Trouble with restoring Ipod in disk mode
AdvertisementSo i have a 30GB Ipod video that i am having trouble restoring.
I have reset it and it goes to the sad face with the exclamation mark. I have gotten it in diagnostic mode and it looks like everything scans okay. I then ran it in disk mode and it shows the white page that it needs to be restored. Then it flashes "okay to disconnect" for a few seconds and the "do not disconnect"
Its hooked up to my laptop and have used mutliple USB ports. It gets recognized under my devices and has the double chime noise that windows makes. I right click onto the ipod to troubleshoot but nothing gets detected. The problem is i only have about 1 minute while its it disk mode and it says "do not disconnect" before it restarts.
what can I do (if anything) to make it stay longer in disk mode. I have itunes open (which I have reinstalled multiple times) but it never pulls up ipod as the source or lets me sync it.
So if i bring it to the genius bar how much to they charge just to look at it. I wonder if you thinks non repairabe that i should just put that money towards a new one.
AdvertisementAfter recharging it for at least 2 hours, do the iPod Disk Diagnostics, as posted earlier by tt2, it wont fix your problem but helps in troubleshooting.
There are 3rd Party iPod service clinic, that do free evaluation, just google for one in your Area.
- 1Facing problem in writing data to excel sheet using ActiveX 10-11
- 2Can't open a specific website with BT infinity 10-11
- 3Screen saver slide show keeps reverting to National Geographic photos? 11-30
- 4Making video chat faster 11-30
- 5Can Text run in line with circle shape? 11-30
- 6Previous Price Not Updating 11-30
- 7Prerequisites for 18.104.22.168 11-30
- 8Simple name for the portal path 11-30
- How to port phone number from verizon?10/11
- Oracle text related internal procedure taking a lot of time in our Production database10/11
- Problem: How to get album art shown on nokia 6120 ...10/11
- SQL*Loader does not recognise the \ in directory11/30
- Business Area not accessible11/30
- Update record error11/30
- Audio & Captivate: Looking for best practice11/30
- I can't use Roboform with 4.0 beta 10, so I can't use Firefox. How do you go back to beta 9?11/30
- G60 keyboard has some keys which do not work.11/30
- Yosemite Vmware failure11/30