Current position: Home > Default > Will the Power BI Analysis Services Connector work if AD and AAD UPN suffixes don't match?
Will the Power BI Analysis Services Connector work if AD and AAD UPN suffixes don't match?
AdvertisementWe are using Azure Active Directory, AD FS, and DirSync with
Alternate Login IDs, which means that our on-prem usernames have a different UPN suffix from our AAD usernames.
Will the Power BI Analysis Services Connector work in this setup? Or do the AD and AAD UPN suffixes absolutely have to match?
From SSAS, we simply query AD by passing the UPN we receive from AAD. As long as AD can find a match, it'll work.
So if there is a way in AD to map a particular UPN to another value, it'll work.
For example: For a user A, her on premises UPN is
'[email protected]' but she uses '[email protected]' as her email address. From AAD we'll receive
'[email protected]' & since AD knows that this is same as
'[email protected]' effective user name will work.
Hope this clarifies! let me know if you have more questions.
- 1Material Transaction Open Interface Error 10-11
- 2Project Server 2010: PWA Removing Default Project Site Security Groups When Creating a New Project 10-11
- 3Purchase and sales flow resulting from 'production in other plant'. 10-11
- 4Tools menu in Portfolio - Acrobat X? 10-11
- 5HT204088 I have a duplicate charge from an album I already downloaded 11-30
- 6IPhone Level 1 Email Notifications 11-30
- 7PO Deletion 11-30
- 8Broadcasting: cell item is centered / size of email attachment 11-30
- ProEngineer files are not recognized by Acrobat 9 Pro Ext.10/11
- ANN: XML Parser for C - Version 1.0.110/11
- Samsung CLX-2160N Network Printer - How?10/11
- Super Drive11/30
- Apple store updates not working!11/30
- Create Item Category for PO11/30
- WRT110 internet issues (HELP)11/30
- ESS Errro : Hrxssce_Service_Appl_Path doesnt exits11/30
- Populating JSF ListBox from DataBase11/30
- My excell document does not want to upload into my email, it appears as if it has 0bytes but its bigger than 75kbs!11/30