Windows 8 Consumer Beta Auto-Dimming issue?
AdvertisementSo installed Windows 8 last night (over Windows 7, since I'm not an avid user of Windows anyway). I fixed my trackpad issue, but my display auto-dims to a very low brightness for no reason. I have brightness control, but I'll change it, and less than 30 seconds later it will simply revert back to a low rightness. Is there a fix for this? Should I just go ahead and wipe it and do a clean install?
AdvertisementI think it's a problem with the ambient light sensor.
I had this problem and to fix it you need to go into the advanced power options and there is an option for auto-brightness. If you turn this off then the problem goes away.
On the system tray, click on the Power icon, and then Advanced Power settings, and the option is towards the bottom of the list.
I'm not on Windows right now so not 100% sure about the exact path, but its something along those lines.
- 1How do I create a new .DS_Store file for the Desktop? 10-11
- 2Financial Document check Not OK 10-11
- 3Can connect to Internet, but not router. 10-11
- 4Moved from AVID to FCP...viewing on NTSC monitor question 10-11
- 5Need new notebook for video editing 10-11
- 6Three monitors with one video card??? 10-11
- 7File's format is too new for this version of the application 11-30
- 8Total issue in ALV 11-30
- How do I add a signature not only to newly composed mail but, to reply emails?10/11
- Drag and drop data from datagrid to textInput with flex.11/30
- T CODE for Incoming Check Management11/30
- Download failure to Nokia 6230i11/30
- Missing Magnolia Purchase Points11/30
- Reader list doesn't always work11/30
- SAP HELP for CPM?11/30
- N97 mini software issues11/30
- Prompts parameters disappear when reschedule a instance from history11/30
- Mail.app immediately crashing on launch, cannot get email11/30