The specified cluster object CLUSTER could not be found
I'm trying to install NCS on two SLES 11 SP3 servers, but I'm stuck on this.
I can install NCS on the first server, and create the cluster object in eDir. I can see the cluster object in iManager after that.
But when I try to add the second server, I get the error from the title, even selecting the cluster object on the selection window (i.e. not typing its name).
I've searched a lot, and read the documentation, but no progress.
Can anyone help me?
AdvertisementOriginally Posted by kjhurni
I'm assuming OES11 SP2, here.
When you installed the 2nd server, did you put just the OES stuff on (ie: no NCS)?
And then afterwards, try to add it?
I've installed both servers with NCS, just configured it later. By the way, there's some information I forgot to mention: these servers already has been part of a cluster on another tree.
When I first installed the servers, I was afraid to test on our production tree, so I put both of them on a test tree. I configured a cluster on this tree with no big problems.
Now I need these servers on our production tree, but I didn't wanted do merge the trees. I removed the servers from the old tree ("ndsconfig rm") and added them to the new one.
Another interesting thing is that if I create a new cluster on the second server and try to add the first one to it, I have the same error.
If so, is there an eDir replica of the cluster partition on the 2nd box? (it shouldn't be required, just asking)
Neither of the servers have replica. When installing ncs, I've pointed the server to one that have a r/w replica.
Also, you MAY have better luck asking this in the Cluster sub-forums (it's in the OES: Platform Independent section)
Sometimes changju stops by there, or my other colleagues that are more knowledgeable than I.
Oh, I didn't knew that was a specific forum to this subject. I'll give a try on it, so.
Thank you very much.
- 1My itunes shuts down when I click on music or scroll through my albums before the album covers have loaded yet 10-11
- 2Unable to convert aac (m4a) to another format 10-11
- 3Is this Possible? Stream Video File using Server or Encoder? 10-11
- 4How to use a characteristic value variable in a formula? 10-11
- 5Config XDB for https ssl access 11-30
- 6Multiple Receivers for one interface 11-30
- 7BI certification Material needed. Please help me. 11-30
- 8Why isnt siri on my ipod touch ios6 11-30
- Multiple Apple IDs, Need Name of one, account of other10/11
- Having trouble installing my licensed LR 5 on a new computer. I have .exe file and also license/serial number. but I am asked only to buy or try.10/11
- Password changed but not accepted when trying to sign back in10/11
- 10.3.1 updation interrupted.10/11
- Chinese Characters Printing as Boxes in SAPscript10/11
- Network speed 100Full resets to 100Half11/30
- Cell merging (rowspan) in and ADF application11/30
- Performance tuning for Sales Order and its configuration data extraction11/30
- I try to open mozilla this last week and it will not open it for me. It sais it is open already but there is nothing on my computer. I had mcafee check for viruses and said there was none. I tryed uninstalling and reinstalling but it did not help.11/30
- HOWTO: Enabling Forward, Back Buttons, Logitech MX1000 Mouse11/30