Current position: Home > Default > Some of my live bookmarks no longer reload, not manually or automatically. I've tried safe mode and resetting Firefox and still have the problem. Fixable?
Some of my live bookmarks no longer reload, not manually or automatically. I've tried safe mode and resetting Firefox and still have the problem. Fixable?
AdvertisementI have subscribed to 19 blogs as live bookmarks. A couple of months ago, one of the blogs started not refreshing the list of posts. Now a second blog no longer refreshes. I have tried the "Reload Live Bookmark" option (both from the live book mark dropdown and from the "Show all Bookmarks" menu and it does not refresh the list. If I visit the blog, I get the latest posting, but it never shows up in the RSS feed. I have tried opening Firefox in safe mode to see if the add-ons are causing the problem and there is no change in the behavior of the feeds. I have also tried Resetting Firefox and that did not work. What else can I try?
AdvertisementDo a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
*Firefox 22.0: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
Uninstall your current Firefox version, if possible, to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
*Do NOT remove personal data when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because all profile folders will be removed and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords from profiles of other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
*(32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
*(64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
*It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other personal data are stored in the Firefox profile folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.
If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.
- 1Uplift of Jdeveloper Extension code from 10.1.1.3 to 184.108.40.206 11-30
- 2Firewire cable won't charge iPhone 3GS.......Why 11-30
- 3Is this really a Swing bug? 11-30
- 4Methods to break pages and re-paginate 11-30
- 5How to find Field Name and Table Name 11-30
- 6Why do we need to Join in the BMM Layer 11-30
- 7I'm having a popup box come up... 11-30
- 8Why can't I use a gift card from other country? :( 11-30
- HT4623 Updated iPad2 to ios 7.0.4. iPad restarts and wants to go through setup. I get to the "Set Up iPad" screen; it is asking to restore or setup as new iPad. I pick "Restore from iTunes Backup". I do the restore, but it loops back again to setup10/11
- ITunes says there is almost a GB of photos on my iPod touch, but I only have 6 pictures10/11
- How to get the Number of lines displayed in table control in bdc10/11
- Windows 7 will not detect mouse and keyboard during first log in (BOOT CAMP)10/11
- Flash and Acrobat 9 Pro10/11
- Error in BSP10/11
- Bizarre mouse behavior on rollOut - bug??11/30
- SSL Security Hole in Safari 311/30
- Coversion between two different currencies in Purchase Order11/30
- Formula interpreter not enabled11/30