Solution Manager prepared for the Remote Service Delivery?
AdvertisementIn preparation of GoingLive Session, we received a mail with some questions. Among them the following:
Is your Solution Manager prepared for the Remote Service Delivery? Yes/No
Is the solution transferred to SAP?: Yes/No
What does the first question mean? what should be done to prepare the Solman for session delivery?
How do I check if the solution is transferred to SAP?
Thanks a lot,
The SAP Solution Manager is a platform for the delivery of services for the following areas:
● Risk minimization
● Optimization of SAP solutions
● Knowledge transfer
Services in the SAP Solution Manager are services which help you to monitor and optimize the performance and availibility of your system landscapes and minimize your system operation risks.
You can have the support services performed by SAP or perform them yourself:
● Remote Services
SAP experts deliver this service type via a remote connection (SAP Safeguarding Services, e.g. SAP GoingLive Check).
For checking whether solution manager is prepared for remote service delivery u need to check the following.
● created a solution.
● set-up a connection to the SAP Service Marketplace (Explorer).
1. Choose the transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER.
2. Choose Delivery of SAP Services ® Service Plan, in Operations.
3. Choose Order Service from SAP.
You go to the Service Catalog.
4. Choose the link to the service.
The system goes to the catalog entry of the service, in the SAP Service Marketplace.
5. Follow the procedure described in the SAP Service Marketplace.
Solution transfered to SAP means that the u have done the configuration, testing and validation of the SAP system components and then transfered this to the satellite systems connected to Solman. Please note that solman is the central point of access for supporting implementation activities and the satellite systems are SAP systems comnected to solman in the landscape.
Hope this helps. Please assign points and let me know if u need anything specific.
- 1Getting boxes instead of text in documents. IS THERE A WAY TO ACTUALLY SPEAK WITH SOMEONE AT ADOBE? 10-11
- 2How to keep visited links from changing color? 10-11
- 3Can you adjust preset title effects on Final Cut Pro X 11-30
- 4Integrating a Predictive Dialer with COD 11-30
- 5Meet The Expert with Pat Smith (Self-Service Technologies) at 11:00 AM and 8:00 PM EDT 11-30
- 6After installing Lion, Time Capsule backed-up my mac, but unfortunately it deleted all my old beck up!! I think it's terrible, what was the point than to have time capsule??now I lost all my back up with no warning.... 11-30
- 7HT1407 what do you mean by RESTORED for ipod 2 battery charging 11-30
- 8Oracle CCA in 3COM LAN 11-30
- Adobe Updates not downloading - available but "try again later" error with link to "serial number not qualifying"10/11
- Extracting JOB_ID within the DS Job10/11
- How can I delete all the email from a user's account?10/11
- How to create a exe file of a .class file10/11
- Progress Bars10/11
- It appears to my that a Zynga toolbar that I had installed months ago has been replaced by some other toolbar, possibly Russian, possibly from someone in Savannah Georgia. How can I get rid of it and get my Zynga toolbar back?11/30
- IDM Implementation issue11/30
- Hide called number when calling is tranfered to called11/30
- Dispatcher does not start during Refresh11/30