Routers that work with iChat AV?
AdvertisementSince Apple's list of approved routers hasn't been updated for years, I would love to hear from anyone who has purchased a router recently that works with iChat for audio/video, including any special setting changes/tips. Could anyone with a success story post here? I'm tired of the error 8 messages which in at least some cases seems to be router related.
I have used the DI-604 for about 5 years now. It is a great and cheap router/firewall. The only problem that I have ever had was an odd one. I have a mac pro. i have an external amp that I use for playing my music through. I had a cable run from the rear audio out to the amp. After the last firmware update (mac pro EFI firmware update 1.1) I could not use ichat anymore. If I bypassed the router and went straight to the modem then all was fine. It turned out that there was a major conflict with my setup using the router and rear audio out port but if i used the front headphone jack everything was fine. Other than that the DI-604 is very good. I open port 5190 on the router and have good results. If you are not sure how to open up ports then check out this site. It shows to open up a whole pile of ports but the 5190 port works fine for me.
I would also recommend this fine site from one of the other posters. Ralph Johns site is excellent
and of course what Apple has to say about their firewall
- 1Incorrect Delivery Header Packing Status 10-11
- 2I think I have got it! (Almost)...Please take a look. 10-11
- 3I would like to upgrade my macbook from 10.6.8 to Mountain lion. however, the app store said that my macbook isn't compatible with the mountain lion . Why can't I update it to mountain lion? and How can I upgrade it to a newer version ? 10-11
- 4My computer uses Windows XP. Can I use new Firefox? It is not specifically listed as being compatible. 10-11
- 5Sapscript help -displaying line items in the table 10-11
- 6My contacts suddenly disappeared from my iPhone today. When I tried to back it up and resync the phone it took away everything and went back to original setting that tells you to connect to iTunes. Unfortunatly now my computer is not recognizing the phone 10-11
- 7PLEASE HELP ME INSTALL HP ENVY 7640 SERIES WITHOUT DISC 10-11
- 8Unable to create Correspondence 11-30
- USE of PREVIOUS command to eliminate duplicate records in counter formula10/11
- My computer is acting wierd and i want to transfer all my itunes to anther comp. how can i do this i dont want to lose two ipods and my iphone!! help!!10/11
- Tran.FBL1N - problem with showing correct amount regarding partial paymants10/11
- How to take a row from database using index on crystal reports?10/11
- [Solved] Virtual terminals/agetty overhanging screen.10/11
- Node Application - effectivness?10/11
- IWeb and Photo Album/Slideshows11/30
- Opening a servlet in a particular frame11/30
- Incorrect Log On Paramters (Windows 7 64-bit)11/30
- Duplicate Contacts when migrating mailboxes to exchange 2013 SP1 CU711/30