Trouble with restoring Ipod in disk mode
AdvertisementSo i have a 30GB Ipod video that i am having trouble restoring.
I have reset it and it goes to the sad face with the exclamation mark. I have gotten it in diagnostic mode and it looks like everything scans okay. I then ran it in disk mode and it shows the white page that it needs to be restored. Then it flashes "okay to disconnect" for a few seconds and the "do not disconnect"
Its hooked up to my laptop and have used mutliple USB ports. It gets recognized under my devices and has the double chime noise that windows makes. I right click onto the ipod to troubleshoot but nothing gets detected. The problem is i only have about 1 minute while its it disk mode and it says "do not disconnect" before it restarts.
what can I do (if anything) to make it stay longer in disk mode. I have itunes open (which I have reinstalled multiple times) but it never pulls up ipod as the source or lets me sync it.
So if i bring it to the genius bar how much to they charge just to look at it. I wonder if you thinks non repairabe that i should just put that money towards a new one.
AdvertisementAfter recharging it for at least 2 hours, do the iPod Disk Diagnostics, as posted earlier by tt2, it wont fix your problem but helps in troubleshooting.
There are 3rd Party iPod service clinic, that do free evaluation, just google for one in your Area.
- 1HT203167 When I purchased a new iPad it asked me to create a iTunes account I did so by mistake not realizing that you can only have one iTunes account. All my music is on my original account so I want to stay with that account. 10-11
- 2Error in Creating Web Dynpro DC - Project 10-11
- 3N96 Firmware v20 and 30 10-11
- 4AirPlay and surround sound 11-30
- 5Opening Balances 11-30
- 6Switched to MAC from Windows 11-30
- 7Managing diag 11-30
- 8Satelltie A100-237 startup fails at boot screen... 11-30
- Problem with installing patch SP1b10/11
- Mac mini and macbook air startup takes hours11/30
- Why does Adode elements only allow 15 min vids11/30
- How do I get Flash animated slide shows to work on iPads, iPods, and iPhones?11/30
- MM not tally with FI11/30
- How to transfer textedit documents among other documents from my older macbook to my ipadair?11/30
- BB Identification reset for messenger11/30
- Contacts hidden in Outlook on new iMac11/30
- Trailing lines with Wacom11/30
- Does Aperture Recognize New Images?11/30