The specified cluster object CLUSTER could not be found
I'm trying to install NCS on two SLES 11 SP3 servers, but I'm stuck on this.
I can install NCS on the first server, and create the cluster object in eDir. I can see the cluster object in iManager after that.
But when I try to add the second server, I get the error from the title, even selecting the cluster object on the selection window (i.e. not typing its name).
I've searched a lot, and read the documentation, but no progress.
Can anyone help me?
AdvertisementOriginally Posted by kjhurni
I'm assuming OES11 SP2, here.
When you installed the 2nd server, did you put just the OES stuff on (ie: no NCS)?
And then afterwards, try to add it?
I've installed both servers with NCS, just configured it later. By the way, there's some information I forgot to mention: these servers already has been part of a cluster on another tree.
When I first installed the servers, I was afraid to test on our production tree, so I put both of them on a test tree. I configured a cluster on this tree with no big problems.
Now I need these servers on our production tree, but I didn't wanted do merge the trees. I removed the servers from the old tree ("ndsconfig rm") and added them to the new one.
Another interesting thing is that if I create a new cluster on the second server and try to add the first one to it, I have the same error.
If so, is there an eDir replica of the cluster partition on the 2nd box? (it shouldn't be required, just asking)
Neither of the servers have replica. When installing ncs, I've pointed the server to one that have a r/w replica.
Also, you MAY have better luck asking this in the Cluster sub-forums (it's in the OES: Platform Independent section)
Sometimes changju stops by there, or my other colleagues that are more knowledgeable than I.
Oh, I didn't knew that was a specific forum to this subject. I'll give a try on it, so.
Thank you very much.
- 1SSO from Microsoft wabsite to SAP Portal 10-11
- 2Can't install(format?) new hard drive 10-11
- 3Cross-dissolve from white frame to adjustment layer no longer works in CC 2014 10-11
- 4AP CREDIT NOTE ISSUE 10-11
- 5I upgraded to Mavericks and my entire iPhoto library has been wiped. Anyone know how to restore it? 11-30
- 6Keynote crashing every 2-3 minutes while typing 11-30
- 7White balance information from camera lost? 11-30
- 8Ramon or Chris Cox or G Ballard - CM ? 11-30
- N80 Freezing10/11
- Having problems uploading an album to create a book. iPhoto will compile the data, but fails to upload. Error message allows a "Retry", but its a dead end. (iPhoto 11)10/11
- How to insert data type information to oracle database11/30
- Thumbnails updated from Aperture to iWeb11/30
- Hot Backup cloning vs Cold Backup CLoning11/30
- Users upload in SRM system11/30
- Standard Domain Changes11/30
- IOS 6 update failed on GPS location11/30
- Logic 8, macbook pro, and uad 1 expander users11/30
- How to query the data using control item avoiding special characters11/30