Current position: Home > Default > Will the Power BI Analysis Services Connector work if AD and AAD UPN suffixes don't match?
Will the Power BI Analysis Services Connector work if AD and AAD UPN suffixes don't match?
AdvertisementWe are using Azure Active Directory, AD FS, and DirSync with
Alternate Login IDs, which means that our on-prem usernames have a different UPN suffix from our AAD usernames.
Will the Power BI Analysis Services Connector work in this setup? Or do the AD and AAD UPN suffixes absolutely have to match?
From SSAS, we simply query AD by passing the UPN we receive from AAD. As long as AD can find a match, it'll work.
So if there is a way in AD to map a particular UPN to another value, it'll work.
For example: For a user A, her on premises UPN is
'[email protected]' but she uses '[email protected]' as her email address. From AAD we'll receive
'[email protected]' & since AD knows that this is same as
'[email protected]' effective user name will work.
Hope this clarifies! let me know if you have more questions.
- 1LOGICAL DATABASE BRF FOR ... BKPF AND BSEG 10-11
- 2How to enable my ipod touch? 10-11
- 3New features in SAP Solution Manager 4.0 11-30
- 4Extraction of Purchase Orders 11-30
- 5How to post Freight Charge in INbound INVOIC Idoc? (MM Invoice Verif) 11-30
- 6Please help: connection refused on localhost 11-30
- 7Cannot open NEF files in PSE 9 11-30
- 8How to solve this probleme in error message RJ012 when extract co-pa ? 11-30
- No pull down for notification center since updating to iOS 5.0.110/11
- Cannot get link for contact to work. Rescue email address is no longer valid and I cannot remember my security questions to update it10/11
- Over 100 new songs appeared in my iTunes. Artists I've never heard of. All seem to be "iCloud" songs10/11
- RD Session Broker + NLB doesn't work for external users (internal users on network/WAN are OK)10/11
- N97 V2.1 - Observations10/11
- HT202157 Apple TV update problems - hanging.10/11
- Problems creating session ejbs in a startup class11/30
- [svn:fx-] 13817: Branch maintenance:11/30
- My brand new apple mac pro is unresponsive when I try to go thru the quick set up. any advice?11/30
- SP_transaction notification11/30