Windows 8 Consumer Beta Auto-Dimming issue?
AdvertisementSo installed Windows 8 last night (over Windows 7, since I'm not an avid user of Windows anyway). I fixed my trackpad issue, but my display auto-dims to a very low brightness for no reason. I have brightness control, but I'll change it, and less than 30 seconds later it will simply revert back to a low rightness. Is there a fix for this? Should I just go ahead and wipe it and do a clean install?
AdvertisementI think it's a problem with the ambient light sensor.
I had this problem and to fix it you need to go into the advanced power options and there is an option for auto-brightness. If you turn this off then the problem goes away.
On the system tray, click on the Power icon, and then Advanced Power settings, and the option is towards the bottom of the list.
I'm not on Windows right now so not 100% sure about the exact path, but its something along those lines.
- 1SOLVED: Unable to set Destination URI to URL stored in a VO attribute 10-11
- 2Adobe Reader 9.4.0 10-11
- 3Errno 88 - can't start up 10-11
- 4Licensing and transfer of software from One PC to Another 11-30
- 5Cursor in Text field 11-30
- 6Widget on i phone 11-30
- 7Windows 7 RC Compatibil​ity for C7280 and LightScrib​e 11-30
- 8How to assign copied driver program to script form rvinvoice01 11-30
- How do I install iPhone Firmware without Errors???10/11
- Is there a way to calibrate gps on ipad?10/11
- HT4623 After I updated my iPad using my computer, it has started to lag a lot and run very slowly. Why is it doing this and is there any way to make it stop lagging?10/11
- External Hard Drive Won't Show Up10/11
- List selection bean10/11
- How to change color of font in JTextArea without changing existing text ?10/11
- Why won't my iMessage deliver10/11
- Where to learn about database tuning from?11/30
- Reports thin client11/30
- HT1338 hi i am using mac os x 10.5.8 but this os is not supporting few software updates.so how can i get a better version of os?11/30