Routers that work with iChat AV?
AdvertisementSince Apple's list of approved routers hasn't been updated for years, I would love to hear from anyone who has purchased a router recently that works with iChat for audio/video, including any special setting changes/tips. Could anyone with a success story post here? I'm tired of the error 8 messages which in at least some cases seems to be router related.
I have used the DI-604 for about 5 years now. It is a great and cheap router/firewall. The only problem that I have ever had was an odd one. I have a mac pro. i have an external amp that I use for playing my music through. I had a cable run from the rear audio out to the amp. After the last firmware update (mac pro EFI firmware update 1.1) I could not use ichat anymore. If I bypassed the router and went straight to the modem then all was fine. It turned out that there was a major conflict with my setup using the router and rear audio out port but if i used the front headphone jack everything was fine. Other than that the DI-604 is very good. I open port 5190 on the router and have good results. If you are not sure how to open up ports then check out this site. It shows to open up a whole pile of ports but the 5190 port works fine for me.
I would also recommend this fine site from one of the other posters. Ralph Johns site is excellent
and of course what Apple has to say about their firewall
- 1What is the best way to load multiple instances of a button into master index page?. I have looked a 10-11
- 2DPS: pinch and zoom function not working on all pages within folio (v30 tools using the pdf setting). What would cause some pages to pinch and zoom fluidly, while other pages appear a bit sticky? Could it be a button on the wrong layer? 10-11
- 3Stop weblogic server instance using nodemanager 10-11
- 4What are the storage limits for LR Mobile Sync? 10-11
- 5Printing with JSP 11-30
- 6SFTP Archiving issue 11-30
- 7Screen view distorted on initial boot up 11-30
- 8Comment on this code please 11-30
- Issue with creation of SSIS package - reading from XML10/11
- Why the timetable cannot be displayed correctly in the Gantt graph?10/11
- 10.7.2/iCloud has crippled my new MBP11/30
- I want to trade my 5 for a 6 plus. It says I need to return my 5 before 30 days but the 6 wont be here till middle november. Is verizon giving any grace period due to the backorder?11/30
- Help Would be cool!!11/30
- Problem in script: how to remove spacing11/30
- I cannot upgrade any of my programs.11/30
- Connect eMac to Internet through an iMac11/30
- Wrong password in Outlook Add-In.11/30
- I need to lock my stolen i pad11/30