsolete backup from disk and updates the control file.
1. If I have to recover any datafile or tablespace 20 days ago how can I restore it on Production. Since I am also backing up control files on tapes but my current control file will not have 20 days old information. Is there any way that I can restore my old backup?
2.How can I test my tape backup which is older than 5 days. In other words how can I restore my database from tape on another server/
AdvertisementIf you need to restore the whole database to a point in time that is 20 days old, you "only" need:
1. to identify the right control file backup
2. restore this control file backup with Networker
3. start the instance in mount mode
4. list required datafiles and archived redo logs backup sets listed in this control file with LIST BACKUP
5. restore these backup sets with Networker
6. restore and recover database with RMAN with the right SET UNTIL clause.
If you need to restore only 1 tablespace, that's Tablespace Point In Time Recovery (TSPITR) and is another story.
I don't think you can only restore 1 datafile that is 20 days old and leave other datafiles up-to-date (unless there is only 1 datafile in the tablespace and in this case this is TSPITR).
- 1Since I set my history to remember all again, whenever I start firefox (my homepage is bing) it loads indefinitely and revs up to a high memory load. The homepage won't load and I am forced to endtask in task manager. 10-11
- 2I have a specific font set for my outlook emails. When I use "send link" and need to add a note in that email, the font changes. How can I stop the font change? Thanks. 10-11
- 3E71 photo zoom, full screen & video full screen sh... 11-30
- 4COM port from VISA alias 11-30
- 5Arrow keys only partial working 11-30
- 6LMS 3.2 factory default Archive Mgmt Exclude commands 11-30
- 7Elements 10 install problems ! 11-30
- 8Itunes will not open for Mac 11-30
- Succesful but still the same old bios10/11
- HT5192 What is the best way to keep my i Phone 4S from being shadowed or breached?10/11
- Photoshop Elements 4.0 program error11/30
- Bapi to get the lead detail.11/30
- Parallelized for loop. Searching for a one-line solution11/30
- IPhoto issues after upgrading to OS X Mavericks!!11/30
- Using Adobe Thai Font in InDesign11/30
- Anti-Aliased Fonts : FF2 vs IE711/30
- LoadLibrary fails with error code 811/30
- Just purchased an iMac 21- need a reboot disc but can't find one in packaging -11/30