Upgrading Wireless in PB 12", Latest OSX
AdvertisementMorning all. My roomate has a 12" PowerBook. All of the network devices in my apartment are wireless. I'm running a Linksys WRT54G router on open firmware, a MacBook Pro first generation, and a Core Duo Mac Mini. There's also an xbox 360 on wireless. Point is, they're all G devices, and they work smoothly on the network. His laptop is causing network problems though, being a B device. All the G devices have to throttle back to B speeds when he connects, and on top of that his connection can be very spotty. Is there any way to upgrade his wireless hardware to the G standard? I'm very tech savvy, so installing the hardware would not be a problem for me. Thanks!
AdvertisementThat's a shame. I figured for sure there would be a way to upgrade the airport card in the machine itself. I know PCMCIA etc are out of the question. A USB dongle is also a crappy solution I'm afraid. He's used to his machine being a smooth easy to carry item without extra accessories.
G networks throttle back the speeds when B devices connect, to maintain compatibility. The network is setup for B & G, or he would not be able to connect at all.
- 1QUERYING CLOB DATATYPE 10-11
- 2Crystal Report Integration Problem with VS 2012 Ultimate 10-11
- 3Problem with HD 10-11
- 4Need some help here 10-11
- 5Https via upstream proxy fails 11-30
- 6Can't jar files with paths 255 chars 11-30
- 7Showing file names in Slideshow mode 11-30
- 8Cisco VPN client funktioniert nicht mehr mit Lion! Error 51!! wie kann ich das beheben? 11-30
- BUG: JDev 10.1.3.0.4 Embedded OC4J Server Preferences10/11
- JPG's not displaying full colour in Bridge10/11
- How to ensure Digital Signatures are not faked?10/11
- HT4113 I've lost the passcode and the Ipod is fully disabled and i know longer own the computer the Ipod was first connected to,what do i do?10/11
- 2012 Docking Station--Drivers?11/30
- Have no windows open when iChat starts.11/30
- Ipad1. Movie download stops, say its a mistake. It load a surten amount of gb,then starts allower. How to complite the download?11/30
- Difference between ActiveX Controls and JavaBeans11/30
- Problem in PI Sheet Print out11/30
- How to remove Oracle Services from Win NT Services11/30