Upgrading Wireless in PB 12", Latest OSX
AdvertisementMorning all. My roomate has a 12" PowerBook. All of the network devices in my apartment are wireless. I'm running a Linksys WRT54G router on open firmware, a MacBook Pro first generation, and a Core Duo Mac Mini. There's also an xbox 360 on wireless. Point is, they're all G devices, and they work smoothly on the network. His laptop is causing network problems though, being a B device. All the G devices have to throttle back to B speeds when he connects, and on top of that his connection can be very spotty. Is there any way to upgrade his wireless hardware to the G standard? I'm very tech savvy, so installing the hardware would not be a problem for me. Thanks!
AdvertisementThat's a shame. I figured for sure there would be a way to upgrade the airport card in the machine itself. I know PCMCIA etc are out of the question. A USB dongle is also a crappy solution I'm afraid. He's used to his machine being a smooth easy to carry item without extra accessories.
G networks throttle back the speeds when B devices connect, to maintain compatibility. The network is setup for B & G, or he would not be able to connect at all.
- 1I have forgotten my iPad password and tried to back up and restore my iPad but it says you need to unlock your device before you restore it but that is the whole reason I am trying to restore my iPad. Can anyone help? 10-11
- 2Itunes won't open after upgrade 10-11
- 3Auto creation of child requests when parent request has more than one group 10-11
- 4How do I change the desktop picture on *all* windows with Lion? 10-11
- 5Interactive form in web dynpro abap 10-11
- 6IPod connected to car by using a cassette 10-11
- 7No transport provider registered with ID: email 10-11
- 8Correct procedure to update Embedded Controller Programme - T43 11-30
- TS3694 I cannot restore my settings on my Ipod touch. Getting error "2003"10/11
- Disappearing page and flash video in iweb????????10/11
- Applescript Quicktime export movie to image sequence10/11
- DVD-R Upgrade10/11
- Relating facts with different grains11/30
- HTML file send as an attachment via an email adapter11/30
- Getting an error while product is setup after complition of OAM webpass11/30
- I can't set my samsung printer Ml2160w on wifi11/30
- Firefox keeps "Not Responding" and freezing my computer11/30
- Why is my cursor so sensitive when trying to hilite or underline test, and sometimes it completely disapears? - Sam11/30