Windows 8 Consumer Beta Auto-Dimming issue?
AdvertisementSo installed Windows 8 last night (over Windows 7, since I'm not an avid user of Windows anyway). I fixed my trackpad issue, but my display auto-dims to a very low brightness for no reason. I have brightness control, but I'll change it, and less than 30 seconds later it will simply revert back to a low rightness. Is there a fix for this? Should I just go ahead and wipe it and do a clean install?
AdvertisementI think it's a problem with the ambient light sensor.
I had this problem and to fix it you need to go into the advanced power options and there is an option for auto-brightness. If you turn this off then the problem goes away.
On the system tray, click on the Power icon, and then Advanced Power settings, and the option is towards the bottom of the list.
I'm not on Windows right now so not 100% sure about the exact path, but its something along those lines.
- 1LabView Exe Applicatio​n file not launch Excel applicatio​n for report generation 10-11
- 2Unable to update apps after software update 10-11
- 3External hard drive, time machine and games 10-11
- 4Device timeout while syncing ipad to itunes 11-30
- 5How to Use MAX condition using Query Report 11-30
- 6Conversion of PR into PO 11-30
- 7Will Firefox Home allow Flash Player content on my iPad 2? 11-30
- 8Control key from Windows keyboard 11-30
- I can no longer see my kobo in the ADE. What do I do?10/11
- Essbase - OBIEE connectivity10/11
- ITunes Stops Responding When Trying To Play Video - Windows 7 64bit10/11
- Condition type not appearing in Sales order10/11
- My iPhone 4S is taking FOREVER to fully charge, and sometimes the battery percentage will go down for a little bit and then go back up. What's wrong with my phone?10/11
- Convert hexadecimal output to decimal (number)10/11
- BW reporting to extranet user (internet)11/30
- Can't create .jar file?11/30
- PA 30 does not Trigger 0210 Withholding Info W4/W5 US for FED11/30
- When opening in another tab how do i get it to open up in google? not home page.11/30