Current position: Home > Default > Some of my live bookmarks no longer reload, not manually or automatically. I've tried safe mode and resetting Firefox and still have the problem. Fixable?
Some of my live bookmarks no longer reload, not manually or automatically. I've tried safe mode and resetting Firefox and still have the problem. Fixable?
AdvertisementI have subscribed to 19 blogs as live bookmarks. A couple of months ago, one of the blogs started not refreshing the list of posts. Now a second blog no longer refreshes. I have tried the "Reload Live Bookmark" option (both from the live book mark dropdown and from the "Show all Bookmarks" menu and it does not refresh the list. If I visit the blog, I get the latest posting, but it never shows up in the RSS feed. I have tried opening Firefox in safe mode to see if the add-ons are causing the problem and there is no change in the behavior of the feeds. I have also tried Resetting Firefox and that did not work. What else can I try?
AdvertisementDo a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
*Firefox 22.0: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
Uninstall your current Firefox version, if possible, to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
*Do NOT remove personal data when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because all profile folders will be removed and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords from profiles of other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
*(32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
*(64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
*It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other personal data are stored in the Firefox profile folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.
If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.
- 1Error while creating webi on BEx query 10-11
- 2How to setup the guest network just access internet only (not touch in internal server) 10-11
- 3IPhone not showing up in my computer (PC Question) 10-11
- 4Secured LDAP implementation in Oracle BI 11-30
- 5I have the iPad 3 but not the newest version and it is overheating. 11-30
- 6Image Encoding 11-30
- 7MY TOSHIBA L655 SHUT DOWN BY ITSELF AFTER 30 SECS 11-30
- 8Won't load past the apple screen after a while it says "restart computer" 11-30
- Are the WLS 9.1 Web Service Ant Tasks ready for prime time?10/11
- What's a good software to use for Vendor Management?10/11
- Acrobat 9 - hyper link issue and print in larger font10/11
- Aperture to Photoshop Workflow10/11
- Cannot add apps from itunes11/30
- Cisco 7960 VoIP - 2 simple questions11/30
- Where is the best place to save my projects?11/30
- Using Windows Server 2008 with After Effects as Render Slave?11/30
- Backing up actions - Not working after re-install.11/30
- Odma from 8i to 9i11/30